Voice Commands for Co-pilot

To help with the workload during takeoff and landing, I would like to see new feature where you can give voice commands to the Co-pilot such as:

“Co-pilot, Turn on landing lights”
“Co-pilot, tune radio to 122.8”
“Co-pilot, set flaps to Notch 1”

Hi @SpacingGrain400, welcome to the forums! Have you looked into using Voice Attack? I haven’t tried it, but have heard good things. There are a few posts specific to it.

I bought this yesterday and VoiceAttack 64 bit which it depends on.

and
https://voiceattack.com/

I’ve been playing with it this morning and it seems pretty good so far and allows you to delegate to the co pilot with voice commands so it seems like just what you are looking for. It cost me about $25 total for both of them.

1 Like

When flying a real aeroplane, I have no issues finding where controls are for doing things. But on my sophisticated HOTAS setup, with buttons and modes and everything that I’ll ever need mapped, a cheat sheet and all, I can’t seem to be able to find stuff, and end up inevitably reaching for my trusty trackball to interact with the on-screen cockpit.

Most of the things that I do while flying I verbalise, especially while following a checklist. It is not unnatural for me to call “transponder to standby” and then fumble with the trackball for a few seconds trying to find and drag the transponder knob on screen while trying to hold my head still so that TrackIR doesn’t mess with the operation.

Flight Simulator has become an excellent showcase of Microsoft’s technology, like Bing Maps and Azure, why not add Cortana voice recognition to the mix?

I would like to say:

• Cortana, gear up.
  • Cortana, ten degrees of flap.
  • Cortana, standby com one to one two two decimal four two five, and swap.
  • Cortana, evasive maneuvers.

This would delight me enough to fly down to Bordeaux and thank the Asobo engineer responsible in person.

Is this what you need?

3 Likes

Voice attack is definitely a good option… I’ve used it in the past for complex games such as elite and star citizen.

Certainly would be nice to have the option for a native solution too though. As mentioned with cortana and azure at Microsoft’s disposal a truly great native implementation could be done.

It could even build into the world exploration aspect - Cortana tell me about “X” POI for example. Cortana where am I etc…

Cortana most probably will answer: Behind your gaming pc, duh… :slight_smile:

this is great, they talk, react and listen to you. but its not freeware