VR and glasses

I’ve tried both multi-focus Braydon model Foster Grant’s that I had lying around and I’ve tried my progressive bifocal normal eye glasses. Other than trying to test whether a little +OD helps and where relatively in the changing OD across the lens of the glasses that OD occurs, because of the varying OD across the span of the lens, neither type of reading glass (multifocus or progressive) worked very well for me.

On Amazon you can get El Cheapo full-lens reading glasses with +OD correction as low as +0.5 or +1.0 OD (unfortunately, you usually have to buy 3 or 4 - what a waste of the Earth’s plastic!). Presumably, the glasses are made for the average IPD (about 64 mm) and the dimensions are usually given in the product image collection.

BTW, I used the free EyeMeasure app with my wife’s iPhone XS Max to get my IPD. I held the iPhone up to my face at arm’s length and level with my face as if I were taking a selfie. You get a very consistent reading as soon as you look at the phone and like @CptLucky8, I did find that I got the ~sharpest sweet spot if, in the Windows Settings, Mixed Reality, Headset Display, I tuned the IPD set using the Reverb G2 headset physical slider to be ~1 mm more than the EyeMeasure-determined IPD. I used the sharpness of my monitor text like an eye chart for tuning the IPD. YMMV. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit_Update: I decided to try my prescription glasses with progressive bifocals again and find that in the interim, until I get a new eye exam and order custom prescription lens inserts, that works pretty well to give me sharp central vision with the G2 even though the progressive part of the lenses is blurry. My rationale and the way I adapt is described here: PSA: Reverb G2 small sweet spots, observations and solutions - #60 by JALxml

1 Like