VR and Reverb G2 Launch

Hi pmb2019,

here my 2 dxdiag samples, WITH and WITHOUT headset connected

https://abload.de/img/dxdiagwithvrheadsetco86j14.jpg
https://abload.de/img/dxdiagnovrheadsetconnpujk5.jpg

1 Like

You might want to validate there is actually a difference between your previous DxDiag file and the new one, as well as find out what differences there are, using for example a tool like http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/

1 Like

Yes, the present Dxdiag is different from the previous one and has the additional tabs. We’ll see if this is enough for being accepted. :wink:

Kind regards, Michael

I replied to @Jummivana in another post asking to be reconsidered for the beta (after I had updated my DxDiag) and the next day I had access.

1 Like

I wrote to Zendesk after updating my DxDiag and they replied they’ll add me. Looking forward now.

2 Likes

I ordered the G2 as soon as it was available to pre-order. It will be my first VR headset. I held off for a few years due to every other headset not ‘ticking all the boxes’ (cost, resolution, LCD glare, need for lighthouses etc.). This is the first that looks like it will satisfy everything.

Obviously I didn’t apply to the VR beta as I have no headset at present, but I rather hoped that by Asobo starting the VR beta now, they could improve the chances of launching with the G2’s release - or at least launching with something that wasn’t too broken. Maybe the time scales are a bit tight and it’s not likely to happen. We’ll see.

I didn’t get the G2 for MSFS alone, so I’m OK with waiting and won’t be complaining due to any sense of ‘entitlement’ if it’s delayed. What does irk me with regard to HP (or rather their UK partner) is that the money was taken for the headset back in August I think, before any delays were announced, yet almost 3 months later I still have nothing to show for the gaping hole in my bank account… :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m so jealous of you guys and girls in the VR beta. Good luck for the testing - please don’t find too many bugs so general release comes quicker! :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been throwing money at VR since 2016, and I am hopeful that the G2 will a great all rounder of a headset. I love my Reverb v1 for clarity, but it’s not comfortable and the colours are quite washed out.

It seems like MS are being pretty responsive in adding people to the VR beta, so there’s hope for new G2 owners.

1 Like

They intended (planned) to release VR alongside the G2, but we all know that even the best intentions and plans usually don’t work out exactly as people want. That’s just how life is every day, and if I had a dollar for every time some intended plans didn’t work out my way, I’d be too rich to care.

Plug in any old WMR headset and generate the dxdiag file. Also they check when was the last time you logged in to MSFS which is one of the selection criteria too so make sure you logged in recently.

Guys, I can’t say much because of NDA but VR mode is ways different than flatmode, I flew upside down, loops and spins. My head went into a spin, it was so awesome!

2 Likes

I’m trying to find the VR thread but it won’t allow me to log in with my microsoft email (also my beta test email). It says it already exists but there’s no option to recover the password for it.

I’m exactly in the same situation as you :slight_smile: Except the last part, because I chose to pay on delivery.

Same situation here as well. I often thought about buying a headset over the last few years but somehow the time never seemed to be right (too expensive, computer not good enough, sim not good enough, no time, other things on my mind etc). Now it seems to be the perfect time to take the plunge and I have to say I haven‘t been this excited about a piece of hardware in a long time.

Has anyone else been accepted, followed the instructions before the weekend was over, and yet still not have access?

You are in for a total evolution of visuals.

DijitalMajik,

It 100% seems MS is only sending invites for people who already have a WMR headset. I applied and uploaded a dxdiag a ago and waited for an invite. Then I realized last week that I didn’t have my Odyssey+ connected. I plugged it in, created a new dxdiag, verified it had the headset info in it. then submitted the new one. Two days later I got an invite email.

@DijitalMajik Please remember the NDA is in effect. People cannot talk in the public forums about anything related to the VR beta that non-testers do not know.

If you believe you should have access to the forums, please send @Jummivana or @Moderators a PM.

I don’t think we had any such option in the UK, else I missed it! :thinking:

Definitely. I tried a Vive Pro for 5 mins at a flight sim show, which was getting to the ‘acceptable’ point in terms of resolution and reading instruments, and some years earlier a Rift CV1 which was… OK. But back in the 1990’s I got to trial a very early ‘Virtuality’ VR set-up where you had to stand on a platform in a sensor ring while wearing a helmet. Clunky, and it had very early 3D graphics, but it was a glimpse of the future!

The longer it takes the G2 to arrive, the lower the GPU prices will be for the inevitable upgrade I will need for my 1060 (although it is coping very well with MSFS at 1080p, I must say!). Running at half-res apparently isn’t too bad on the G2, so I hold out a little hope! :wink: But I thought I’d wait until I had the headset before looking at a new GPU. Rome wasn’t built in a day :grinning:

Sounds promising that the VR beta entry might be fairly swift once a headset is attached for the dxdiag. We’ll see in a couple of weeks, but if not I’m sure I will have plenty to explore in VR without MSFS :+1:

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I was invited, then on Monday said “You’re cleared for take-off.” I couldn’t access the VR Beta forums (and still cannot) and I can’t launch VR once in app.

Have you created a PM per the instructions above?