VR Beta Testing Apply Now!

From the last Q@A, they will add other device then HP, not confirmed which one yet.

7 Likes

I hope they keep the beta testing team for all future patches as well, and not just the VR patch.

They said yes, but they need to do a new system.

it’s the Vr, I tested it on x-plane, but unfortunately, we don’t have and never will have I think the machines to take advantage of it, besides the framing, which makes the image ugly, they work at 90 HZ or maybe even more now, that even an rtx 3080 can’t run a game at 90 FPS in ultra, I don’t find any interest in it, especially on MFs, since it’s only interest today is the visual, for me no interest at all, because we’ll never be able to make it run in ultra at 90 FPS to match the frequency, and avoid problems of nausea and eye popping.

I’m so out of touch with VR. What kind of headset and computer specs do you think is necessary for a decent experience in MSFS?

1 Like

I also play on VR with a Reverb on X-Plane and 30fps is more than enough to have a great experience. Of course the sim will need more optimizations or we need to play in a lower graphic settings, but even this the imersion with VR is 100% better than a flat 2D monitor.

2 Likes

That is awesome!

I have been flying Poor Mans VR with MSFS 2020 (2D with my HP reverb and it has been amazing) But I am truly excited for this.

1 Like

I VOLUNTEER!

please post my complimentary Oculus Quest to the following address…

If the Steam VR headset was compatible, I’d definitely get that and finally buy Half Life Alyx as well.

1 Like

Have VR, multiple headsets, was hoping for VR in MS but after the dumpster fire patches and botched launches no way am I beta testing that thing.

You don’t know what method Asobo are using for VR for any of this to be valid.
90 FPS was never necessary for a solid VR flight experience.
Also Asobo have already stated smooth great looking but medium settings will be the ideal goal of VR.
Your post makes no sense and is totally false information.
Thank God they are doing HMD verification for this VR Beta test, so we can weed rhetoric like this out of the way. People put out entirely too much false information about VR from inexperience and just downright not even owning VR.
I’m glad you aren’t interested in it any longer, this will make for much better and accurate beta testing and feedback.

1 Like

what can I say, except that you haven’t understood anything about how computers work… it’s like having a 144Hz screen in 4K and not having today any graphics card that can use it with today’s games, just being able to enjoy it with 10 years old games, after that, test the experience with mini graphics to have 90 FPS, and you’ll see that with 30 FPS there’s a problem. Now think what you want, if you are satisfied with 30 FPS in very low RV quality, good for you, I’m happy for you. I wish you good flights in FMS in VR low quality graphics.

Horrible comparison and no you really don’t get it.
Makes ZERO sense.
Lets not go any further

1 Like

I hope they are going to be able to remove every possible reason to remove the headset, including to type on your physical keyboard or view things like Simbrief and other websites for example.

I’m currently having to switch off VR in XP, to use BetterPushback, and then switch it back on again and that is a real pain in the proverbial.

If only they could find a way to block out my wife’s requests for me to come do some housework, when I’m just about to land. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl:
I feel that! The wife pop outs of no where and taps me on the shoulder while im fully immersed in the HMD and scares the ■■■■ outta me everytime.
What a pity the LeapMotion Hand Tracking tech is now pretty dead and discontinued.
As it worked great for me along with my hardware setup hotkeys to never have to remove the HMD.
Who knows maybe the devs will create something better somehow.

Thank you, you made me come to my senses! Thanks again, I was completely rambling.

I cannot login to apply.
Landing at following address by pressing login:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/?autherror=xbla_invalid

Any Idea to help?

go to xbox.com. Login with your credential without selecting staying logged in. sign out. Now go to www.flightsimulator.com and login again
Good luck

Thanks it worked.
Absolutely ridiculous one has to do this though, not surprised :expressionless:

Unfortunately it didn’t work in my case :frowning: