VR Bugs in SU12

Anyone else seeing weird stuff like a stretched, distorted copy of any panel you have open (like the VFR map) while your head is at a certain angle (kind of diagonal-left)?

Also, when I have name tags on I see a tiny, indecipherable block of writing hovering outside my left window constantly.

Also, the airport symbols in the VFR map are HUGE and don’t scale with zoom.

Unrelated to VR, I’ve had 3 planes (mods of the Cessna and xcub) where the avionics simply go black after a few minutes and there’s no way to turn them back on. This happened with the GNS530 and G3X.

Not a good start for SU12, jeebus…

EDIT: Disabling shift-z stats (fps counter) got rid of the distorted panel and floating text weirdness

1 Like

Yes, looks like scaling in VR panels got broken again.

2 Likes

My biggest complaint with this release in VR is an apparent regression with the retro-projection.

My Radeon 6800 XT was super smooth with “Depth” mode in previous release. Now, there’s a lot of wobbly stuff. Not fun. Had to turn it off.

1 Like

No issues at all in VR, nice performance, Toolbar works, scaling is fine.

3 Likes

The addon Shift+Z Stats is causing this issue. Disabling this addon is the solution at the moment.

1 Like

I have noticed this as well. Depth Mode Reprojection worked really well in SU11 but SU12 is a wobbly mess.

Using Reverb G2. It might be a good idea to start a thread detailing this regression with SU12.

Oh really… Thanks, interesting. I noticed it’s no longer working but didn’t think it could be responsible for the issues

Maybe you’re describing this issue, which has already been reported for the very first Beta version of SU12…:

If so, it’d make sense to use this thread and vote there to get Asobo’s attention (well, maybe).

Cheers

I noticed littlenavmap resolution has got so small in vr,
impossible to use even when you zoom in text and icon unreadable

1 Like

hmm thanks, not directly, but could be related. I voted.

I have the same issue with the “Enhanced VFR for VR” map plugin - everything is tiny!

This thread contains various workarounds for the VR toolbar panel super small scaling bug.

It is pretty sad this regression was not taken care of during SU12 beta were it was reported very early on. Moreover, it was not even mentioned in yesterday’s Q&A and there is no indication when it will be taken care of.

Now, all VR addon developers, payware and freeware alike, look for workarounds to restore at least base functionality of their apps. :cry:

1 Like

Glad it wasn’t just me then! I’m on the very borderline in performance/visuals in VR and thought I’d mucked up again.
I rely so much on LNM that this is a bit serious for me. Not sure I can carry on in VR until I get an upgraded GPU. My RTX3060 isn’t really up to it.

There just was released a new version of LNM VR on flightsim.to today. I didn’t find time to test it myself but the Changelog states it does work with SU12.

Same here.
For me VR is working just fine. Just did a 1h flight in the PMDG 737, without any issues.
Only ATC acted up a bit, but then - it always has…

The only thing I noticed was very small font in Navigraph Map, but I just increased font size in settings and all was good. The other windows (like ATC) looked normal.

1 Like

This issue happens to me when I accidently leave the starter knob on my Honeycomb Alpha in the START position.

The native toolbar apps including ATC, VR Map etc. are all fine. It’s the 3rd party addons (payware + freeware) suffering and being forced to find workarounds.

Hmmh thanks. I don’t have any hardware that controls that starter but will keep an eye on it. Never had this issue before SU12

Native VR map?? Or you mean VFR?

Also, can’t confirm this, the native stock VFR Map has huge airport symbols (unless that was also caused by shift-z - haven’t checked that since uninstall g it)