VR DirectX12. Reload VR it will not work anymore

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

VR lag when you activate it the second time with DX12

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Easy. Use DX12. Activate VR in your plane. Desactivate it and reactivate it. The VR will not work well after this: very important lag

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9 9900 GTX1080

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Su10

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Ok so, first off Directx12 is still in Beta, which means it’s not the full stable version.

DirectX 12 was announced by Microsoft at GDC on March 20, 2014, and was officially launched alongside Windows 10 on July 29, 2015,
this means it’s been out and been Beta for around 9 years…
This otta tell you something.

When a directx12 has been beta for 9 years this tells you that this performance driver something they are hoping to be a wonder driver, how ever, wishful thinking.
its’ a great concept, how ever they can’t get it just right and get it to be stable, they been at it for 9 years.

they are trying to achieve performance by via software that actually requires beefy and stong hardware, you can’t substitute great hardware with wonder software.
this is what they are trying to do, how ever the reality is, you can’t get high smooth FPS from a hungry game or software without the hardware that can handle it.

So they try it with directx12 and well it does give you better performance because how it does this is use massive amounts of RAM to try and get your CPU to take some of the load off the Graphics card.

How ever what you get is an unstable software (Directx12)
Unstable and you get strange effects because of it.
what i suggest is get better computer parts such as memory motherboard CPU and graphics card, these are the key elements to get a great gaming experience.
With out glitches and crazy effects and even crashes…

In Short, Directx12 is beta it doesn’t quite work very well and it’s been Beta for over 9 years and this tells you they can’t j just get it quite right yet, and probably never will, if they been at this for 9 years than this is a wash.
having software in beta for 9 years is totally ridiculous, Directx11 was in beta only 2 years.

it’s stable much better, No you can’t get the frame rates with directx11 as you do with directx12 but, the cost in using directx12 is high, you get crashes, graphics glitches and it doesn’t work very well.

In fact even when it’s working at its best you can still see subtle tearing and glitches for a fraction of a second…
When it does happen you have to look hard for it but it’s still there even when it’s working at it’s best…
so in Sort, get a better computer and use directx11 and be happy…

because your not going to get what i think your expecting out of directx12, it’s not going to happen hasn’t happen in 9 years it will not happen in another 9 years…
This is the reality of it…

I put a lot of money into my system, because i want a great gaming experience…
This is my setup and yes i paid a ton of money for it, but it never fails me, there is nothing out there in games that i can run at it’s highest settings…
In MSFS 2020 i got everything turned up and i’m getting over 120fps on average, i never seen it go below 95 FPS and if it did it was for a couple seconds…

This is the gear i’m using, and you can get it fairly cheap, yes the mother board is very expensive up you get more out of your CPU and memory with it,
What Good does it do to spend tons of money on good memory and CPU if the motherbaord is a cheap $200.00 motherboard…
If you get this setup you will be pleased and using MSFS 2020 at unreal frame rates, and NO crashes and glitches…

MSI MEG Z790 GODLIKE LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR5 Extended ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i9-13900KS Desktop Processor 24 cores (8 P + 16 E) 36MB Cache, up to 6.0 GHz
https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-13900KS-Desktop-Processor-P-cores/dp/B0BPXCRWB2/ref=asc_df_B0BPXCRWB2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=644630458297&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14998323565806857893&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012329&hvtargid=pla-1944565454099&psc=1&mcid=eec4aa3f81b33a12a95f14fd73f123ba

VENGEANCE® 192GB (4x48GB) DDR5 DRAM 5200MT/s CL38 Memory Kit — Black

Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 NVMe Gen4 Gaming TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 4.0, 24GB GDDR6X, HDMI 2.1a, DisplayPort 1.4a) ROG-STRIX-RTX4090-O24G-GAMING

I think you are confused. DirectX12 itself is not in Beta. It’s only the DirectX12 support within Flight Simulator 2020 that is still in Beta.

Nope Directx12 is still in beta

It’s not the default Dx yet, that is why Dx11 is still available as an option because that is the official dx release NOT Dx12.
you don’t see dx10 available as an option in anything after dx11 was official release do you? NO

read them below one of them on this forum, it’s till BETA

You keep confusing DirectX 12 itself, which is a Microsoft product distributed with Windows that has been officially released in 2015 and the Beta support for that product within games.

It is the code required in games to take advantage of Microsoft’s DirectX 12 product that may or may not be in Beta. Apex Legends and MSFS happen to only have Beta support for DX12 while many other games have full, officially released support for it.

2 Likes