[VR] Sound not working after jumping out of VR

Have been experiencing the same issue. Using MS Store version and Reverb G2 headset. Start game in 2d sounds working. Switch to VR for takeoff (CTR TAB) sound switches to headset ok. Switch out of headset to 2D mode and sound is off. Try switching back to VR and sound remains off and unable to gain back any sound.

Same here.

So frustrating as I like to switch out of VR during the cruise. Didnā€™t have this problem before SU8. I am getting very tired of the whack-a-mole bug fixing with these updates :frowning:

2 Likes

Just tried this workaround and it worked for me too.

I had found a similar workaround by alt-tabbing out of VR, leaving the mixed reality portal open and going into the options and forcing the sound output to go via my monitor speakers. But then I would have to change the sound output back when I returned to VR so your solution saves me a step - thanks.

Thought this bug might have been fixed after sim update 9. But it hasnā€™t and still having to use a work around.

1 Like

Also wanted to give a heads up:

Iā€™ve made several succesful flights with @jminz91 workaround. It is working for me.

Regards
Sumner

I also have this issue. Just want to bring it up again. Didnt tried the workaround yet.

And its me again. As of recently the workaround of @jminz91 is not working anymore. Even when changing between VR and 2d in menu the sound stops working. Very frustrating.

How can this still be a thing??? @jminz91 ā€œworkaroundā€ did not work for me. This is so annoying.
2 things to fix -
first - Mixed reality portal making the sim extremely heavy when exiting VR (hence the need to close it) and
second - losing sound when closing MRP

Yea itā€™s still a thing. I think it happens when Steam (in my case using Steam version) hangs up the VR part when you put the headset down. At least thatā€™s what has happened to me several times now. When you jump out of the game Steamā€™s VR ā€œHomeā€ is wigging out completely. Shutting down and restarting Steam VR doesnā€™t help. I think itā€™s because the game is still hanging on to it somehow. Even with all VR apps shut down and away, Steam still says VR next to the game as if it thinks itā€™s still there. Shutting down and restarting the game fixes the issue.

Same here! Happened to me in SU11
@Jummivana: Can you guys reproduce this error above?

1 Like

Good evening all:

Just a brief update on how I keep this issue at bay at the moment:

In sound settings, instead of the default option (system device or something similar) I directly chose the corresponging output device for my sound boxes, i.e. realtek.

Now, when Iā€™m launching VR the first time, I make sure Iā€™m in the options menu. The first time audio still changes over to my index, however, the setting remains with the initial option, i.e. realtek. I then manually select the VR headset as output device. Before leaving VR at a later time I manually switch back to an alternate sound output, i.e. realtek again.

While I have a lot of menu jumping to do, at least Iā€™m able to fly all distances and still perform take-offs and landings in VR.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Sumner

This item has been reproduced and turned into an official bug report internally. This topic is now updated with the #bug-logged tag. From here, Asobo prioritizes the bug, works on a fix, and slates it for a future update.

6 Likes

I think Iā€™m having the same issue but I want to be specificā€¦I get all other sound through my VR headset just fine with the exception of ATC audio. Iā€™ve had this issue even without going to 2d mode. Upon starting a flight there is no ATC audio in my quest 2 even though I have it set to that in the menu options. I dont think its system performance related, Iā€™m running an i9 with 32gb ram, rx6700.

Same problem here. Sometimes when I jump out of VR, the Sound doesnt switch back to desktop speakers. That wouldnĀ“t be much of an issue but till now I couldnĀ“t find any solution to recover the sound. This is really bad when in midflight. Hope Aobo will fix this soon. LetĀ“s hope.

Thats been an ongoing issue since SU9 or 10

installing voicemeeter did the trick for me. reroutes youre sound. freeware. higly recommended.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! Iā€™ve downloaded voicemeter, but itā€™s pretty complicated. Could you please share any details on what you did exactly to prevent this bug to appear?

first I check you tube how to use this app. I use it with the buttkicker.
you can assign the sound of youre computer to this device and then reroute the sound to the right destination. with this I solved the problem.
Not so easy to explain per mail.
sorry for thatā€¦

Apparently fixed in the SU12 Beta. Go test it out!

Same here also, SU11 and G2 :frowning: