VRinsight MCP Combo

I hope someone works out a way to be able to connect the VRinsight MCP Combo (Boeing) to MSFS2020.
Anyone else have one of these collecting dust?

2 Likes

Yes, I have version 1 of the MCP Combo. I wrote the manufacturer and asked about it. Got reply saying that it depends on the SDK and would need compatibility confirmation after release. I told them where they could now find the SDK (forums.flightsimulator.com|t|how-to-getting-started-with-the-sdk-dev-mode|123241 - replace | with /).

If you also have the version 1 please write them as well (go to vrinsight dot com) so that they know that there are many people here wanting to use the devices.

1 Like

Okay, will do :slight_smile: thanks
FYI - I have V2

Yo tambien soy propietario, les acabo de poner un correo pidiendo alguna soluciĆ³n

Un saludo

English pleaseā€¦!

For those interested, LINDA have released a version that works with MSFS2020 & FSUIPC7 beta.
I havent tested yet, but it seems that we can now connect our VRinsight MCP Combo :slight_smile:

I have the VRinsight M-Panel working OKā€¦ I did something here about what I did and a video here showing it working.

There are ā€œmodulesā€ for other panels so you should be able to get it working OK

See the little globe in his post? Click it and magic happens.

Hello.

I have a VRInsight MCP 1. I have not been able to get it functioning. There are some folks out there who the MCP 1 is working for. I have FSUIPC7 registered and it detects the MCP, but I cannot assign functions to buttons and knobs. Strangely, VRIsim and SerialFP2 do not detect my device. Frustrating. Thing makes a nice night light!

Hi

I am using the VRinsight Airbus FCU - just wondering how/if you guys are having an issue with the frequency setting. I can only get 2 digits and not the needed 3 (after the comma - say 108.825)
Kind of makes that part unusableā€¦ Unless you know a way around it

This is what I did to make it work: VR insight M-Panel working in MSFS2020 - #49 by SimFlight2020

Just add VRiSim.exe to FSUIPC autolaunch section so itĀ“s loaded when being at the MSFS main menu.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi. I just added one extra thing to the previous thread. For those willing to remap the VRInsight devices as regular joysticks with FSUIPC you need to add the following block to FSUIPC.ini:

[VRInsight]
1=COM3,COM4

Where COM3 shall be the physical COM port used by your device (you can check it at the VRInsight software) and the other one is just a virtual one that will be used by FSUIPC. Add as many lines as devices you want to remap, but all must contain a pair of COM ports.

This will disable the usage of VRInsight profiles as the device will not be detected by VRInsight software. If you still want to use those profiles then you canĀ“t use this method.

Cheers

Hi, did you manage to make it work after all? vrinstight MCP2 in MSFS2020?

thanks!

I did get it going but stopped using it last year as I fly in VR most of the time.