WA/Seattle Area

Howdy all…finally getting much more comfortable in the sim…have my panels setup from Logitech and now thinking about trying to find a buddy or 2 to try some group flights. Open to diff aircraft. I have been doing lots of boeing flights, longest was Seattle to Frankfurt. Love to fly the local area and search for the winds in North Bend/Snoqualmie area and recently looking for the smoke in the area as well. If interested in trying a buddy flight let me know

If you’re a regular flyer in the PNW, check out my scenery upgrades on flightsim.to. I’ve updated some specific airports with hand modeled assets like Paine and Boeing Field, and made some general improvements to terrain/water/foliage. I have 28 packages that cover WA, OR and ID.

2 Likes

Hello PNW flyer. Im up in Abbotsford, just picked up the Carenado Mooney Ovation M20R, can give you some nice scenery up here in BC if you like, “eh?” lol. BCsimPilot on xbox

FreakyD’s stuff is a must for the Seattle area and the PNW in general. His scenery updates for the horrific Paine and Boeing Fields included in the stock sim are fantastic.

If you’re flying around the Snoqualmie Valley and you want to try some STOL work, I fixed the broken Majerle STOLport just north of Duvall.

I’d love to do a group flight sometime! Friend me on XBL (EDITER) and pop me a quick message that you’re an MSFS flier. Or I’m Editer on Discord as well.

I fly in the greater Seattle area daily. Mostly GA some WWII stuff.

If anyone is looking for laugh (or a challenge?) check out 74S (Anacortes, WA). WU10 did a number on that place. Spawn cold and dark and hang on for dear life, or try an extreme take off or landing challenge there :scream:

Too bad Xbox doesn’t get anything from @FREAKYD777. I suppose that’s not really in the cards for you? I often fly out of KBFI or KPAE and would love a scenery update there. KRNT from Drzewiecki actually works great for me, and is one of my favorites in the region (considering the limited options in the marketplace for Xbox).

Anyway, if others would like to share their nice, weird, beautiful and/or challenging areas in the PNW I’m all ears. @BCsimPilot what you got up there in BC?

SU11 or 12 is supposed to bring the Scenery Gateway, which will allow community contributions to the sim. Hopefully at that point, FreakyD and others can bring their WA sceneries to Xbox users as well. (And a huge community of PC users who haven’t discovered, or don’t want to hassle with, Flightsim.to.)

Specifically, scary, nice or terrifying? Id say I have no idea. Im still working on getting this navigation thing. I have to watch some videos and figure out the buttons for everything first. Ive stayed mostly nearby in the lower mainland region of Vancouver. Happy helicopters are coming though. I want to visit the places our local heli school goes to with its students. In fact, they have the Guimbal Cabri’s that were used for modelling the cabri in Xplane 11. Ill check out the spots you mentioned here. Cheers. Steve

I’m actually in your neck of the woods (North Seattle/Phinney area)

I fly a lot around the PNW, occassionally flying to KPDX, KGEG and when VATSIM has an event it’s wherever their FNO takes me.

This is my baby…

2 Likes

Hello. Wow, great setup. I’m in Juneau, Alaska. On XBox s. Fly the A 320 Airbus. Name is Rich, retired. Add me if you like.

Rich

That setup is amazing! Any seattle area peeps up for a flight this weekend if we can make it work on times?

Im up in Abbotsford, BC. Mostly flying the region, sometimes cross country around BC because Ive not seen most of my own home. Have been flying more southward into the San Jaun Islands also. Just got a Mooney Oveation M20R. Lovin it. Would love to fly Alaska too! Steve

hey guys! I’m in Issaquah, about 15 mins east of Seattle. I’ve been dying to find some friends to fly with and it would be specially cool if they were here too since I like flying locally quite a bit. I’d love to join any of you guys sometime! Please let me know if you’re interested!

1 Like

unnamed

Here is my setup btw. :slight_smile: not the fanciest, but it works!

1 Like

Yes! i am in north bend and love to fly up this way when the winds are ripping! Let me know a good way to get in touch! We can do something maybe am tomorrow?

Woodinville here. Would be happy to fly with some PNW folks.

Mt Vernon/Anacortes. My home field is KBVS. Would love to fly the area with others. Do you a Discord Server for comms? My Discord @Glider#1976

Puyallup, WA here. GA and helicopters are typically what I am flying though I do the occasional airliner flight with the PMDG 737. Would be cool to do some multiplayer flights with locals in the PNW.

Discord is RoughLandings#0514
Microsoft ID is RoughLandings

1 Like

Killer setup! Im in vancouver area, but if you throw me your tag name, I’ll keep a look out for you when Im down in the area! BCsimPilot. I will fly at you or wiggle my wings…if I remember to lol.

Lower Vancouver island here, but am an American transplant who’s lived in Seattle and trained in a c152 irl at Harvey field/S43. I’m up for a casual PNW group flight if anyone else is up for it. I have a few mountain scud running routes made up that I think would work well if anyone here’s up for it.

MS ID: cloudserph1

I fly the Pacific Northwest as well. BTW, where are all the multiplayers? I haven’t seen anyone in months.