Wake turbulence

Need wake turbulence from other aircraft.

As far as I can see this isn’t simulated.

9 Likes

Any pilot who knowingly flys into wake turbulance isn’t a pilot I want to be flying with.

7 Likes

Whilst I agree, those who do should be punished…

11 Likes

Well I figured my post would attract this kind of response.

To let you know I have real world flight hours and never done this but if the physics are meant to be top notch I would expect this to be part of the physics system. So this is a simulation of physics thing and not a flying into an aircraft wake thing.

You’re quick to judge sir.

6 Likes

No-one judges - it was just a general observation.
Don’t think anyone said this should not be implemented! Do the whole community a favor and submit a zendesk ticket - some (like the two of us probably) didn’t even try it as it didn’t cross our minds!

1 Like

Sure but if someone wants to do this in their sim they paid for then it’s not up to the judgy souls to tell them what they should do in the comforts of their own house.

1 Like

No need to get itsy please about what we should and should not able to do. I’m with you there if you read above.
There is case to be made about unintentionally landing too or taking off too early and it should be modeled if it’s not.

I always post tickets. You’re assuming I didn’t. And yes, the judgement is obviously clear.

If you were joking then haha.

1 Like

Ok, we’re gonna be a bit rude here I see, when I intended no such thing. Power to you.

I get ya, I’m never sure about whether someone is being sarcastic or not. However, no dramas.

1 Like

All or nothing with the physics I think. Especially if you are a training pilot and want to see the effects of something like wake turbulence rather than finding out theoretically then getting into trouble IRL because you weren’t completely sure what to expect.

2 Likes

Nobody said knowingly flying into it except you. Your comment is pointless.

2 Likes

Going a bit off-topic, just how well we understand it in real world? We know what it’s caused by, but can it be easily-ish and predictably modeled? What if you take available surfaces and their limits in MSFS? Probably going off on a tangent here, just thinking out loud.

Not being rude at all. You said post a ticket and I said I always do. You did say those who fly into wake turb should be punished so your comment was taken literally, if you meant something else I would have expected an emoji or something.

1 Like

No, I meant it literally. Someone willingly flying into wake should be shaken and stirred. Nothing wrong with that? I was replying to a first reply, but I did not discount your raised issue in any way.

Look - we know what there forums descent into - I’m not here to argue with you for the sake of it. Friends?

1 Like

Well xplane depicts this so the code is possible

2 Likes

Apparently you’ve never flown a glider while being towed by an aircraft.
Apparently you have never flown into a busy airport with lots of traffic.
Apparently you have never done aerobatics (or even steep turns)
Apparently you have never done any formation flying.

Btw, DCS does simulate wake turbulence.

12 Likes

They will certainly be shaken and stirred then dumped.

1 Like

I don’t dislike you. I don’t lose sleep over this sort of banter.

1 Like

Ok - lemme try again - we know flight model for MSFS is borrowed from FSX to some extent. Did that do wake well? Hence my question - how is it modeled in real world? I’m genuinely curious. I just don’t think there are enough defined flight surfaces in MSFS. I am actually eager for someone to tell otherwise. But what I gather it might not even be possible to do it well as to how things are

1 Like