Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

I have 25-30 fps with an RTX 4070 TI and it keeps happening.

1 Like

For many people the sim is completely broken. No matter what I do, nothing works. Under DX 12 it always crashes on the loading screen. And under DX 11 in flight at some point. I have to hope for MSFS 2024. It started when the X-Box versions came out and that was the end.

already this is strange… How many users have this issue of a crash in loading screen with dx12 ? I assume there are some rare users which get this kind of problems and may be these are the same users which run into some other strange issues, like getting the error popup.

Dont understand me wrong. I not defend MSFS , its only the “view” I get from the reports and these points to system problems ( similar where BlueYellow former mentioned that reduce the max-fps a little bit and the problem was nearly gone for him. And so I not wonder that the issue comes back in long-time flights if the hardware is under load ).
( note: the former case where the nvidia driver caused the issue, is for me also kind of system issue and not game issue )

And MSFS2024… that will be the same application… just with features we expected already for free in MSFS2020, at least how it was promised. So, I guess if you not fixed the issue on your system till that, then you get same issues in 2024. Possible is of course allways, that all of this is still caused by the worst drivers, OS, game bug, or others, and you get a fix as a part of a magic update of somewhat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi everyone, I told you about the problem with my video card which, although modest, gave me complete satisfaction until November 2022. Still this problem returning to the main menu and this famous message “your video card has a problem…etc. .”. I tried all the things that some of you recommended, low resolution, underclocking, removal of cash but to no avail. the problem comes from the access delay to the nvlddmkm system file but here is what I found: the solution is to use Tdr Manipulator and increase all the delays and not only that of Tdrdelay in the registry, attached the screen photo of my settings with Tdr Manipulator and for 5 days I no longer have any problems. please try it yourself and tell me what it does for you. Try https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/TDR-Manipulator-V12-Released

1 Like

I will test it !

Didn’t read whole thread I have to admit…
But never get this problem in-flight.
But I get it when I update stuff from the Content Manager and the DL has finished → “Gfx problem” → CTD.

4080, latest driver (same problem with earlier drivers), DX12, 7900dx3.

Hi everyone, I told you about the problem with my video card which, although modest, gave me complete satisfaction until November 2022. Still this problem returning to the main menu and this famous message “your video card has a problem…etc. .”. I tried all the things that some of you recommended, low resolution, underclocking, removal of cash but to no avail. the problem comes from the access delay to the nvlddmkm system file but here is what I found: the solution is to use Tdr Manipulator and increase all the delays and not only that of Tdrdelay in the registry, attached the screen photo of my settings with Tdr Manipulator and for 5 days I no longer have any problems. please try it yourself and tell me what it does for you. Try https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/TDR-Manipulator-

W10, DX11, GeForce GTX950M, setting Medium

1 Like

That is a very interestig tool! Thanks for sgaring, @CorpsCoureur492 !
d it help preventing from the DX12 error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (0x887a0006)?
I am using now dirver version 528.49, which did not crash with DX12 and frame-generation since yestrerday.

Do I understand it correctly:
“This will have either 2 effects :
1- You will be happy and no more TDR.
2- System Freeze / hang.”

means: It will protect from thoese CDT, but also could cause freezes?

Why is this topic marked as “solved” ???
Where do I find the solution?

1 Like

yes, correct, I haven’t had this error at all for 8 days now. I sometimes had freezes of 1 to 2 seconds. I upgraded to DX12 without problem. For a very fluid image I had to choose low quality and 1900x600 screen resolution which is very sufficient, due to my GTX950 card. Driver 546.01. I tested stressful situations such as returning to the menu mid-flight, changing planes or continents, changing time, activating or deactivating the real weather, and it works perfectly. I was looking for 1 year and no solution from the forum worked and Microsoft considered the problem solved with NVIDIA… I am very happy to have found this

Hi!, are you using msi afterbuner or any apps? or only just the TDR Manipulator?

Only TDR Manipulator

1 Like

Sad still doesn’t fixes mine, still getting this error
Annotation 2023-11-21 110639

2 Likes

Hi, I’m sorry this solution didn’t solve your problem. But it’s not the same error, mine was 0x887a0006 and not …0005. My error was that the nvlddmkm system file was not responding. You should look on the Windows event viewer for the error that immediately precedes the FS2020 crash and do an internet search on this problem, perhaps due to overclocking or MSI or too heavy texture adjustment. Maybe keep me informed.

1 Like

Just a note: I was able to create this error adjusting RAM timings to the point Memtest86 failed but everything else seemed to work fine.

I was able to play other games and benchmark with other software, only MSFS after about 45 minutes and MemTest seemed affected.

Under or overclock?

RAM timings are kinda neither but in that it’s an attempt to increase efficiency via timing I’ll call it overclocking but “clock speeds” were not adjusted to create the fault.

True, I was just asking if you had increased or reduced the timings. The long standing advice is to reduce or completely eliminate all overlcocks, so running memory at stock values would be included in that.

That said, I have been running my system with an XMP profile since day one, and it hasn’t caused any issues. It’s also not very aggressive. :slight_smile:

For me the same, The TDR tool does not help for the
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (0x887a0006)
error.
I tried

• the latest driver 546.17
  • 526.98 (recommended by Microsoft for this problem)

HAGS on and off.
Crash, crash, crash with DX12

Nothing helps.
Annoying. For what did I spend more than 2.000,- for a DX12 graphics Card?
NO FRAME GENERATION POSSIBLE!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m on AMD with EXPO timings and … it gets involved as to what is “stock” I guess is the best way to put it.

1 Like