Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

Vram obviously

This began yesterday for me and Iā€™ve not been able to fly since as it crashes to desktop or freezes. Iā€™ve checked drivers and it even happens in safe mode.

ahh you are talking about the overclocking, got you.

The release notes for the beta mention it

you are talking about overclocking or WDDM?

I am talking about the reasons for the CTD and message it brings. I donā€™t believe it is a driver issue per se although a fix might actually come in the form of one.

ahh ok, i was first thinking the error is either in the driver or the sim, but now when Nvidia released 2 updated driver versions, its obviously the sim, which means we need a real patch fixes the sim dealing with the graphics cards.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s no easy task syncing data from multiple sources for multiple combinations of hardware as a continuous process for thousands of users in real time without pause.

i dont think its in that way, fixing a programming error will fix the issue in all the hardwares all @ once.

anyways since we are not developers, we cant tell, but to wait. LOL

1 Like

Has anyone tried the SU11 beta to see if the problem is still there?

Iā€™ve been holding off on this because of crash reports after installing the beta.

1 Like

same, maybe its due to some update

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have spent considerable time sifting through all the latest recommendations for configuring MSFS since the release of SU10. Since then there have also been later releases to Win 10/11 as well as GPU driver updates.
Let me state first and foremost. I donā€™t care about pushing FPS beyond 30. My goal is to completely eliminate the stutters, jitters, and CTDs.

Despite my running counter to several recommendations elsewhere, I have found that in my system today, turning both Gaming Mode and Hardware Acceleration ā€œONā€ are VERY beneficial in eliminating even the slightest jitteriness. I donā€™t know why and I donā€™t really care - maybe because I am also running DX12 for the first time. Iā€™ve had them both off for most of the past 2 years. All I know is that in my system, below, it performs much smoother with them turned on.
My system (no overclocking):
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-12700K 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ā€Ž10/ā€Ž5/ā€Ž2022
OS build 22621.674
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0
GPU RTX 3070, 8GB

My settings:

2 Likes

There is one thing i think could help locating the source of this issue.

when i experienced this issue for the first time when the SU10 update installer was installing one of the downloaded packages, i knew this would be an issue.

i looked for other users who experienced the issue while in the installation process, and found that many have encountered that too.

if that was not random, maybe the package that the error appears along with it when installing it, is the package of the update that causes this issue.

but if that is random, we cant tell, & the locating will be complex, since the sim can be really seems stable for a while, and crashes in certain non expected other times.

1 Like

Got this error for the very first time today. Nothing has changed in the sim for me, I havenā€™t added anything and all my settings are the same. I noticed there was a small MSFS update via Steam, but thatā€™s it. How annoying :confused: .

This happened to me two times in a row today.

The first was with nVidiaā€™s studio drivers (i always use these without issue). I began taxiing when the game crashed. Then, I switched to the game-ready drivers and tried again. This time I managed to get to about 12,000ft and the game crashed again. The weather was cloudy and raining each time.

This messaged popped up each time with no other information. You can imagine the frustration of setting up an aircraft from cold and dark, TWICE.

Nothing with my computer has changed in weeks. I was flying the PMDG 737-600 with itā€™s 10-12-22 update.

lololol

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Same error as OP.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Despite the fact Iā€™m using a Vega 64 , I still got the same error.

Are you using DX12?

Yes . On DX11 no error.

Are you using DLSS?

No.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

No overclock on the GPU, lasted driver. Temps are fine.
Windows 10h22 fully updated.

server-side problem on the simulator?

IMHO, that has to be high on the list of probable factors, but itā€™s probably not the only one, as the client code should certainly not crash to desktop as a result of a server issue.

I suppose itā€™s possible, however unlikely, that the system is designed to download something that actually amends the client code and this process is failing, but more likely the client code is just not handling server delays or read errors properly.