Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

WDDM driver has no direct relation with non windows system graphic processing, & for the record, iam using the latest nvidia driver and i have no issue with WDDM power usage in idle state.

I got this message after turning on ā€œhardware accelerated gpu schedulingā€. Stopped after turning it off again.

2 Likes

FYI I am on latest driver and also have hardware accelerated gpu scheduling enable and not getting any high GPU usage and havenā€™t crashed since setting to DX12 and DLSS on for my 3070FE.

I did get the error early on after the update but it went away, most likely when I change my setting back to DX12. Got it while in VR mode.

I revert the version of the drive to 517.48 (nvidea) and now is running very well.

I have started getting this message, the sim normally crashes every 3rd flight or so. I am running the latest graphic drivers and latest version of the sim. RTX2060 Super. PC is definitely not overclocked or running at a high temp. Vents are clear of dust. Hope it is sorted soon.

People having this issue (I have it twice and not anymore I donā€™t know why) should really try a simpler fix I read here, as it seems IMHO the only logical one: Try to reinstall the graphic drivers right before flying. I mean really just the graphic driver, not all stuffs around it, to keep it quick and clean. So far all people doing this have success unless I missed one post (still possible).
Edit: the logic behind this is MSFS breaking something at driver level. This happen, I test lot of Alpha and Beta apps and it happen.

1 Like

Indeed. I switched to DX12 with new driver . It works!

1 Like

The latest driver seems borderline and unstable for some ā€¦ Some are reporting 517.48 is better.

PS if itā€™s a Super it is IMO already overclocked in the factory by way of itā€™s high boost and memory clocks. However I agree that MSFS should be able to handle it so I think itā€™s mostly a driver issue.

Had this error three flights in a row.
Rolled back to the previous driver (517.48) and just completed a flight with no issues at all.

Before getting back to 517.48 for some, when SU10 launched, some also got back to the driver before 517.48, & the one before. LOL.

it indeed can be driver situation, but not necessary from the driver side, maybe from the sim side dealing with the driver. & the cause maybe not due to a programming error, as some sort of conflicts between well programmed sectors can be a good probability too.

having that said, itā€™s also good to say that trying to connect unconnected things in aim to connect things will result in unconnected things in the end. LOL.

1 Like

I might agree but no matter how many the amount of individual complaints on here are tiny compared to the current userbase. Some hardware/driver conflicts should be expected for every SU and every new driver.

1 Like

its related to the subject we are talking about, we have seen some had problems with the newest driver with the desktop window manager. so rolling back to the pervious driver for them is indeed a solution in this case until nvidia figure out what conflict occurred in these userā€™s end. but this error has nothing to do with MSFS, because desktop window manager and its gpu high usage is a separate error, due to the special function of the windows system process of the desktop window manager.

but the same scenario canā€™t be applied to SU10 CTD, as users are getting it in a large scale of hardwares, so we cant count the two scenarios as a same one. & for this reason, upgrading to the newest driver is better than getting back to the older one, because the newest will limit the incompatibilities if they exist.

Conflicts, Errors, incompatibilities, are always a part from the development process since the early days of introducing windows and softwares running on it.

so if we think we can deal with programs with 0 errors all the time, that would be fiction. LOL.

3 Likes

I donā€™t overclock and I run zero mods. Zero CTDs after the latest SU. Did the driver update from Nvidia and got three back to back CTDs. Currently unusable. Running a 3080RTX. Hope they fix this soon. :frowning:

2 Likes

When I was programming (not games but robots and business software) there was a saying. ā€œIf it works the first time I must have made a mistakeā€

3 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

Game crahes to desktop after taking off with warning window that states: Warning - Your graphics device encountered a problem.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight, and take off.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 64 GB 3600 MHz RAM, ASUS Tuf 3090Ti.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Nice, hhhh

1 Like

It was a very interesting time. The computers I was using were the same ones used to to guide the Apollo missions as well as 50 tonne robots. A long time ago in a land faraway.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the error on a 3090 Ti with 24 GB of ram. Running 64 GB actual RAM in my system. If I am using all the RAM in my system. I have way bigger issues than I am aware of.

1 Like

Genuine & Original (expression). Cheers.

Stay on-topic please. You may take off-topic discussions into a DM. Thank you!

3 Likes