WASM standalone Module causing CTD on launch after World Update 4 patch

Here is a workaround that I tested with MobiFlight (similar one has been published in MobiFlight Discord, but this one uses non-modified wasm files). I was also able to load FSUIPC7_WASM, but was unable to connect to it from FSUIPC7.

• Go to your Packages folder.
  • Pick package and airplane for which you want to use WASM (let say it is community package DA40-NGX, airplane is Asobo_DA40_NG and WASM is MobiFlight StandaloneModule.wasm).
  • Go to Community\<Your Package>\SimObjects\Airplanes\<Your Airplane>\panels, or in our case Community\DA40-NGX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_DA40_NG\panels
  • Copy your WASM file there.
  • Go to Community\<Your Package>\SimObjects\Airplanes\<Your Airplane>. For our example it is Community\DA40-NGX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_DA40_NG.
  • Open panel.cfg file with your favorite text editor (it can be Notepad - I use Visual Studio Code)
  • Find last section [VcockpitX] where X is a number. Add one to X and add following text to the end of the file. If X was 04, then it would be like this:

[Vcockpit05]
size_mm=0,0
pixel_size=0,0
texture=$PFD
background_color=0,0,0
htmlgauge00=WasmInstrument/WasmInstrument.html?wasm_module=StandaloneModule.wasm&wasm_gauge=,0,0,0,0

• Go to Community\<Your Package> (Community\DA40-NGX in example)
  • Copy all necessery files for WASM module corresponding to original folder structure. For MobiFlight, it means create sub folder modules and copy events.txt and events.user.txt there.
  • DO NOT overwrite any existing files!
  • Open layout.json with text editor. Add to the begining of the file:

{
“path”: “SimObjects/Airplanes/<Your Aircraft>/panel/<Your Module>.wasm”,
“size”: <Size of wasm file - get it using Windows File Explorer>,
“date”: <Date stamp - you can copy one of existing dates>
},

• In the example it would be

{
“path”: “SimObjects/Airplanes/Asobo_DA40_NG/panel/StandaloneModule.wasm”,
“size”: 689767,
“date”: 132570109141645933