WB-SIM 172 Classic Mod - pre-release demo - Rnav Approach

June 28, 2023 @ 1700 Eastern – ForderLearntoFly - TWITCH Stream

This Tuesday’s ForderLearnToFly will feature a demonstration of the soon to be released “WB-SIM Near Study level” C172s Steam MOD.

Many of the Mods new features, many simulating the operation of the Real World Cockpit Panel as determined by their real world manuals, will be demonstrated by the developers, during an IFR flight from KDCA , and back to KDCA via the Rnav 01 approach.

Viewers of the Twitch Stream will be welcome to Join in as a Group Flight, or just watch.

A link for the NEW, Free WB-SIM Livery for the C172 Steam will be made at the start of the stream, for those that would like to install it. (or get it now, below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qq1MxQDKWYsfTBI0qF26aLowTERfNVfU/view?usp=sharing

STREAM LINK:

Disclaimer: This DEMO is for Entertainment purpose only, and should not be considered or treated to be any form of real world Instruction.
Those Demoing this MSFS Mod are NOT real world CFI’s are only demoing this MSFS Mod for “ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY”

5 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying my time testing this out over the last several weeks. I’m going to try to join into this group flight if I can make it home from work on time tomorrow.

1 Like

Wow! I didn’t know about this. Where can we get more information?

1 Like

You could check out the VOD (Video On Demand) the ForderlearntoFly Twich stream, that was all about this C172 Mod.

1 Like

Thanks! To my knowledge they haven’t changed anything in regards to the flight model. Any plans for that or are they satisfied with the work from Asobo?

We have a Professional RW Pilot with over 500 hours in C172s, and a good proven ability to make excellent Flight Model mods, working on it, and hope that will be ready and included at Release time.
The current Asobo one is not representative of what we are aiming for , but rather than make random adjustments, we want to do it correctly first time… which is proven to be possible with other planes. (within the limitations of Asobo’s current FP model) -
(we will NOT be building our own external flight model engine )

2 Likes

When you say ‘near study-level’ that includes a wide array of interpretations. Will this mod include maintenance and possible failures like the G36 and the Milviz 310, or will it just have fully functioning switches and flight modeling?

Somewhere “near” both , " near" being a very open and subjective word.

Full details will be made available of exactly what “near” implied with a full Descriptive Specification, available before purchase – so anyone can make up their own minds if the product is what they are looking for – or not.

In the meanwhile , a picture (or Twitch stream is worth 10,000 words)

as well as the confidence to advertise a Twitch stream, that will demo the product, BEFORE it streams.

1 Like

Sure, I understand. And honestly, anything that makes the Classic 172 more flyable, I’m all for.

I tried to watch the twitch stream above but all I got after 15 minutes was a bunch of music and him saying hi to everyone on Discord. Don’t really want to spend 2 hours watching that, just to find out what features it may have when it’s released. I’ll wait for the written feature list (I guess I’m a dinosaur, prefer to read over watch).

Let me put it this way … I am a Private pilot with over 30 year experience flying GA planes.

For me, the Modded Asobo c172 is my go-to-plane, as everything works in it as it should, according to the manufacturer’s manuals. So , at least to me , its “Close to the Real Thing”.

Its not a Motion simulator, I’m not going to smell gas when I check the gas tanks or test the fuel, or get oil on my hands when I fill up the oil, and I’m t going to be paying $1000’s a year for maintenance & parking/ hanger … but its a real as it can be, given the practical limitations of it not be a Multi Million dollar commercial simulator.

4 Likes

Or just wait, and the skim through the VOD, watching the bits that may interest you…

Hold on, its only 4:48pm , the stream starts at 5.00 pm (Eastern USA) !! you must have been watching an old VOD replay of something else … :sunglasses:

Sounds great, looking forward to it.

If I don’t use twitter, is there a way to see the video?

Its a VOD on Twitch … Just use a web browser

7/25/2022 Updated link - old link to Twitch Stream expired

I skimmed through the one with Forder, is that the video you are referencing? Screenshot - 72142268fdbdeda1b92a64699dbc5758 - Gyazo

Yes… an Interesting Video, demonstrating that unexpected things can go wrong in flight, and the pilot’s need to be about to quickly come up with a solution.

The Big “Take Away” I got from the Video, is once again, how easy it is to get distracted, and let the plane get ahead of you … even when it’s a slow C172.

Its one thing to fly a Plane in a Sterile Cockpit … not se easy when you are also Streaming, being the Host, reading and answering questions in text chat, listening to other in Discord, and rushed to make the stream fit into its allocated time length.

That flight you practiced numerous time successfully before the stream, can so easily and quickly fall apart when trying to do it live in a Twitch Stream.

So, “Where do we go from here” ? Maybe back to another Review of the POH and the Pilot Manuals for the equipment in the plane … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll watch more of it, thanks! Been looking for something to fly since I gave up on the Milviz 310, looks like the 172 in anticipation of the mod.

Is it a safe assumption that this mod won’t be release until SU10?

It is ready for release --(and has enjoyed the benefit of an extended, and successful Beta testing period) .

It is just waiting on an expected announcement from Microsoft, that it is within the MSFS licensing rules, to be able to both Modify a Premium plane, as well as sell that Mod as payware.
(not the whole plane – just the additional added mod code, to the existing owned plane).

1 Like

Right, and I thought that was coincidental with the release of SU10. But before would be awesome!