We need a multiplayer voice - chat option

I agree but I also side with Norman999933 when he says that a radio frequency could be used to connect to nearby aircraft but I’d prefer a larger radius to communicate. I wouldn’t want to blackball offense people myself. I’d like the community to have a way of enforcing civility. There are a lot of people in this forum that really don’t want silliness. I put myself in that number. If a longer conversation is desired, we should start a discord channel for flight simulation. The rules could be worked out as we move forward. I also DEFINITIVELY agree with BuffyFoster. This should be a completely separate endeavor and if a radio channel is used to connect to nearby pilots, the default should be to have it off.

1 Like

I’d love just a simple chatbox, just like we had in MS Flight. That was one of the cool things it had.

An audio channel that everyone can jump in on will be a mess in 3 nanoseconds sharp.

Right now all the communication I can do is to wiggle control surfaces to other peeps when I’m on the ground, or to ‘wave’ by rocking the plane back and forth with the ailerons.

Anyway… I hope Asobo will provide something sooner or later.

5 Likes

Hope you understand what you wrote, depended to this topic…

Getting trolls through voice chat is common in every game that allows communication. The option to mute or block people often comes along with it. However, the lack of an ingame system to allow players to talk between each other is irritating.

How am I supposed to ask around if there’s traffic on the runway I plan to land on? Or notify people of this one guy who went afk at the end of a runway? Yeah, we can literally phase through each other, but it ruins the experience. Best way to avoid it now is just common decency and enough sense to know whether you can depart quick enough to not disrupt incoming traffic (especially at airports with one runway)

2 Likes

I see, there are pros and cons of a global chat, or vocal com. But maybe at least a local chat (by geo area), or an easy way to contact someone seen in flight w/o the need to add as a friend? Just to ask their intention, or to do something together, etc…

5 Likes

Yea - Just last night I had someone flying next to me and was wondering if he was just following or trying to formation - could have been fun either way.

2 Likes

Both audio and text chat could be implemented quite nicely.

• For audio, make it optional and add a little speaker icon to the player nameplate to show that you’re willing (and close enough) to chat.

• For text, show my messages to all who are close enough to see my nameplate.

Possibly there should also be a distance setting available to restrict / increase the range of these features.

5 Likes

allo j.aimerais bien un chat pour échanger sur divers sujet de fs2020 car j’au un probleme dans mon simulator et je sais pas comment le résoude merci

1 Like

I would love to have at least a text chat, both formation/proximity based, airport-based, and wide-area based (SoCal, Western USA, Germany etc) like the old Barrens chat in World of Warcraft.

1 Like

As long as it is possible to turn it off and block people so we don’t need to listen to some 14 year old with ADHD writing nazi propaganda in the chat.

3 Likes

I think that it would be useful to resolve some “conflict” situations on busier airports.

While using VATSIM i have had nice encounters with strangers where we both where the only ones in the middle of nowhere. We could communicate via the radio (122.8 is vatsim unicom). It works within a certain proximity so nobody else is ‘disturbed’ when used wisely. Short chat about a landing, the weather…

Would be nice to be able to do that in msfs2020. A implementation would ofc. need some way of muting idiots. Maybe if you get a list of who ‘talked’ on the frequency, and if an idiot then you could by one click mute the idiot.

Works flawlessly on VATSIM using the radio frequencies, but needs a lot of servers and logistics to make it happen.

I am dreaming yes, but could be nice.

MSFS, the first MMO that has no MMO interactions :wink:

1 Like

Am I missing something or is there not a voice chat in game?

If there is not there definitely should be given you will be flying in areas with lots of aircraft unicom should be implemented!

Cheers,

3 Likes

I agree, I think at least Unicomm should be working by default. Having to use a service like discord when it would have been so easy to implement 122.8 makes little sense to me

1 Like

I can already hear the 12 year olds screaming into their microphones

5 Likes

That’s what makes it amazing!

Maybe I’m blind, but from what I can tell, unless you are using VATSIM or something similar… There is no way to talk to other players.

Be it speech or text, it would be nice to interact with people, instead of watching hopelessly at the crowd wondering whats going on. A specific frequency like 122. or 123. or even a chat box would suffice.

10 Likes

This is needed! like the old days.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, Microsoft flight did have a chat option. It would be good for sharing places that you visit etc

1 Like