We need a Hot Fix for yesterday, please Asobo

Problems with MP after WU IV, 18-23 FPS and constant crashes every 1 second

I think what our author is describing is the third party livery problem. This issue has litterally made the multiplayer functionality almost UNPLAYABLE. The problem has been caused by allowing the addition of 3rd planes (and their corresponding liveries). Multiplayer is now impossible, even with me only using MS planes. We fly along, get to almost ANY big airport, and are clobbered with a one hz stutter, all because someone wants to fly their “customized” add on whirlygig jet fighter that they love. That literally ruins it for all of us. We simply MUST have support for not killing the game with 3rd party stuff. I dont care if he looks like he is flying a BONANZA, but right now WE CANT FLY!
Please, fix this quickly, or remove the capability of loading this hoard of outside planes, that the game cant recognize. This is much worse than the WASM problem was even imagined to be. It cant go both ways. Dont tell us its a 3rd party problem, when it affects ALL OF US. Do we keep 3rd party and liveries or NOT?

3 Likes

@CristianoOl No update for me. Where did you download SU IV?

My version is still 1.15.8.0.

There is no Sim Update 4 yet.

World Update 4 = 1.15.7.0

WASM + RTC hotfix = 1.15.8.0

Classic placebo effect…

sim update 4 would be released close to WU5. perhaps may or early june

Some people were relating this issue to a Windows Update, or one related to WU installing a Nvidia Driver?

If you are looking for the most realistic experience from the simulator then the ONLY aircraft you should be sharing the sky with are those presented by LIVE TRAFFIC.

By changing the multiplayer option to “OFF / Group ONLY” you will remove all those other users that are creating the issue. If you want to have other simmers in the air with you then create a group and invite your friends with the rule (FOR NOW AS A WORKAROUND) that only default or shared aircraft / liveries can be used.

Remember, AI Traffic and Multiplayer Traffic is not real world traffic. Truly “hardcore” simmers interested in the most realism the sim can offer should not have those options turned on. There will always be ATC and “idiot” conflicts with any other settings. "Generic, please clear the runway" over and over while you are approach followed by ATC telling you to go around is a result of AI Traffic. Aircraft suddenly spawning on the runway when you are short final is due to, Multiplayer Traffic.

I have many thousands of hours in real world aviation and have not once seen an airplane materialize on the numbers just as I reach minimums.

2 Likes

“Hotfix”? You mean hotbug?

2 Likes

Closing this topic as there is a known issue that has been pushed up to the developers regarding multiplayer and/or liveries with it.

Please contribute here:
[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer Stuttering after world update - Liveries Bug report - Bugs & Issues / Online Services & Activities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thank you!

1 Like