[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer Stuttering after world update - Liveries Bug report

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. X-Cub and liveries

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: In a group flight with a large number of planes (20-30) this evening and the sim is freezing once every second and affects everyone regardless of their computer system. This stuttering continues if you return to the menu, switch servers etc. The stuttering appears to reduce if there are less than six planes visible. If you switch to a server with no one else visible the stuttering stops completely and you can fly normally.

Completely un-usable

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: video here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h3yYKMWdd9iC_J3xJ361uvhHKAjKdjZS/view?usp=sharing

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Fly with more than 6 players visible (close to you) on the same server and watch it happen

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile) i9900k, 2080Ti, 64Gb 3200ram, 4 x 1T m.2 drives

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: Latest Windows and sim updates. Issue found after world update

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version? MS version

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? Not yet

In a group flight with a large number of planes (20-30) this evening and the sim is freezing once every second and affects everyone regardless of their computer system. This stuttering continues if you return to the menu, switch servers etc. The stuttering appears to reduce if there are less than six planes visible. If you switch to a server with no one else visible the stuttering stops completely and you can fly normally.

Completely un-usable

9 Likes

I was in that flight and experienced the same

2 Likes

Same flight. Same problem. I concur, it’s unusable.

2 Likes

+1. Can’t fly with stutters every second

5 Likes

Same here. Pauses when more than a few were on screen at any one time.

1 Like

turn off multiplayer as a temp fix

Have noticed same stutters in my flight two times.
On approach there was a user on the ground (different each time) who’s nick was blinking and he was invisible. There was no plane, only badge with name blinking out each second.
It looks like he was connecting or disconnecting. Blink once a second and game freezes every that second.

It was in two different days, two different aiports, on approach and landing.
Stutters disapears few minutes after i land and moved forward to gates out of that glitched user

Same issue here. This needs a hot fix. Multiplayer is unusable.

4 Likes

I have also experienced this twice now since WU4. When it stutters the FPS drops way down too. When it started happening the first time I turned on debug mode and fps counter to see what it was doing. I had to reload and change servers to fix it. Up down up down up down up down… I was on EU North. Came back tonight landing in KFSO though with some players in the area on NA West and it happened again at the end of my flight.

Something is not right.

1 Like

Not just multiplayer, everything is stuttering. Even in remote parts of the world with non glass cockpit aircraft. This sim is looking great but performing abysmally even on top end hardware across graphics settings. It’s a shame and unless they get it together, people are going to lose interest. This is a beautifully playable and enjoyable experience even at 24fps if it didn’t stutter. Shame. Every time they update it, we look forward with renewed hope only to be treated to honestly amazing visuals but torturous performance.

I get a beautifully smooth experience with even things like rdr2 and cyberpunk 2077 on my system at max ultra settings with RTX on 85+FPS at 3440x1440p and this thing stutters along barely utilizing either CPU or GPU, which is honestly embarrassing. I easily get 30fps and it would be a charm if not for all the stuttering and spluttering, not to mention the insane (in a bad way) load times since this update. It now takes upwards of 6 to 7 minutes to launch and this with the whole sim on a Samsung 970 Evo plus. Slowly I am growing tired of this nonsense. Honestly! CP loads to play in less than 1 minute. Sad.

1 Like

Ok this sounds very bad. I think I will not even update the game and wait for the next update which hopefully will really improve performance for once

1 Like

Same issues here. Stuttering and invisible planes etc etc. It crashes out and once the stuttering starts you need to restart the sim. Disappointed to say the least!

1 Like

Totally agree. Frustrating.

2 Likes

I have the same problem also…This needs fixing ASAP

Didnt they have 300 BETA testers for this???

3 Likes

Mt friends and I last night all had the same issue.

Stuttering with and without multiplayer traffic. It was running smooth before the update and it happens regardless the location. Sad but true

1 Like

Yep, same problem here. default planes in multiplayer have a bit smaller stutters. add on planes like the h135 and the fbw A320 are not usable in multyplayer.
Stuborn as I am, I forced the fbw a320 anyway and “took off” in powerpoint (boring science teacher style) mode from EHRD to EGLL. When 20+ miles away from airport and climbing above about FL150 it went a bit smoother.
While descending below FL20 at English coast stutters came hammering again, and on final aproach at 09L at EGLL powerpoint slides mode was activated again. After smacking the bird on the runway, i closed the flight.
Tried the same thing without multiplayer afterwards, and it was kind of flyable. still small stutters but just small enough to make it kind of land properly.

1 Like

The second post onwards in this thread was moved from General Discussion to #bugs-and-issues:online-services in order for it to become a voteable thread.

Feel free to vote if you are experiencing this issue. I noticed it yesterday for the first time myself since WU4.

Apologies to @Photosbykev for the delay in realising that you had already created a bug report on this issue!

3 Likes

I did some landing practise at Courchevel, and Mageve last night. I had no stuttering at all, but there were only a small handful of us doing the same thing, possibly three other people.

Perhaps this is only triggered when a certain number of players is reached?

The only place I’ve seen performance degradation is over Paris, but I expect that to improve once the interest dies down, and people fly elsewhere. But even then it wasn’t stuttering, just lowered framerates.