We need a HOTFIX for CTDs - Sim Update 5

I have some things to say about this update that really bothers me.

First of all, the update system is the worst, i have a great internet connection but it took me 8 hours to download the update.

After that, i removed everything from the community folder to see if that gets better, but i was getting constant crashes to desktop.

And as i saw, a lot of people are having this kind of issue, not to mention that EVERYTHING that community has been working through this year is GONE, scenery and airplanes aren’t working well and getting crashes.

Looks like the game get back to the early development stage, it’s so frustrating… wish i could go back to 26th July, when i was happy with this sim.

I can’t even get out of the ground because i crash to desktop.

The new camera controls in cockpit were annoying, i don’t think the correct way to do is automatically insert the new way to everybody, at least it should give us the option to try and then decide what we prefer, i had a long time trying to fix the sensibility and the legacy cockpit version to go back.

I can’t even go to big cities airports because i have crashes. Crashes, crashes, crashes… so frustrating.

I hope that Microsoft Team listen our issues, because us, PC players, we’re having so many issues that i don’t even feel into flying anymore in this sim… We need a hotfix ASAP for this CTDs. The community is strong and we will fix the uncompatibilities, but we need at least fly default without crash.

UPDATE that solved my CTD:

So, guys, i did some changes in my sim and it solved the crashes for now.
I opened %appdata% and went to the Microsoft Flight Simulator folder, and then i deleted “Content.xml” file.

“C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator”

When i opened the sim it remade the file, and i didn’t have crashes since that.
I hope that it can help you! :slight_smile:

56 Likes

same here, I actually removed FS2020 and re-installed it, it took all last night to download, no change , same problem, it keeps crashing even before i get to the main menu, if it does get to main menu without crashing it crashes after I load airplane and scenery, the cockpit view especially makes it crash immediately.

10 Likes

Agree with you 100%

3 Likes

I have the same constant crashing, it’s disgusting, they should put out a hotfix today. No reason for this after a year. It might help calm some crashing down to disable AI traffic, turn it off…not even live

7 Likes

Constant crashes here as well. Does anyone actually even check this stuff.? Literally everytime there is an update stuff gets broken!!

7 Likes

Agree!!! .

We also need to ensure that next time around the Beta testers are properly selected, and actually do what they are meant to do.

9 Likes

It’s broken

8 Likes

I downloaded the update to my Win 10 and although it was a very slow download, the program seems to operate better.
I have NO MODs…None… Comunity folder empty.
I copied my “Official” folder to a spare drive and then booted up to Win 11 started the FS update. I paused the update and copied the “Official” folder from the spare drive to the Win11 FS Installation and continued the update. Soon the updater recognized that I had most of the update files and FS finished the update and started.
…
All seems pretty good and it seems to run better… HOWEVER…
…
I do think we need a REPAIR FUNCTION so that we can run a Flight Sim System Check and make sure all the files are current and valid.

2 Likes

100 percent agree. We are almost a year into this and these CTDs are the worse I have ever encountered in this update. Hotfixes and acknowledgement should be given by the devs ASAP . This cost a lot of people a lot of money , time, and headaches.

9 Likes

my update experience since release last year has had close to zero issues. As with many others, I have CTDs with this release. Fingers crossed it’ll get sorted soon.

Only tried a couple of quick flights (wanted to make sure the DC6 still worked) and they were fine.

Thought I’d ty the Naples experience flight - can’t as CTD. Moving from a flight to main menu often causes CTD.

And why did they mess up the mouse operation for everyone. Thank goodness for this forum as I wouldn’t have found the legacy option.

I also know it’s a minor irritant, but all that XBox control button hints all over the place. grrr

2 Likes

Previous to the latest update I had virtually no CTD’s, now after the latest updateI have been unable to fly with CTD’s occurring all the time, on the Home Screen, when planning a flight and when in the cockpit. It doesn’t matter whether I am in 2D or VR the CTD’s always occur and I haven’t been able to get a plane into the air at all. Definitely requires a fix ASAP.

5 Likes

London city airport wouldn’t load. Just freeze. Tried my local. Loaded then the camera started panning as controller sensitivity all changed. Then I go to change controller profile to default. Bang CTD God knows how many times. Un playable.

How this stuff gets beyond the Beta testing I don’t know.

But hey the Xbox people are all set so PC is not treated same it looks like.

Update 2
Well I’ve managed the Naples discovery flight. Enjoyed very much. Low over the built up area. Very smooth. Impressed.

Went on to the TBM 930 and done Dublin-Heathrow. ATC was all over the place with flight level on the decent. Was given airspeed to maintain. Used the new toggle system. It’s annoying when highlighting as when I was on approach. Great for setting altitude and climb/decent rate. Very intuitive and quick. I’ve a touch pad/keyboard. Can be put back to legacy in controls for pre update way.

Update
I’ve gone in and mapped my control camera axis set to reverse axis for pitch and yaw. Camera pans as should.
If I went near DEFAULT for controller it would CTD so just done a profile.
Completed a first flight in the caravan. No CTD thankfully. Will try a few different spots.

Seems all the new keybinds was causing a conflict somewhere and just trying to resolve in CONTROLS OPTIONS would kick me to CTD.

My advice
If looks to be commands/keybind issue causing crash don’t un-install. See if you can re-map your controller in profile. NOT default as thats when I’d go straight back out to CTD.

Had flight free CTD. Just annoying all the coding etc has to mess up profiles. If this could be left alone or solution it would save a lot of re-mapping controls issues.

3 Likes

Microsoft asobo or whoever it is TAKE THESE CONSOLE FROM THE SERVER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I can’t take it anymore to arrive at the airport and the guys are running low, it’s IMPOSSIBLE to simulate anything around here, it’s closing the game all the time! IDK why did you put together these guys who play video games with us who want to simulate on the pc, it’s greatly improved the performance but I prefer the 10-fps than that.

3 Likes

Hi all,
I don’t know if this is a solution or not, but I had no CTD yesterday or this morning, to do a performance comparison test, I enabled hyper threading, and tonight full of CTD, I disabled it again, and no CTD.

I had no issues with CTD during download but my CTD is random in-game after SU5 when starting a flight or flying (nothing in community folder). What does your CTD error show in the event viewer?

Event Viewer Info:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000009db628
Faulting process id: 0x49c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d783d853230015
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

1 Like

turn off multiplayer?

1 Like

Same happened to me in the update progress since yesterday. And iu am still in the update progress because of the slow download speed of the ms servers.

I’m talking abouth the “first come first served” beta testers. I know there are others like you who will have been invited and know what they’re doing.

But still, I’d be interested to hear what went wrong this time around.

2 Likes

Same here, unable to fly more than 5 minutes. Sim crashes while still on the parking or a few seconds after take off. I use the default C152, live weather and community folder has been emptied. Same after several reboots of the PC. Tried several places same result. Very disappointed.

2 Likes