We need Block users not mute

I think we need an option to block users, not mute them, please let me choose the users i don’t want to see anything from.

If you go into your Preferences, then User, you can add them to your ignore list. I’m not sure what more you’re asking for?

Suppress all posts, notifications, and PMs from these users.

You can do this already.

1. Navigate to a user’s profile (Click on their avatar next to a post, and click on the big version of their avatar that pops up)
  2. Click on the normal button
  3. Click ‘Ignore’

Oh, that’s even quicker! \o/

No ignore button only mute and that is not working.

and my text is “Suppress all notifications and PMs from these users.”

See the lower right corner of the user profile…

no it is not :frowning:

1 Like

Aha!

I think it is because of your level… you need to be a “Trusted” member for this option to appear. So… check @anon67824105’s suggestion. That may work for you…

Maybe related to trust level?

Cute :dog:, btw! :slight_smile:

Exactly… and I misspoke. “Trust Levels” are universal. Learn more here

1 Like

To add to what @Seven7Tango said, we have put together a guide that explains how TLs work on these forums: Trust Levels and How To Advance

I am going to look into the ‘Ignore’ option and see if it has been excluded accidently or on purpose from users who are <= TL1.

3 Likes

Sounds good, hope it will be changed.

Thanks, he was a nice dog, a Great Dane 85kg and 98cm in shoulder height, i miss him almost every day :cry:

6 Likes

Awwww :cry:

6 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I brought this issue up with the community team, and they have looked into it. However, it seems that the ‘Ignore’ option is limited to users who reach Trust Level 2 and that this is something we cannot override.

With that in mind, the mute option is still available for users who are yet to reach TL2, and it stops you receiving notifications related to a user. If you see content from a user that violates the Code of Conduct, then by all means let us know:

• Use the Report :white_flag: option if you are TL2 or TL3,
  • Send @moderators a private message if you are TL0 or TL1.

For more information on how Trust Levels work on the Flight Simulator Forums read this guide: Trust Levels and How To Advance

As this feature cannot be implemented, I have moved the post to #community:general-discussion-feedback but I will leave it open for now. @ViperSOZ as the original poster, if you would prefer I closed it, then send me a private message and let me know.

1 Like

Closed at OPs request.