Weight & Balance Presets for Aircraft Manager Pro?

Hello!

Weight and Balance presets is something I’ve had on my todo list for Aircraft Manager for MSFS - Sonicviz and I finally got some time to have a poke at it.

Some aircraft are pretty simple and very quick to configure, so it’s not a big deal to manually do it every time, but others can have quite a few different settings. This can be a bit of a timewaster when you want to quickly change settings for training purposes. For example, testing how an aircraft performs under different fuel/payload setups. I found I haven’t been exploring this as much as I should, so Weight & Balance presets is my answer to this, so I can quickly reconfigure the plane and get back to flying. .

Starting to shape up well so far!

Includes some auto preset naming based on the key settings when creating new presets.
Still on the fence about doing this when overwriting a saved preset (via save in the row) as you may have customised the name, and don’t want to change it again. Currently limited to 200 presets across all planes due to some save file space safety calculations. Might be able to increase this, but this section is actually pretty data heavy and tricky to configure, so the data storage is a bit fat.

What do you think? Ideas? Thoughts?

Vision Jet

C170B

Empty T37

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be any interest in this, maybe I’ll just keep it for myself😉

Update: Toolbar Weight and Payload in Fly mode is working

I like the idea. I think I’d use that, especially for the planes that default to nearly-full loads (like the Norseman). It’d be useful for FSEconomy, too, I think – again, to set the weights to zero so that you get a “clean” number from the client app as to how much weight you need to add.

1 Like

Sure, that works.

Some of the EFB planes that configure their own weight via tablet don’t integrate properly with the Weight and Balance menu unfortunately, or vice versa. It seems pretty inconsistent with no standard being adhered to.

Ideally you want either method to synch with the other completely but from my testing so far some don’t at all, and some do partially. The MSFS weight and balance screen should always reflect what’s on the planes EFB W&B.

Not much I can do about that though.

Fortunately, the number of planes that do that seem quite small at the moment.

I think it’s a great idea. I am getting more and more into flying planes like the ATR in different circumstances and loadouts, and see this as a nice helper.

1 Like

I haven’t picked up the ATR yet, was waiting on a few patch releases before diving into it.
I might pick it up today.

Does it have tablet controlled W&B or is it all done via the MSFS W&B?