Welcome to "checking for updates" simulator

I´m tired of this and I don´t know what to do to solve it. This started after SU9 more or less. Before the latest online services outage some days ago I had the issue of being stuck at “checking for updates” screen after game launch every single day. After the outage was fixed I didn´t have it anymore during some days but then some days ago it started again. I need to launch game an average 5 times and kill the process to get rid of this but this does not work everytime.

How to solve it? It happens even when disabling the community folder and even worse, after a clean install of vanilla game without any addons except the world updates because I had it also after I moved to Windows 11 and performed a clean install then.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi, I’ve moved your topic over to #self-service:install-performance-graphics.

This issue likely isn’t the result of a problem with your installation of MSFS, which is why it isn’t fixed with a clean install. Usually it’s to do with licensing verification and/or you connection to certain online services.

We have a troubleshooting guide available here to help go through some possible solutions.

1 Like

Thanks. I already checked that guide but those solutions didn´t solve the issue because I already tried them some weeks ago. As I said the only thing that stopped it was the online outage fixing. I didn´t touch anything on my side and the problem was solved after the online outage was fixed but some days ago it started again.

Cheers

Thanks for letting me know! Sorry that our steps there didn’t help.

Another possible solution can be to delete the rolling cache. Typically this is done from the in-sim menu, but it can be deleted from your file explorer if the sim won’t load.

1. In-sim steps: “How to delete the Rolling Cache and the Manual Cache”

2. If you can’t get in-sim to follow the steps there, you can delete the “ROLLINGCACHE.CCC” file from the “LocalCache” folder. Here’s a post from one of our moderators that gives a bit more information on the rolling cache, along with images on where you can find it.

Thanks for the hint. I never use rolling chache so it´s always disabled.

Cheers

I found a way to bypass or escape from the error:

1. Unplug network cable while on the “checking for updates” screen. This forces a dialog box warning about connection lost and online services not available (red banner).

2. Connect cable again and wait until connection is restored automatically (this will display the green banner message after game has been sucessfully connected to online services).

3. Wait until the red banner message about online services not available appears again for a second time (if you don´t wait for the second message and click the dialog box to continue game will still load, but also with online services not available)

4. Kill game process and restart game. Game should load normally afterwards.

This appears to be a bug with the official game patching process or sequence of events during loading.

Cheers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.