Well, that CRJ 550 looks nice, but sheez that price

i dunno. i mean, there is a market for higher priced air craft, see here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/index.php?SHOWALL_1=1
however, the systems are modelled more than MSFS ones are
the reason ill be sitting this one out isnt the price, but more that the CRJ fits in a niche that i typically dont fly in, along with the nearly uniformly poor reviews of aero’s crj200 for xplane

Aerosoft doesn’t make a CRJ for X-plane. That is a different developer

Yup probably like their A330 that I don’t use precisely because of that.
It is funny how the features that make an aircraft ideal for some people are an automatic no-use for some others.

In the meantime the guys at Pay More Get Dull will need to review some beliefs like:

• study level planes need to cost $140 => I guess no.
  • the sdk is not ready => clearly wrong
1 Like

i dunno, seems pretty plainly labelled to me

1 Like

I’ve played X-plane for years and never heard of this. I guess it really was pretty bad, then. I always used the other CRJ

i think if this was a few years ago, i mightve jumped on it, but after getting all the aircraft for DCS, all the expansions for IL2, and a good healthy amount of msfs content, im at a point where i have more aircraft to learn than i have time.

its entirely possible that this CRJ may succeed where the other one was poorly recieved. i probably wont get it, but i hope it does well

To be fair you get 2 planes for that price and really these types of planes are for the less casual flight simmer. Myself I don’t enjoy flying passenger planes prefer ga stuff. I won’t be buying it cos it’s not my sort of thing but when you get 2 planes of top quality with lots of detailed systems and modelling £25 for each of the planes is pretty decent price.
As others said have seen add-ons for over £100 for a single plane on Xplane11.

I’m not going to try and justify pricing models but when the CRJ launched it ■■■■ near crashed the Aerosoft site due to the amount of traffic. These devs, especially Aerosoft, have been around a long time and do enough market research and know what the market can bear and price accordingly.

I understand it may be more than you want to spend, and that’s fine. I personally find BMWs too expensive. That’s fine. I don’t buy BMWs. If you aren’t comfortable with that price point then you shouldn’t buy it, however Aerosoft is going to do just fine with sales on this.

3 Likes

Simmer on a budget here.

I decided to save up for it, a tenner a week since the release date was revealed. It’s a work of art. I mean, I can’t fly it, I’m in far too deep here. It makes a huge change for a new release to feel “ready” when you buy it, this certainly is already a very detailed, stable craft. The developers have more features in the pipeline.

The price is only going to up as it reaches the final version. Grab it now, it’s worth it.

I disagree and believe the price will be reduced drastically within a few months.

For extra context, Mathjis Kok from Aersoft just said they had 10 people working full time on the CRJ for 8 months. Think of how much that cost, and I think that also answers your question on price. Average salary for a German Software Dev is 38,000-65,000 EUR per year. Let’s call it 50,000 just for argument’s sake. So 10 people for 8 months at 50,000 EUR per year salary means that estimate cost JUST OF LABOR on the CRJ is 375,000 EUR. So yea.

Based on what? All evidence including comments from Aerosoft indicate this is selling fantastically well.

2 Likes

I would say considerably more than that.

1 Like

As an avid DCS World virtual pilot I was and continue to be so pleased with the price of aircraft in MSFS.

1 Like

Ugh, I know. I’m ready to “graduate” from FC3 planes and am desperately awaiting a sale because I’m not sure I can explain to my wife why a fake, digital F/A-18 costs $80 lol.

1 Like

i bought a few per sale until there werent any more to buy. if youre just getting started, i suggest buying from ED directly rather than steam

steam takes a hefty cut, and if you buy from ED then the cumulative discount can really add up.

study level complex aircraft arent cheap, so im not surprised the price of the CRJ

1 Like

I would say it is worth it. Compare it with X-Plane where more simple aircraft can be more expensive. I think the CRJ has a decent price.

42 euro is expensive? The cost of dinner for two at an okish restaurant? What’s that… 2 cases of beer?

I’m not going to purchase because I’m not a jet guy, but, if it’s a plane I want and it meets the quality I expect, I’d pay that. I’m not here to collect planes for the heck of it, but if I’m going to spend a few hundred hours in it or more over the years, heck yeah.

2 Likes

Just to keep a balance here.

This is one persons experience.

Another person, (me), had a similar occurrence with a completely different outcome. I replaced a failed drive on my computer and had to reinstall everything. Unfortunately I was an idiot and had my backup downloads from PMDG in a folder on the primary drive, the one that failed.

I logged into my PMDG account and viewed my history. It showed all the purchases I had made but the download links had all expired. I went to my email archives, still on the server, and copied all my original email receipts and activation codes. I sent PMDG an email along with the receipts and in less than a couple hours they had reactivated my download links. Service was great and I had no issues getting my FSX hanger back up and running.

I can guarantee they will get my MSFS business as well.

3 Likes

It depends on your current circumstances. 42 Euro is $64 NZD (the in sim marketplace wants $75), it’s not hard to see that being a barrier of entry for people, especially at the moment.

Not a criticism of the pricing for the addon, just an observation. I hate to imagine how much money was spent to build it.