We Love VFR went GLOBAL! Region 3 released. And it has yurts!

TBH, I doubt it will change much as it is not affected by LOD handling. The game just “dissolves” geometry that is thin, no matter the LOD. That’s why I make my masts a bit thicker at every LOD. I’d need to review and maybe upgrade these objects a bit, but I have a lot to do with other things in this add-on and not much free time. Maybe someday… but probably not this year with a roadmap I’ve made for myself :smiley:

1 Like

Ha no rush, I’ve been using your mod for months and yesterday was the first time I even noticed, I only fly during the day generally, it just happened I flew for a couple hours and the sun was setting when I got to Torbay.

1 Like

As SU6 comes tomorrow you can expect an update for Region 2 even before it drops. I wanted Region 1 to be the first one to get cooling towers, but as it had no special effects before, it should work with SU6 out of the box. No worries it will be available soon too.

Meanwhile a little comparison from Scherer Power Plant in Georgia.

21 Likes

Wow, makes such a big difference! I love your mod so much.

3 Likes

Cant wait to try this. Fiddlers Ferry is something that needs to be implemented between Liverpool and Manchester as its currently flat as a pancake!

It will come in the next Region 1 update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

great stuff. I’m on xbox at the moment but will soon be switching…

If you haven’t seen it yet, I’ve released a new version of Region 2.
With cooling towers, better and less buggy effects, bug fixes, updated data, and some data corrections.

Grab it here, as usual,» We Love VFR - Region 2 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

10 Likes

region 1 is crying :frowning:

1 Like

I know I know. It was supposed to be released before 2, but with SU6 I had to switch them. I will release it ASAP.

5 Likes

Wher is the best place to test this is working?

In terms of region 2, I recommend Sudbury in Canada. You’ll find there INCO Superstack, the tallest smokestack in the Americas.

1 Like

It is working, but if you don’t believe me or the the author then I’d suggest a flight in north or south America.

1 Like

Yep checked it out looked great! Will you be adding red lights? This chimney had none at night or will you just fly through it?

Smaller chimneys don’t have lights. Larger ones should have them. They are not as visible as red lights you can see at wind turbines because we don’t have access to that kind of light in SDK.

…which sounds like a good thing to me, because the lights on the turbines are so brutally overdone that it hurts. :slight_smile:
(I live at a place with a lot of wind turbines and did a fair share of night flying around here and I’ve never seen one of those toplights lighting up the generator nacelle much, and certainly never one where the entire structure and the ground around it is flooded with red light).

1 Like

I literally love your WeloveVFR packages. They enhance the scenery quite a bit!

When you do another pass for a future update, could you have a look a the Scholven Power Plant in Germany? There are 5 cooling towers that are still being displayed as 5 circular high rise buildings. :wink:

Here they are:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5939806,7.0045978,974a,35y,9.39h,42.9t/data=!3m1!1e3

EDIT: I just realize that Germany is Region 1 (mixed it up with DVD region codes which are exactly the other way around). But the suggestion still stands. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you.

I’ve checked and that power plant will be included in the upcoming update. I’ve changed few details to make them even more similar to real-life ones.

6 Likes

Great, thanks!

Hey Mr. @PuffinFlight . Absolutely awesome mod! Thanks for giving it to us for free - it’s truly payware quality!

I found a small omission, in case you wanted to include it in a future update. In Toronto, about 5 km to the east of Billy Bishop Airport, is a smoke stack. Your mod includes the smoke, but the stack itself is not present. The stack is almost directly inline with runway 08 of the airport. See the screenshots below.

Initially, I thought the smoke was only misplaced, since there is another stack a little further east. But if you look on google maps (screenshots included), you can see that there is stack at the location of the smoke, but it’s not present in your mod.

But this isn’t a complaint, especially since the mod is free. So thanks again!

MFSF:

Google Maps: