Wet Ground Reflections After It's Been Raining

When it´s raining, in not much density, the ground doesn´t get wet, even when it´s raining for a long time, I only see wet ground if I increase the density of the rain…

The tarmac dries up in less than a minute when the rain is over , why can’t we have it stay that way till about 20-30 min atleast after some heavy downpour

8 Likes

Maybe you’re pc is running hot :laughing:

3 Likes

Hello There, I have noticed we don’t have Wet Ground Reflections & Puddles In General After It’s Been Raining and stopped raining where in the real world this is a thing and it takes some time for the ground to dry, Can this please be implemented?

Many Thanks!

2 Likes

can we please look at why the ground dries up so fast? it would be great if :

1. The wet “patches” lasted for hours after the last reported rain ( maybe even based on temperature/evaporation/etc)
  2. When the rain goes through the airport, the entire ground and runways would remain wet for some time, not just 30 seconds.
  3. Even with less-intense rain the ground would have the reflection effects.

Thanks!

I know there are topics on this, but they have been ignored and archived/ locked.

8 Likes

we need it

Yes the rain effect on the windshield looks superior but the asphalt refuses to stay wet. It would be realistic if this would change.
The concrete and asphalt should be wet for at least one hour :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Absolutely!

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone else is getting puddles from the rain at their airports? I flew out of KPDX the other day and it was actively raining but then when I looked around out side of the plane there was no puddles on the ground.

I always see screenshots of people have lots of water after rain on the runways, taxi ways, ect.

Does it need to be raining really hard? Or am I missing something.

Appreciate any advice!

With live weather enabled, When showers are present, the apron doesn’t appear dry or becomes dry 1 second after the rain stops which isn’t in any way realistic. Screenshot from 12:33 10/01/2023 EGLL. Enable Live weather and wait for rain.

1 Like

Several other posts closed for similar thing, really hope this one ‘sticks’ !

It’ll be interesting to see what extra eye candy get’s added when DX12 comes out of beta and ray tracing gets added. Night lighting reflecting off wet roads and puddles is one of the few times I actually see the effects of ray tracing being noticeable in other games I play.

All of this is brutal on the GPU though so I can see why they’re holding off for better sim performance and more people having better GPU’s. Even if they released ray tracing now very few us would actually be able to really use it.

Aprons are getting dry in matter of seconds from the moment rain stops. Real immersion killer and a real shame after all the hard work they put on these effects and we barely get to see them.

6 Likes

Agreed. This is a thing that could be definitely improved.

4 Likes

This thread should get more votes tbh

1 Like

I also wonder why there aren’t more votes on this

Has this got even more nerfed ? Centered on the runway in pouring rain, runway and aprons are with wet effect. Just as I started takeoff roll, rain got a little less intensive (not even fully stopped), at rotate (approx 15 sec from takeoff roll start) everything was dry :joy:

this is still an issue, it wont get the apron wet when its showering, and the second the rain passes. It dries up immediatly, real immersion breaker. this doesn’t seem like it would be hard to fix

Definitely needs improving and it does sound like an easy quick win on the face of it.

Could even be timed persistence rather than a more realistic factoring of ?sun or ?cloud or ?Night and ?temperature ?wind factors

2 Likes

I just want it to stick around for longer than 1 minute, I’m a UK flyer so the ground can be damp all day sometimes if its overcast.