What Annoying MSFS Bug/Flaw still remains in 2023

I wish the wea… :wink:

btw, completely agree.

1 Like

Is there any way you would consider removing the retina burning bright white Xbox splash screen at the start of the game?
From day one I have to shut my eyes until I hear the Asobo jingle - just to preserve my night vision in my dimly lit office. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There’s a -FastLaunch option on PC that removes the XBox, Asobo, and Blackshark splash screens.

But if you’re on XBox, I’m sure they’ll never be removed.

2 Likes

Thanks @SkipTalbot - you’ve made my day :slight_smile:

You also have the option create a wishlist thread with your request to consider changing the splash screen colours - others may vote for this too and won’t go under as much as in a general thread like this - I can imagine how bright a dark room lights up in with a white splash screen - PC users also have the Windows night mode available.

The fast launch is a nice option too. :point_up_2:

Oh yes, I have noticed that at the Pensacola International Airport (KPNS) too. Many taxiway lighting is on posts and some are definitely not positioned correctly. Some are nearly in the landing gear way for larger airliners. But, like I have been told here in the forum, those things are minor, minor, minor in the grand scheme of things. To me, Airports, Roads and Bridges are a big part of the world sim. I reported those “anomalies” for my home photogrammetry city (Pensacola, FL, KPNS) a week after MSFS was released via 2 tickets to zendesk. No action has ever been taken.

1 Like

Thank you for that included information. Sometimes I forget to look in the appropriate places to find reported issues that I have also reported. Thank you !

Oh yes. I forgot about that one too. I also get annoyed seeing small Cessna style aircraft zoom by labeled as a FA18.

2 Likes

NZGS - Gisborne Regional Airport. New Zealand. What you get in the Sim.

What you don’t get!

1 Like

Thanks…I’ll have to visit that airport. Hopefully, our landing gear does not get hung up on the taxiway lights.

No gates, no tugs. And when there are gates they go right into the cockpit 9 out of 10 times.

2 Likes

Same as at thousands other airports in sim…

2 Likes

Honestly. I could care less about bridges right now. They need to stop the world updates and fix the sim. Once that’s done, they should start fixing scenery. It’s supposed to be a flight simulator, not a bing maps joy ride!

Over 2 years of this back and forth. Fix 5 things and break 2 others. They said it would be supported for 10 years. The last 2 years hasn’t felt like support.

Their update process has been flawed from the beginning, and they don’t seem to learn from their mistakes. I truly hope they do at some point soon.

12 Likes

Correct - so go to the Wishlist post and vote for change :wink:

Xbox CTDs. Apparently, that’s still caused by a memory issue.

I don’t know if it’s true (or possible), but I’d seen a theoretical solution if Xbox could somehow partition SSD space in the console to act as increased memory (not storage space)?

1 Like

I’ve put out a couple water fixes on flightsim.to and I’ve noticed the photogrammetry areas seems to be a little worse with water for some reason.

• The need to check for updates at every startup and why it is taking this long
  • Stop marshallers and ground staff from being decapitated
  • Extend the new flight model to all default aircraft
  • Improve ATC

Thank you and happy new year

3 Likes

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue… but for the love of all that’s holy, consider the kamakaze apron vehicle drivers and, “X hold position for the generic bus on the taxiway.”

AI Traffic x1000 with a massive distorted Hans Zimmer theme playing louding while I say it.

Peace yall! :v:

4 Likes

ATC really needs to stop sending me into mountain ranges. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Note that this shouldn’t take more than a second or two normally. I did have it get stuck once where it took about an hour to get past, with no visible progress bar – but the next day it was fine.

1 Like