What Annoying MSFS Bug/Flaw still remains in 2023

the most annoying thing will always be generic planes. just change it already so you can see other models without installing/buying them.

8 Likes

Taxiway lighting on poles, especially those on the centreline and in the middle of intersections :rage:

4 Likes

White dot and thick white panel outlines when using Xbox controller for cameras (pn PC).

2 Likes

I donā€™t agree that this is a pointless thread. The things talked about here serve as reminders for us not to forget about those things. Yes weā€™ve all voted on wishlists but where are we with those. They never seem to ever get any update on progress and we are left wondering if/when it may come. I say keep airing your issues and repeat those that have been around for a long time and where no progress seems to have been made.

I have many that Iā€™d like to see fixed before Iā€™ll start with icing on the cake requests. Luckily the community efforts have made the sim useable so I have temporary fixes or workarounds for a few of them. The 2 biggest ones that affect me on almost every sim session are the lack of access to all variable types via sim connect, namely the B, I and O variables and the seriously messed up model matching in multiplayer.

17 Likes

@MeridianOwl4306

Hello, you mentioned specific bridges, which are local issues, small issues to some - however there is a general issue with bridges that is known - #3 on the Feedback Snapshot of overall bugs, so not a small issue overall in the sim scenery but according to that info, there is work started to try and resolve thisā€¦ itā€™s likely a complex map issue that developers are trying to solve.

Your thread is asking to list major bugs, but reallyā€¦ all you could do is visit the Feedback Snapshot and see the top bugsā€¦ so I think thatā€™s a way of staying up to date with open bugs. In my opinion, there is no need to list them all in this thread - individual threads exist to address each; some logged with the developers and being worked on but I agree that it would be nice to hear more details about the progress of major and also minor issues (that can be globally seen) being worked on.

And if the next question is what progress, when will it be fixed and:

They never seem to ever get any update on progress and we are left wondering if/when it may come. I say keep airing your issues and repeat those that have been around for a long time and where no progress seems to have been made.

There is a regular communication at least with the team - the Dev Q&A have a certain time duration - so can feel very squeezed. It would be nice to see more specific updates and feedback on progress what the team is currently working on to try and resolve issues and what bugs they see as priority.

2 Likes

Its not a gamebreaking bug but its the first bug I encountered in MSFS on day one and it still happens:

The pushback guy driving into the propellers.

9 Likes

To my situation and problem,

I ask for this from day 1. I need everytime set louder sound on my HD TV (HDMI/DVI) because with std settings (other games/app no problems, also TV stations are ok, all together at same level) I need set 100% higher level, simply sim is very low level of audio. With return from sim same backword. I expect sim inside levels a more over valued at 100% and I need only set them lower, to std TV/output settings.

1 Like

Yes, the little bugs that you see all the timeā€¦ they are not critical for flight but affect the immersion on every flight - maybe some of those are not so complex to fix and would greatly improve user experience on each flight; like the bus driver that always comes to greet you while you taxi (if you donā€™t turn off the ground vehicles fully).

2 Likes

its seems a bit useless to start a discussion about already existing topics ( OP in special raised at least four topics about these bridge stuff ).

Search the existing topics for the reported ā€˜issuesā€™ and if is important for you vote for it.

PS: for me is this topic nothing else as the fifth duplicated topic about that bridgesā€¦

If you set the sound settings to the ā€œdefaultā€ device, thatā€™s exactly how it works? Mine always switches between speakers, headphones and VR set effortlessly, depending on default output device.

• Horizon Line (major immersion issue not dealt with)
  • Certain Controls not working when mouse is over toolbar windows/Garmin screens in VR (SU7 regression)
  • Horizon graphical issue jumping in VR (SU5 regression)
  • VR Mirror still showing both eyes and not a single eye image - as per every other VR title in existence.

Those are just from the top of my head and the biggest annoyances for me, there are a load more but fixing those would be a start - especially the regressions which shouldā€™ve been fixed long ago.

5 Likes

Every lap? :slight_smile: ā€¦they must be some fast mechanics!

1 Like

Yes, I agree :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

PLS ALL!

I see this Topic as good idea but pls donā€™t start complain about Weather system :smiley: I expect this situation very quickly started.

1 Like

For me, everything to do with popping out / undocking windows in the sim remains my priority. Itā€™s quite obvious that this is very low on the priority list for Microsobo as this has been broken since launch and little effort has been put into resolving these issues to make a ā€œfeatureā€ of the sim usable.

1. Performance issues when using popouts
  2. Complete loss of all control input when a mouse cursor is moved over a popped out window.
  3. Adding multi-touch support to popped out panels used on touch screens. (missing feature, not a bug)

Until these 3 things are addressed, I consider this to be a broken feature.

10 Likes

Error 0x803FB107

X-box or Microsoft store error is very annoying. No reason why it should have been there for me.
30th Dec 2022 the game ran fine but on 31st somehow it thought that the game was installed on Drive C whereas it was actually on Drive E. Now the install gives the above error.

Microsoft, MSFS2020, X-box app or the Microsoft Store - any of them could be the culprit.

Trying to find the solutions.

Addendum:
Found help with this and now it is running again!

Courtesy of [MarcMorelli56] at Answers.midrosoft.com with my explanatory adds

1. launch powershell (I started with admin privileges - right click on Win10 start button and there is an option to start Windows Powershell (Admin)
  2. Enter: " Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted " - at the cursor without the " . When asked Yes or No, select A - which is - yes to all.
  3. Enter " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register ā€œ$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xmlā€}" at the cursor without the "

Restart your system

I hope this helps our friends who face this same error without any warning and without their or their machineā€™s fault at all!!!

1 Like

Just adding one more annoyance

Sometimes, the pushback stop command cannot be done. The tug keeps pushing the plane and cannot be stopped and the flight has to be restarted.

A very happy new year to all my fellow simmers. Happy flying in 2023 with no annoyances :slight_smile: ā€¦

This is a Microsoft Store app download issue though and not specific to MSFS, at least not once downloaded. Naturally Microsoft wants to have Microsoft Flight Simulator use the Microsoft store - please try searching on this forum or link to an existing thread, specific to this issue @c2h5cl or create a new thread for your support issue, so troubleshooting can be done.

From what you just wrote, I see you resolved it. :+1:

2 Likes

Are you referring to the default push back method? SHIFT-P?
What aircraft are you having issues with or all? I donā€™t seem to have any issues stopping the push back, unless something is still sending the push back tug from a used add-on. Also use the left shift key by default. This could be a binding issue.

1 Like

Itā€™s not just Florida. The AI algorithm for generating scenery from Bing maps files works fairly well but there will always be special cases where the math doesnā€™t work. This manifests itself as,

• bridges/piers being underwater or missing (along almost any coastline)
  • cars/trucks driving everywhere but on roads (in the water, in the air, on the side of mountains, in the wrong lanes, going the wrong direction)
  • bridge issues as mentioned previously
  • roads on the sides of mountains
  • rivers at a higher level than surrounding land
  • missing obvious points of interest (Victoria Falls)
  • cliffs with building images (Gibraltar)
  • odd green color added to imagery (Alaska/Canada)
  • melted buildings (London)
  • airport vehicles on taxiways
  • AI planes turning 270 degrees instead of 90 degrees while taxiing
  • AI planes flying with lights but no body
  • weather that instantaneously changes from foggy to partly cloudy

All considered, though, I think they do a fairly good job. In fact, I fly the G2 mostly for up close and personal VFR, and for me, looking at some of the visual anomalies adds a strange flavor to the game. Some anomalies are actually funny.

Thank you developers for your continued efforts.

3 Likes