What are the proper settings for live weather and time?

I’m in California and it’s night here, but when I chose my local airport it’s showing it’s still sunny? What’s the proper settings for live weather?

In the world map, weather options (top right) is a toggle to switch from preset to live weather. Is that what you mean?

1 Like

Is real time selected in the Weather Options section mentioned by GhostlyFrend?

1 Like

Yes it is selected.

You also need to select real time in weather setting

Is it also selected in the “cloud” icon from the on screen toolbar?

Hi there,
I moved your topic to our Community Support catehory and renamed the title slightly to allow people to see the question without clicking into the thread.

Do you need to do this each and every time?

If you have set it to live weather in the world map planner, no, you shouldn’t need to reset it every time.
Are you having issues?

Yes, I set the UTC time but cant use real time when I do that, but when I set it to real time its the wrong UTC time, also when I do set the time (California time) and exit the game it goes back to some other time so not sure of the proper settings for real time and weather?

For some reason real time wont stay on?

Try switching from All Players to Off, and then trying.
If this doesn’t do it, can you switch to Live Weather and Time on the bottom line?

If not, your issue is may be with “all players”
If you were in a group environment, you cannot change the time (or weather) if you didn’t exit the session properly.
You will need to rejoin any group setting, and then exit that properly.

Let us know!

What about the time (UTC)? is that right? Also with ALL PLAYERS off does this mean I wont see my friends when they are flying? I tried what you said and the REAl TIME keeps switching off?

It is displayed in UTC time.
UTC time is (I believe) 7 hours ahead of you in California, so 5:51 p.m. Monday in UTC is 10:51 a.m. Monday, in California (PDT)

You should be able to switch back after you move the button to real time.
In a group setting, it will switch to the group’s setting.

Yes, you won’t be able to see friends in “off”

Sorry confused now lol, I moved the real time switch over but there’s no apply settings etc., but when I exit game and reload game the real time is back off again? and not sure what or where the setting should be for the time?

OK, did you join any group session and then exit properly?
If not, what you are describing will happen.

No no groups joined, but i do have my friends list and sometimes we fly together when they are online. Didnt know with GROUPS ONLY would prevent me from seeing them etc?

Here is a link to a couple posts which explains it a bit better.
This post explains the different groups

This post explains how to get out of the session properly.

I dont know whats going on here, this isnt right, right now its 11:15am in California not 9:15am?

Did you follow the steps in the second link above?