What are you looking foward to in SU7?

An easy way to toggle the taxi direction chevrons on and off while taxiing.

1 Like

Nothing it will only get worse

Not quite, as we get closer to the release date, we should be getting information what will get fixed. Once that is communicated, I can start expecting those fixes. It is a different question altogether what we WISH to get fixed.

1 Like

I’m on Xbox, so I can’t set to 400. However, I will say that at least on the Xbox the increased distance over what it was is well welcomed. For instance. Before this update, I could take off from KSEA and not see any buildings at all, so I would get lost where Seattle was. Now I take off, I can see the buildings in the distance. Taking off from FABL before, I wasn’t able to see Vaal, so I couldn’t find the Golden Highway to do a VFR flight up to Johannesburg. The draw distance before was severely limited, and that was unrealistic. So I get that this wasn’t a noticeable problem for you, but it made for me VFR flights nearly impossible until this update

1 Like

I second this exactly!

1 Like

At long last…getting rid of that d**n logbook popup !

1 Like

ATC issuing correct altitude instructions, I heard its still a problem, where if you follow ATC altitude instructions you are often still way to high when approaching destination so have to make a paid descent.

I admit not tested myself but if its still an issue I would love that to be fixed.

That occurs as a result of using contamitated C-grade fuel…

Offline traffic isn’t broken. I don’t know what you’re talking about lmao.

Online traffic is broken though, at least it never departs from parking.

I’m looking forward to a proper keybinding of the condition levers.

Hopefully they fix the low level stuttering that was introduced with SU6. Many aircraft have stutters / are jumpy on takeoff roll and the first few hundred feet of climb. Then performance smooths out. Otherwise all is fine as is.

4 Likes

I hope we will get rid of the color artefacts (banding, purple fringes, bad color gradients) introduced with SU5. More Votes are necessary for that, I fear.
Banding and fringes

3 Likes

I have not loaded #6 yet. I was celebrating my 36th anniversary on a ship in the Caribbean. I thought it would be good to have a good rest before attempting to do something like update my flight simulator. It has been known to be very stressful :confused:
I am hopeful that will not be the case
When I update this week. Wish me luck :wink:

3 Likes

The ability to pan with my right mouse button, and control the aircraft inside the cockpit at the same time again.

Honestly there’s still a LOT to fix…

I’d love to see:

ATC being fixed and more fluid (ICAO language again please, NOT non-standard FAA!)

Proper ‘Hybrid’ mode that works so the majority of the world can see hectopascals and degrees in everything (including ATIS! :man_facepalming:)

Visibility being able to be reduced below CAT I conditions without precipitation

VFR map with POIs added

Proper tailwheel Centre of Gravity moments so that they try to swing you around as they should. Tailwheels do not stay straight with no input.

Animated passengers in the cabin (small idle movements) and visible inside and outside the aircraft according to the W&B.

Integrated multi-station cockpits/cabins. Get a group of 4 up in the plane for example. Or have multicrew operations for any aircraft - instructing, airline ops etc.

Door opening on all default models.

Fix that horizon line through terrain! It’s been 18 months!

Separate XBox and PC settings at least, even if the engine and world remain the same. Tree and autogen draw distance needs to be increased like terrain has been. Make them all able to be set even higher, moseso than current tech allows - future proof the sim!

So many more to add…

3 Likes

I like to so on Xbox the sensitivity to stay when you set it on hotas one

• DX12
  • Rain effects realistically designed and improved on airport ground (current effects are pretty lame)
  • Hangar external view back for airliners, which SU:5 had taken away
  • crisper cloud textures
  • improved particle effects for takeoff and landing

rain effects in another sim, wip :

3 Likes

Yes it is.

The few planes that appear as live traffic is only a fraction of those listed in the Live Airpirt Activity.

Live traffic only arrives and cannot leave the gate.

Nav/recognition lights disappear as soon as the plane touches the ground.

Live traffic is not always available.

So, to quote your own words:

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’m hoping hoping for a fix for the nearly completely unresponsive Bravo trim wheel. I kind of wish they’d address that immediately with an interim update

cloud color mismatches are what I want most to be fixed. The mix of pinks and purples and blues and bluegreens and yellows should go away. I’d like to see cloud textures improved – too much blurry and blobby textures at the moment.
When I was making clouds for previous simulators, I found that wispy clouds could best be made by using Highlight, midtone, and shadow to drop out unwanted parts of the image and then copy and paste the result onto itself using addition with varying transparency. I wish I knew what they were doing cause it looks like its just collections of textures.
Check out the square cloud closest to the text in the following image. Surely thats just one texture whose outside boundaries were quickly erased. Highlight Midtone and Shadow would work wonders there.

6 Likes