What are you using to control your, "Helicopters"?

With the recent release of the freeware Airbus H135 Helicopter, I’m wondering what might be the best control devices to pilot such a craft.

I’ve recently installed the H135 and am using my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle, as well as Logitech Pedals. It’s a challenge to put it mildly, but I’m having fun with it, and it brings a whole new value to the wonderful scenery and terrain.

Obviously some sort of HOTAS would be preferred, I just wonder if anyone with experience would share their thoughts and opinions.

Jim-Sim

1 Like
1 Like

Thrustmaster Hotas 4 - I’ve got pedals also but managing quite well without them. The throttle becomes the collective but then everything else worked “out of the box”.

i find this cheating

But also very cool and i want one

I’ve also got the Alpha yoke and it’s … not quite right. :wink:

1 Like

Okay, so I bit the bullet and ordered a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro. Cheap, entry level device that got great reviews everywhere I looked. It arrived today and I just installed it for MSFS. The software found it (while I was already in the main menu) and everything configured plug and play. At first, since I have pedals, I unassigned the Rudder on the Twist axis, but then I reassigned it, so I have either option. I need to learn to use the pedals correctly, but that Twist rudder can really spoil you.

Anyone struggling to fly the Helicopter with the Alpha Yoke… go ahead and get a Joystick. This Logitech Extreme 3d Pro was only $32.99 USD on Amazon.

Jim-Sim

I fly RC Helicopters, for me the most realistic control, I describe and show how to build your own. ( March 11 ) Do not have the space for an arrangement like described.

It obviously works well with airplanes too.

Just finished flying the EURO ( on default 1 Option = mixed engine+colective)
Will try Option 2 next ( More realistic )
These options are specific for this heli.

Greetings