What can i do with little navmap that i cant do with navigraph?

hi guys, i was quickly watching some tutorials from little navmap but most are related to flight planning. As i have a subscription with Navigraph, i was wondering what can i do with little navmap that i cant do with navigraph? or can i use them complementary?

Thanks for any tipps and comments!

Little NavMap can utilize the Navigraph information, so they can be used complementary. I’m still awaiting VFR to be added to Navigraph and then I’ll become a subscriber myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does littlenavmap have VFR sectionals then?

I have both. I use Navigraph for IFR and Little Navmap for VFR.

1 Like

The only downside of LNM is that it’s very difficult to use, it has very unfriendly UI. Of course it;s complex and when you learn it’s amazing. On the other hand all that complexity is a positive too because it provides so much stuff. And everything is for free. So don’t forget to donate to the developer!

Navigraph is extremely easy to use, everything is so handy and in its places, simple to find everything and plan your flights, easy to look up something quickly. And charts as overlay on the map is an amazing feature.

I still use LNM more often because i started doing more VFR than IFR when i started with MSFS. VFR wasn’t possible on xplane 11 and now all i want 80% of the time is VFR.

I just wish LNM would be usable on tablet/phone. So that’s another positive for navigraph.

2 Likes

Yeah same here. I use Navigraph for IFR and LNM for VFR and the DC-6. As I don’t use the GPS in it (yet) the LNM is great to produce a VOR-to-VOR flightplan only.

I then do copy that flight plan and file it manually in Simbrief for a proper fuel and flight time estimate. Bit of extra work, but I guess flightplanning was extra work back in the 50’s too. :wink:

Same here. It doubles as a moving map, and I’ve added the U.S. VFR Sectional Charts as well. Using the aircraft data it captures from MSFS it is possible to develop a very accurate performance metric for all the aircraft you happen to fly. It’s an excellent tool for fuel planning and management for the DC-6 especially. It’s an amazing piece of software!

1 Like

I use LNM for everything - the only thing I can think of that is missing from LNM is the ability to program different altitudes for different segments of the flight like for step-climb. I know that VNAV is not really functional yet, but it will be at some point.

One thing that LNM used to have but recently disappeared is the transition altitude under the Airport Information tab. Hopefully that’s just a bug that will be fixed.

I still have transition altitude listed in airport info panel.

Where did you get them and do you add them as a Scenery Library?

Here’s the link to a forum page that explains the maps and a pretty robust discussion about how to use them.

1 Like

Navigraph charts has moving maps also. What I like most about it is the actual charts overlay your route and it tracks your plane right within the chart. Great situational awareness.

Well … you can see airways ( high / low ) on LNM … use it as a moving map … etc etc

I like the fact it shows AI aircraft also with origigen and destination labeled. Fun to keep me busy and check whats flying around me on ling flights. Also shows AI ship traffic

And it saves you money :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The LNM GUI is overwelming though :thinking:

I use both on an ipad next to me and switch between them during flight.