What Controllers are you guys using?

CH Products yoke, quadrant and pedals. No complaints except for the CH control manager software, and the fact that some of the axis wiggle a bit in game. Not a big deal for throttle or mixture since the change is so small its un noticeable, but when your trim is constantly wiggling up and down it can make the skies seem pretty turbulent!
Also a IR device by grass monkey simulations.

Thrustmaster T.1600 HOTAS. Its done me well since the sim came out as my first HOTAS but I’m ready to upgrade. I really want the Warthog set up but not sure I can justify the price. Will probably get the X-56 bundle plus some pedals.

logitech x56 hotas stick and throttle

Honeycomb Alpha Yoke
Honeycomb Bravo Throttle
CH Pro Pedals
Logitech Radio Panel
TrackIR

Sorry if this breaks a rule, just wanted to ask,
Would you say the Logitech radio panel is worth it? I’ve been getting into VATSIM recently, and I think that would be perfect for it, just $100 seems a bit much.
Thanks

I have Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo as well as Logitech fighter pedals.
Also Logitech radio stack and a stream deck 15 button.
The latest addition was a buttkicker, feeling the sim now.

Well that’s what happens. It completely ignores my rudder.

Let’s assume the wind is coming from the left, then I’m going to crab to the runway pointing left, then, as I prepare to level off, I put in enough right rudder to straighten out the plane down the runway and put in left aileron to lean the plane into the wind to keep it from blowing me to the right and land on the left wheel. All goes ok, until I slow down a bit, then the plane turns to the left, even though I’ve got full right rudder at that point as it’s trying to turn me left and it whips me around and I’m basically blown into the wind, granted, it’s more likely that on the ground, the rudder for whatever reason is turned off, but, it’s even ignoring the right turned front wheel.

I dunno, it could be I should just avoid landing a 3000lb plane in 30 knot direct crosswind.

VirtualFly Yoko+ & TQ6+, with the MFG Crosswind v3s & hydraulic damper kit.

1 Like

I have the thrust master t1600 tcs (stick throttle and pedals). Although I drool at the more expensive saitek kit, the fact I have had almost zero issues with this, it just works, I am sticking with it! It has hall sensors for the stick which does seem much more accurate, very similar to my old sidewinder from times past.

I think the airbus edition has similar tech to the t1600.

I do like the split throttle with detents of the airbus though!

2 Likes

When I want to sight see and “fly low and slow”- or just fly prop planes around I use the Saitek Pro Yoke system with the throttle quadrant.

When I fly commercial airliners (only use the A320) I use my TCA Airbus throttle and joystick set up.

Little annoying having to switch the set ups out but isn’t too bad (1-2 USB plug ins) Typically just plan ahead and know if I am going to do a commercial flight or go sight seeing.

1 Like

Honeycomb Alpha Yoke
Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant
Thrustmast TPR pendular pedals
Saitek Radio
Along with a Playseat Airforce seat, a playset meat, and 10 USB powered hub to hook it all up to my PC.

Bought it all at once in March so quite an expensive month!

identical to yours except for the Track IR. All work beautifully and rarely any problem.

Well, been using my trusty Saitek Pro Flight yoke for 20 some years and it has never let me down.
Though I did open it up some years ago to clean and re-grease it and replace a couple of LED’s.
Bear in mind also that this yoke has 3x mode switches which makes for a plethora of
programming possibilities.

Why pay more?

Still using my old Microsoft Forced Feedback 2. Hoping for forced feedback to be worked into FS2020.

1 Like

I found it good with default a/c, but can’t get it working in the CRJ. If I use the CRJ radio selectors, that changes the displays in the Logitech panel, but not vice versa - i.e. I can;t get Logitech to tune the radios in the CRJ…haven’t found out why yet

That sounds frustrating! I hope you get that figured out. I have heard about issues with the drivers though.

Of course, all the behaviours of a plane in the real world may not be perfectly replicated in the sim. We are really reliant on the programmers and the accuracy of their software, but up to now, I tend to see real world behaviour, fairly accurately represented in the sim.

Once the main wheels are on the ground during a crosswind landing, the experts point out that it’s crucial to keep the aileron correction in and that it needs to be increased to maximum deflection as the plane slows down, to prevent the upwind wing from lifting.

Could it be that you are not doing that? and the effect of the upwind wing lifting is causing a ground loop effect to the left?

I don’t think the rudder is ignored in the sim after landing but it is possible that, as you say, you have run out of useable rudder, suggesting that the crosswind is too strong and a go around is your only option.

xbox controller user here as well!

Not by choice initially, though now I am quite happy with how the plane feels with the controller. My first cheap choice was the Logitech 3d pro. I had one before and loved it. No one had them in stock. Same with the second choice, the Thustmaster Airbus sidestick. One day I will pick one of them up, but for now, I am enjoying myself quite a bit with the xbox controller.

1 Like
  1. Alternating between a venerable MS FFB2 (had it for 20 years and still rocking on) with XPForce to enable the FFB for stick flying versus a Fulcrum (180 degree aileron and 8" elevator travel) when I need a yoke.

https://fulcrumsim.com/

1. Saitek/Logitech switch panel.

2. For pedals I have a set of very heavily modified CH (detent removed, springs upgraded, entire thing lifted 4" at back) but it is way overdue for replacement.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Nice!
A FF yoke is about the only thing that could tempt me away from my trusty Saitek Pro Flight.

Regards.