What device can I use for mfs2020 to run the game perfectly

You’re not only paying extra for the name, but also a lot of proprietary parts that can’t be easily replaced/upgraded, a lot of bloatware, and a system prone to running hot and leaving performance on the table. If you don’t want to build your own, look at system integrators. These companies will build your system with standardized parts that are easily serviced and upgraded. Some of the more common ones are iBuypower, Cyberpower, and NZXT, but there are others.

Some of those can be bought as an off the shelf item, but you’re also able to customize the builds. If building primarily for MSFS, I’d aim to get a 7800x3d CPU (or 5800x3d if budget constrained). Instead of a 4070, I’d get the newer 4070 Super, or AMD 7900 GRE (a newly released card worldwide). When picking out a case, try to get one with an open mesh covered front (Dell and others love to choke them off with only tiny slots for airflow). I’m surprised that R16 you found only had a 500W power supply. For this, you’d want 750W minimum to help with potential load spikes. Considering PSU’s are usually a long term investment, I would try to splurge on this now rather than buying twice to power a later upgrade. If you can stretch the budget to get an 800-1000W PSU, it’ll keep you set for many years if you plan to stick with mid/upper level hardware.

2 Likes

Good advice here ^^^^

Only thing I feel is bad about building my own PC, is that as soon as I’m finished, I want to build another one because I enjoy the process. Just built a new one last week.

Perfectly? Not happening. Not even with this:

My preferred option is always to use pcpartpicker to select custom components and build the PC myself. If not, a specialized shop is probably better than the Dell/HPs of the world.

If you do not want to build a PC at home, there are pretty powerful alternatives in the 2000-2500 range at some online stores specialized in custom gaming rigs.

OriginPC, cyberpowerpc, Maingear, IBuyPower to name a few Stateside.

Alternatively, there may be specialized brick and mortar shops in your area that will do a custom build for you based on your list of parts, for a fee.

Here is a good baseline list of quality components, at 2000 dollars w/o monitor, mice or keyboard:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pL8Q9c

Add a UltraWide 34" 144Hz curved gaming monitor or a decent 4K 65in HDR TV, solid mice & keyboard from Logitech, you’re at about 2500:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HMckPF

The result would be much better than the Dell configuration above, and would last for much longer.
It can be improved upon, with the goal of adjusting budget or performance.

Components that are available in retail stores are always a better pick to ensure that the rig is good and purpose fit.

Big names like HP and Dell tend to use obscure / custom parts to cut costs, something that is often worse than gaming components sourced from Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Corsair, Gskill etc. It can be cheap peripherals, a slow memory kit, a weak PSU, a custom motherboard that cannot be easily used for upgrades, or a special SKU CPU or graphics card that is less potent than what is otherwise available from stores to clamp down the power budget.

As for the specs you listed:

• 12900F is a non K processor, meaning lesser clocks speeds than the 12900K you read about in reviews, also it has no onboard graphics. 12th gen Intel is two gens behind, not a bad thing per se, but there are better alternatives today.
    Basically it has lots of cores that are running slower than its siblings, to reduce power consumption. Not optimal for MSFS or gaming in general, compared to newer alternatives.
  • 5600 memory is too slow for this rig. It’s not a good match with the processor.
  • The motherboard is unknown. it is never a good idea to buy a computer without knowing what MB it is equipped with.
  • 500W for a new rig is too low. Just that is a showstopper IMHO. At best it will need replacement as soon as you change a single component. Replacing a PSU in a Dell/HP type computer can be tricky if they used a non standard size or connectors.
  • The 4070 12GB is an OK card, but it is now EOL. There are better alternatives out there. As a rule of thumb, best is to go for a 16gb graphics card with >500GB/s bandwidth for a new build to increase its lifespan, budget permitting of course.
1 Like

Just use an Alienware Aurora r16 with max specs. It’s 8000aud though, but it is worth it. I use it an d it’s perfect for any game. Also I guess it helps if you have the best internet to stream the landscape.

I have recently upgraded to a Nvidia RTX4070 Super and run a very respectful 60fps