What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Added a Trabant for fun today :slight_smile: More info at https://flightsimsquadron.com/2021/01/17/flying-trabant/

8 Likes

doing an around the world in the trusty TBM, using Orbx’s new flight-tracker Volanta(still in beta) here’s a link to the thread: NEW: Around the World, feat. Daher TBM 930 & Volanta by Orbx

Happy Flying! :airplane: :smiley:

2 Likes

ctds and old memory now?

Not my usual video this time, recorded earlier, timelapse style at Heathrow online

4 Likes

I’m still continuing my journey around the world that I started basically on release - today flying out of Libreville along the West African coast in VR, listening to Gabonian web radio. Weather is still buggy (showing thunderstorms where there are none), but apart from that, I think I’ve found my perfect relaxing mode now that VR is in.

5 Likes

I’m going to fly the routes the Top Gear Team took on their specials, first up is the Vietnam special, I have plotted the route in Little Nav Map and will be taking in the sites from the air, next will be the source of the Nile special :slight_smile: All done in the Icon A5

2 Likes

Don’t suppose you’d care to share the flightplans would you? It’s the kind of thing I’m enjoying doing at the moment - currently Route 66 in USA.

1 Like

Top Gear Vietnam.lnmpln (3.5 KB)

I’ll send the African flight plan when I have worked out the route :slight_smile:

This is the saved plan that Little Nav Map uses

Many thanks!

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

Didn’t seem to be a destination airport and LNM gets a bit uppity so I’ve added nearby Catbi VVCI. Looking forward to flying it!

1 Like

Yes MSFS needs a start and destination airport for it’s own internal flight plan, I’m only using Little Nav Map for navigation and following it’s street map whilst flying (hand flying), it gives more freedom when flying in VFR. The end destination is the drinks bar that they landied at in the converted motor bikes, not sure if it will be in the sim though, maybe just as a texture.

No, ICING!!! :joy:

2 Likes

Icing is fun… Cheers!

2 Likes

The only icing I like is on top of a tasty bun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Purchased and Installed NaviGraph.
ZAPPED all the MSFS airport files in an attempt to correct the ILS & LDA runway alignment issues… ( risky move, but nothing like “GOING FOR IT” — kinda worked …)
Have all weekend to re-install MSFS if i messed it up !!!

It beats the ctds he was having.

2 Likes

I finished my second WWT yesterday.

Specs:
98,681 NM
376.5 hours flown
Average flight: 416 NM
Average Speed: 262
Landings: 236
Personal Landing Grade Average: 8.96 (0 to 10)
Countries: 228

2 Likes

Departed Missoula and did a flight around the Flathead lands, Glacier National Park, with an arrival in St. Ignatius where my mother was born (grandfather worked for the Department of the Interior).

Yes, Chief Mountain is actually shaped that way - it’s not a spike.

It looked more like the spring thaw than the frozen Montana of lore at this time of year. A quick weather live-cams check proved the sim’s weather on the mark.

5 Likes

Did a Vatsim flight from ksfo to klax . It was busy and the A32NX mod FMC crapped out so had to hand fly the entire arrival route. Quite a workout. Can’t wait until more study level planes come!

1 Like