What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Clever AI??
During my tour of European Capitals in the CJ4 I parked up at Nicosia/Mammari Airport - no ATC so I parked on a “medium” parking spot (the Sim accepted it as valid). I should note here I use the distinctive “Silver Bullet” livery with my own reg.

I then “rented” a local C172 for a tour of Cyprus itself from what looked like the local flying club. Taxied out for takeoff - and there was my silver CJ4, nicely parked where I had left it! Note; I had closed then re-opened the Sim. TBH I didn’t see if the reg was the same, but was quite impressed that the game had “remembered” me parking there!

Which got me thinking. Are the aircraft that the sim places in airports - and incidentally also appear in Little Navmap - those from other simmers who have landed there?

3 Likes

Lafayette, LA to Beaumont, TX in the Seneca, mostly following I-10. Weather was still pretty gloomy, but thankfully the ceilings were higher. At least until I was almost to Beaumont, by that point things were getting far too risky and I should have had an alternate planned.

Turning onto I-10 west.

A town with the curious name of Iowa. Every time I see a sports field I have the urge to try and land on it, but the Seneca isn’t exactly known for its STOL capabilities.

Lake Charles, LA.

Vinton, the last town in Louisiana before crossing into Texas.

Crossing the Sabine River into Texas.

Ceilings began to drop dramatically the moment I was in Texas. I really should have turned around and stopped in Lake Charles for the day.

Finally on approach to Beaumont. In school I learned it had the highest annual rainfall of any city in Texas, and it did not disappoint.

Safe at last.

After stepping into the local FBO, I ran into a friend who asked if I’d like to tag along with him on a repositioning flight of a Citation Longitude to College Station and then fly back to Beaumont in his CJ4. How could I say no to a peek above the clouds? :slight_smile:

Weather in College Station wasn’t much of an improvement, but soon it was time to take off again in the CJ4 and head back to Beaumont.

4 Likes

See ? :nerd_face: these people don’t know nothing about flying dinosaurs… I’m gonna stop flying when they won’t solve the missing dinosaurs issue.

1 Like

My CRJ training is making progress, little by little. Today went flying from sunny San Jose, CA to Vancouver, BC, KSJC-CYVR.

Weather wasn’t so good in Vancouver.

5 Likes

I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on the CRJ myself! I promised myself I wouldn’t buy it until I had practiced enough and felt comfortable with the WT CJ4 and FBW A320.

Man I’d love to fly Jurassic Park… some Pacific island… I’d be prepared to pay for a good addin !! All dinosaurs are already there, animated dinosaurs… because they were used by Stephen Spielberg…

1 Like

Flew from Gibraltar to Nice in the A32NX

2 Likes

I found a great flight plan called I-90 Coast-to-Coast (Boston to Seattle), each leg is about an hour’s worth of travel at about 160 knots at the most. Short enough to get in a quick flying fix, all default scenery. Turned on Live Weather and the sight-seeing got IFR real when my destination field was socked in by low scud.

2 Likes

My last leg on Air Journey World Tour - made it back to North America, and transited from Anchorage to Seattle. Tough going after the technical stop at Ketchikan, heavy chop at FL310 and a 90 knot cross-wind. Was in the soup from about FL200 to about 5,000’. But safely made it to Boeing Field.

4 Likes

World Tour - Milepost 51,856:
“I think I’m going to Katmandu
That’s really, really
Where I’m going to” - Bob Seger

7 Likes

Now on the South American West coast, starting the Northward leg(s).
SCEL - SLVR - SPJC (Santiago Chile, Bolivia, Lima)

FL350 and starting to getting nervous…

3 Likes

Awesome, I’ve been looking forward to retracing some of the road trips of my childhood after I finish my current coastline tour.

I’ve started to map my flying in MSFS on a webmap here. Please check it out and let me know if you have a must-see i should include on my tours around the globe!

A last glimpse of Europe near Tarifa, Spain, before heading for Africa, the Atlantic Ocean and finally, Brazil.

4 Likes

Great map ! My tips, it depends on your field of interest of course, but I’d advise to have a look at Amsterdam over night, that part of the Netherlands has great lights. And I notice Borobudur is missing… great POI… and take a look at Galapagos Islands ! Coast is beautiful.

1 Like

Hijacked…sorry, poor choice of words there.

Selected an existing flight plan to get these early morning pics.

And Rufus was a little testy yesterday.

2 Likes

Galapagos sounds like a great idea… ive only just arrived in Fortaleza from Africa… So next up is crossing the Amazon basin via Bolivia, then over the Andes and then Galapagos could be a next stop before heading up the west-coast…
Never heard of Borobudur… but hey… definitly going to travel through that whole area in order to get down under… one day.

1 Like

If you have Netflix, you should watch the “Magic Andes”. It will really give you sweaty palms landing in those airports!

I plan to fly the same route in the FBW A320.

2 Likes

Brandon and Clermont Florida have been visited, tonight I do Daytona Beach! I’m looking forward to all the cool attractions in that city!

3 Likes

A quick detour in the DA62 whilst on a FBW A32nx trip around the world :rofl: :metal: :airplane: ROAH to ROKR and back.

6 Likes

testflight for BN-2, is worthless to buy !

1 Like