What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

This is included with the Aircraft Base Pack.
Flying the TopRudder inspired us to revisit another unusual Aircraft.

This Livery comes with the Cri Cri pack.

ps. When the proud owner had finished all that polishing and titivating he sat down with a nice Cup of Tea and carried on Knitting a Pullover for his Pride and Joy.

3 Likes

Unless the last guy is a multiple amputee, Id have to say that looks pretty Photoshoped to meā€¦where the hell are his legs?

Today I learned, auto-thrust is my enemy. It has crashed me plenty times before, but this time I tried landing the A320 in the training section to see if I could wrap my head around the auto-thrust. Nope, two horrible ā€˜landingsā€™ in a row (at least the instructor has some humor, complaining about the dents I left in the runway)

So, 3rd time I turn the auto thrust off, buttery smooth landing. To confirm, I did the Hachijojima landing challenge, 1.5 million points on the first attempt, without auto-thrust. Automation kills.

Back to GA planes, much more fun to fly.

I am continually amazed at the attention to detail and I notice something new every flight.
Here are a few.

1. Flying one night I landed at my local airport KRGA. When I parked I notice how huge the moon was and then remembered we had a ā€œBlood Moonā€ that evening which is a moon that appears unusually large. I went outside and there it was exactly as I saw it in the sim.
  2. I was flying in the morning and looked over at my tach in the 152 and I could not see the instrument and realized it was the glare from the sun behind me absolutely realistic effect. Moved my head to a different angle and the glare faded as I moved my head with the TrackIr.
  3. Same flight , I was in the cockpit of the 152 and went to exterior view then came back inside the cockpit and the effect was like my eyes were adjusting. Initially I could not read the gauges and then my eyes adjusted and everything came into focusā€¦ā€¦never expected that.
2 Likes

There they are.

1 Like

Also had ATC contact me to make sure I spotted traffic at my 10 oā€™clock to make sure we were aware of each other. Do not remember that in fsx.

Paro to Bangkok taught me the real reason not to sleep in the cockpit.
Someone will steal your knobs!

Thankfully they returned them before landingā€¦ but not much before.

My S7 A320 is falling apart. It may be time to try the Fly By Wire version.

1 Like

Itā€™s more than likely the author of the Vid having a laugh.
The Cri Cri is such an amazing and versatile little Aircraft and most certainly a must have if you like zipping about and exploring.
Thereā€™s a Tent in the small compartment behind the Seat although we would have preferred to see a Parachute.

The Float Cri Cri.

Prop Version.

Hereā€™s an Angelic review of the mini Marvel.

ps There are 2 Latches to open the Canopy.

1 Like

AT in the A320, start approach AT set for 220-200 kntsā€¦start approach dial down AT to 170-180 flaps down to 1st position, cross over the runway lights pull the thrust all the way back nose up and bam your down, if you start to bounce on landing, advance the thrust ever so slightly and then re-flare and land (or run off the end of the runway lol).

AT is great for this, just have to get used to using it. I have a lever on my throttle stick set so I can + or - the speed in auto pilot for this very use. I usually switch it off and do the last couple of feet without it but the above works for me 99% of the time the other 1% well I just wasnt paying attention or lag ;p

See in the photo it looks correct I can see that ā€˜pilotā€™ fitting in the cockpit, but in the original post the last pic for the vid, that dude looks alot larger then the pilot in the last one you posted. Maybe it was just the angle that the shot was takin for.

1 Like

in the FBW A32X NEO did some go around practice at Melbourne and simulated an engine fire during one of the climb outs, for the first time.

I am really quite impressed with how the Airbus handled single engine flight

I have a lever as well and Iā€™m not quite sure what it does when auto thrust is on. Does it set the target speed instead of thrust?

Last night I did a long flight with the A320 from parking spot, cold and dark, to parking spot, IFR. It was actually a lot of fun. I drove ATC crazy with my altitude requests due to some weird weather (live weather) where the air temperature had crazy wild swings. ATC took its revenge rapid firing altitude assignments on descent lol.

I already had a lot of trouble with auto thrust on descent. Every adjustment I made to the ā€˜throttleā€™ seemed to translate in either the engines going way down, losing too much speed, or going full blast into over speed. Once I turned off auto thrust I could descent normally at a constant speed.

I had to turn auto pilot off completely due to some weird bug or something else I donā€™t understand. I was trying to use the heading bug for the approach, yet the bug kept snapping back to my current travel direction. It would move but as soon as I let the button go it snapped back to current direction.

So I turned AP off, auto thrust off, steered the approach myself and had a great landing. Iā€™m using the standard in game A320, is it buggy? Iā€™m probably just using it wrong. Although for half the flight the panels and buttons went missing inside the cockpit. An old bug Iā€™ve had in GA planes as well.

Anyway, the IFR flight plan worked flawlessly, no fps / memory issues during the flight and AP didnā€™t crash me, a night and day difference with my experience early on with airliners!

2 Likes

Darwin to Broome, Australia, in the TBM. Half way round Australia. 3 days to go to get back to Brisbane. What a huge island!

1 Like

Took off at Quenstown ā€¦ and Beyond !

4 Likes

Monsoon season in the western US. Leaving GYR for the long treck back to GFD.

Donā€™t mind me folks. Just passing by is allā€¦

1 Like

Today is not a good day for screenshots because the satellite images donĀ“t work, but I revisited an old airfield I found and liked in FSX - and tried to conquer that mountain with a Robin DR400 in a thunderstorm.
(Hint: The Robin DR400 has such a weak engine this bushcraft adventure did not end wellā€¦)

(By the way does anyone know what this red light saying ā€œESSENCE BAS NIVEAUā€ means?)

1 Like

something like ā€œgas low levelā€ ā€“ presumably ā€œlow fuelā€?

Exploring Peru and finally taking a look at the freebie Macchu Picchu that comes with the excellent Project Coastline Italy package, I admit to using active pause and switching to the drone for a minuteā€¦

7 Likes

Thanks to the new joystick that now finally fully works with the new Flight Sim I did the smoooooothest landing ever with an Air France Airbus after flying around over New York a little bit.

2 Likes

I have two buttons on the throttle set. 1 sets the speed on the autopilot and one sets the altitude up or down. On the joystick I have 1 button that AT on or off.

you need to pull your throttle back to about 50% (this will make the AT work )maybe a little more you see a light on the left top left display change to I dont remember think its speed youā€™ll have to play with it a bit to figure it out for sure,

So now were in the plane cruising at whatever altitude, and its time to start your approach I used to practice KCLE to KERI its a 20 min flight in an airliner so you get some of that time in between as well.

Sorry , so any ways your ready to start your approach, by now you should have slowed to about 250 knts, proceed on course when you get ready to turn lower your speed to 180 knts, deploy flaps to 10 degrees after your speed decreases below 200knts, make sure AT is still engaged, so any way lol your all lined up flaps down steady speed, when you hit about 5 mi out deploy your gear down. Now just gently cruise down to the runway.
When you hit the runway pull throttles all way back and deploy brake, if you have reverse thrust bound to something you can use that too, I only use it on real short fields. When you pull thrust all the way back *(off) the AT should switch off as well.

If you bounce when you land, give it a little thrust, and then reduce the thrust and continue on, making sure you still have enough runway to stop in front of you.

Sorry kinda babbling, but thats how I was taught to do it. Ive been doing long enough I can do it with my eyes closedā€¦

If you want more info, ask away Iā€™ll try to be a little more coherent next time .

One more babble, youā€™ll have to do the altitude part kind of yourself, I usually have to climb to get to and approach level of 1800ā€™, youā€™ll probably be flying alot high then that so youā€™ll have to decrease altitude to where your landing. I dont play with ATC so this is all barnstorming flying ;p