What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Late afternoon flight in Alaska from Anchorage Intl. (PANC) to Cold Bay (PACD). Thanks for the engineers who came up with ILS, other wise I would have landed in the drink. Visibility at Cold Bay was limited to a point I thought I will never see land, but trusting the instruments and AP, I made it.

3 Likes

Again 5 hours of mods sorted.
Started and landed at XY yesterday, today the system crashed in the same place again. I’m getting mad…

Mc Ghee Tyson KTYS

2 Likes

Nothing!
Because my aircraft of choice [broken since SU5] is, and remains, broken.
Grrrrrr!

1 Like

Completed a flight from Madeira to Gibraltar in the A320neo on my Series X. The only gripes I had was with the pressure bug, ATC kept asking me to expedite the climb I’d already reached and the navigation bug where my plane would suddenly veer off course.

Well, i have been flying in HDR for the first time (up to when the family wanted the TV back).

3 Likes

Something! Sim’s been working fine since that spate of jitters last week - the photogrammetry issue? Have only been using scenery/liveries showing compatibility with SU5 (green bar at flightsim.to), with a few dares on liveries, checking myself. So, I naively took the spit up for a patrol of the east midlands- Duxford, down to London, up to Manchester, over to Hull, and I ran out of gas on the way to Duxford. One of our planes is missing.

Could this be the refinery used in Quatermass 2?

I never cease to be amazed at how I can fly over London without the awful frame hits of P3D/FSX.

The Yorkshire helipad, all updated for SU5. Now to have a quick jaunt to the hospital in Leeds.

6 Likes

Hour 10 of failure search has come. I finally circled the culprit on 3 candidates.
Love SU05 somehow.

2 Likes

First thing I managed to do in this sim, actually:

Plugged in an XBox controller since keyboard/mouse controls just weren’t cutting it.

Then I took off from KGJT (Grand Junction CO) to fly past the BookCliffs, and up Debeque Canyon following the Colorado River. Buzzed my family’s old ranch near Battlement Mesa, did some more river-following up to Glenwood Springs… then attempted to land at KGWS and smacked a ridge near Colorado College. Ouch.

2 Likes

Blown away with how good London looks

… & yes all my settings are correct.

4 Likes

I flew from Vermont VT57 to Grimes Airport in the Cessna 172 g1000 Amphib it actually is incredible how rural North West PA is next long flight series is definitely in the citation longitude

1 Like

Today flew from Tromso to Archangelsk in default A320NEO. Incredible clouds and start to flight especially pushing up through overcast, rainy weather into clear blue sky.

Unfortunately the later stages of the flight after descent were rather sickening. Firstly atc ceased to contact us after clearing our descent to 17000ft.
Then the NAV started messing up in the later stages of the STAR. Instead of overlying the NAVAID at airfield and flying beacon outbound it just went straight to orbiting overhead runway threshold.
In the absence of atc instructions and the FMC NAV working properly, just had to use manual HDG to intercept localise.

Then a few seconds before touchdown all the screens went black. Luckily at the point I no longer needed anything but to look outside and apply reverse thrust and braking.

Would be nice if these ridiculous bugs could be ironed out in the Sep 7th update. Instead of continual additional landmarks and world scenery upgrade, it would be nice to fly a simple IFR flight in what is a very dumbed down A320NEO to begin with and then follow with scenery once the basics are in place. Also the lack of pushback at airports because the largest gate is Ramp GA Medium Examples include Aberdeen, Innsbruck, Newquay Airport (St Mawgan is an old outdated name still being used in the game).
Every airport with over 5500ft runway and sees a319 or b737 and has an obvious terminal building needs GATE MEDIUM or RAMP GA Large at the very least. A320 goes to a lot of such airports.

1 Like

Took @DEAN01973 's lovely Stearman up for an early morning stooge around Carcassone in south west France…

Edit: should have also namechecked @thalixte 's great addon for the medieval city of Carcassonne!

8 Likes

Got mad because PG was terrible for the last couple of days, so I moved the 4k, cleaned the office and hooked up the 1080i and took these:

As I spotted the spot light on the field, Ted Nudgents Stranglehold came on over the box so I cranked it up and went for it…Song ended just as I touched down couldnt of timed it any better Muahahahah!

3 Likes

Took the BN Islander on a short cargo hop from KMSP to KDLH. Thick cloud blanket from around 2000 feet up to 11000 feet in the live weather. Not much to see on the cruise.

Plotted the approach using the approach path charts on FltPlan Go and had it lined up just about perfectly as I punched through the clouds on approach to DLH and enjoyed the sunset as I set her down.

7 Likes

What do you mean by correct?

This happens in other parts of the world too… since update 5 graphical artefacts glitches and texture corruption…

1 Like
6 Likes

… watch out for the submarines! :slight_smile:

(they’re actually on the Hood Canal side, not the Sound side.)

Morning Departing KELP El Paso Texas

2 Likes