What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

3 Likes

Just started Leg 2 of my Australian Outback Trip. Travelling from Broken Hill to Alice Springs. Read original post for more info: What did you do in MFS today? - #4187 by ItzJxck01

UPDATE: Flight completed. Elapsed time was 4 hours 23 minutes. Used 75% of my fuel.

Departing Broken Hill

Cruising at FL120

Descending into Alice Springs

Landing at Alice Springs

4 Likes

And this guy’s scenery is worth the praise.

CYYC Calgary to CYVR Vancouver over Rocky Mountains at FL320.
Just after sunset.

1 Like

Slowly easing back into MSFS since taking some time off after SU5.
Completed some truly great flights in the past few days, and about to tackle that nasty looking front in the Caravan :grimacing:
Azure dropped out half way through my last flight, happen to anyone else?

2 Likes

Am I the only one having problems with the A320 Neo Autopilot not working correctly? I have to change the flight model mid flight to legacy, and the autopilot works fine after somewhat after that. I’ve also been having problems with approaches. Once I have autopilot on, and the aircraft is following the green line to it’s destination. I got into the Mcdu to setup my approach the A320 neo autopilot than doesn’t follow where the yellow line is setup for the approach to my destination. For example I took off from KLAX going to KRDU the approach there wouldn’t work. I change my destination back to klax the autopilot, and Approach works again.

I setup my approach to Raleigh, NC KRDU ILS23R
It wouldn’t work. I than changes my destination back to KLAX and setup the approach ILS25R everything worked fine until I crashed.

1 Like

I’ve been continuing my tour of Britain in the Cesna 172. Started at the top end of Scotland in the Orkeny Islands and been doing short hops including Inverness, Edinbrough, Newcastle and landed in Leeds today.

I’m really enjoying flying in the windy and cloudy conditions. With poor visibility outside the cockpit I’ve been forced to use the instruments and fly with the cockpit view. I’m still a beginner so it’s such a learning experience…

With the slowness of the Cesna 172 I find 40 minute hops are the most fun. I get bored with longer flights.

Lowlite for me was seeing Edinbrough castle floating in the air. Gee I would have thought such an iconic building would be properly rendered.
Anyway I am making my way down to London Next.

3 Likes

Flew our Airwolf and Blue Thunder mods together at Monument Valley:

3 Likes

Only thing missing is the secret desert lair in a butte. Airwolf looks more stable than Blue Thunder. Would love to fly both with some more developments.

2 Likes

We did find it challenging to do formation flying and crashed heaps of times. Also comes down to the skill of the pilot (I was flying Airwolf in that video, @kingdmac3365 was flying Blue Thunder) :slight_smile:

I flew Blue Thunder in this video:

4 Likes

Weekend off - YouTube

Been away for a week so it was nice to get back to the sim with the latest update! All seems good…

LEMD to EGGW, welcome back to the lovely UK weather :rofl:

Must remember to select the sim screen when taking screenshots though, the VATSIM app doesn’t show the landing very well #doh

Flying from KSPS (Sheppard Air Force base) to KMEM (Memphis) part of my short hop world trip.

3 Likes

Bought the Dubai scenery as it was only 4 quid in the marketplace and it looks absolutely fantastic :beers:

5 Likes

Just done Part/Leg 3 of my Outback Australian trip. Read more on it here: Australian Outback Trip | Cirrus SR22

1 Like

After several days of struggle, reinstallation, memory tests, etc… I found the source of the problem (unplug your USBs if you have CTDs, mine were caused by an external DAC).

So I made up with FS and I flew a rich client from Megève LFHM to a fancy restaurant in the mountains nearby.
Nice flight, I landed back in Megève just before the storm.

I wasn’t invited to stay for the meal :frowning:

1 Like

Jaws location flight to Amity Island (Martha’s Vineyard). Chrissie’s Beach. [Tom Cassidy] Where are we going? [Christine ‘Chrissie’ Watkins]: Swimming!

Chief Brody’s seaside home. They’re in the “yahd”, not too “fah” from the “cah”.

Martin, it’s all psychological. You yell barracuda, everybody says, “Huh? What?” You yell shark, we’ve got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July. (the ferry to actual Chappaquiddick Island)

Mr. Vaughn, what we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, an eating machine. It’s really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks, and that’s all. Now, why don’t you take a long, close look at this sign. [refers to the graffitied billboard]

Amity Port will be busy come the July Fourth holiday. [to reporter] I’m pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have, in fact, caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But, as you see, it’s a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means “friendship”.

[Artist]: Sh-Shark! The shark! He’s going into the pond! The shark’s in the estuary!

I’m not talkin’ ‘bout pleasure boatin’ or day sailin’. I’m talkin’ ‘bout workin’ for a livin’. I’m talkin’ ‘bout sharkin’!

[Quint]: He can’t stay down with three barrels. Not with three barrels, he can’t.
[Brody]: What about us?

[Brody]: What day is this?
[Hooper]: It’s Wednesday… eh, it’s Tuesday, I think.
[Brody]: Think the tide’s with us?
[Hooper]: Keep kicking.
[Brody]: I used to hate the water…
[Hooper]: I can’t imagine why.

Back to Otis

3 Likes

Helicopters are more and more popular in this thread :wink:. Is your this one ? AFS H145 - Early Access Civilian, Luxury & Military Variant Bundle | Hype Performance Group

2 Likes

Took off from Mauritius heading to Nairobi, Kenya.

3 Likes

Yarp, though I love the freeware H-135, by them, as well. This one’s a piece of cake compared to it… all that luxury.