What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky, try to take over the world.

2 Likes

Early morning departure from KLGA en route KCHS at Fl430 in the Citation. Great flight.

5 Likes

visited the Falls today…

8 Likes

USA update or 3rd party?
I haven’t been there yet.

USA update

1 Like

Checking out the US Update Monument Valley which, for me at least, needs Jeppeson2001’s additional scenery to flesh a wider area out. Well done everyone!

7 Likes

The falls look great from that altitude.

they really do. I got lucky. Weather could have been better though.

Finally did my leg from Faroe Islands to Island in the Savage Carbon. Had a slight tailwind.

VFR, time and heading, not auto pilot. Planned on 1h 42 minutes, eventually took 1h 49 minutes.

Heading: 309, IAS 120kts, distance: 240 nm, wind 140 degrees 21 kts. Used windy.com to correct for the wind.

Clouds were low (~ 1000 - 2000 ft), temperature at 2000 ft was about 5°C so safe for icing. Obviously couldn’t fly through clouds, so I stayed underneath the whole time.

Weather was wonderful, tip: do not plan an around the world tour on the hemisphere where it’s winter:

What could possibly go wrong:

Just this for about 1,5 hours:

Coming closer to my ETA, I see something that might be land, but not sure, will it ever end?

Oh my oh my, it IS land, and a light in the distance. I’ll head into the light.

literally still not sure where I actually am, but glad that is over

There’s even a building this time:

Can’t believe it, MSFS knows where I am, and it’s exactly where I was planning to be. Crazy:

Glad I made it, but really boring! Hopefully now some nice flights in Iceland instead of ocean and clouds.

5 Likes

Nice one!! Love your description and journey planning :ok_hand:

Took off from Hilo on the Island of Hawai’i to check out the observatory on top of Mauna Kea.
As i took flight the little plane was struggling to gain altitude, with the effectiveness of the engine dropping down as the altitude got higher. Finally arriving at about 13.000 feet, i flew over the observatory and tried to take some screens, only to have greenshot (my screenshooter) take a couple of pics of my desktop, so i only have one decent one of flying over a radar dish that was lower than the actual observatory. After checking out the observatory i landed on Upolo airport on the North end of the Island. (of which greenshot decided my desktop was more interesting once again, ugh)

Anyways, still some nice screens of the early morning flight. (i switched to live time as i reached the top of the mountain to have some more light on the subjects)

6 Likes

If you’re doing an RTW, east to west will likely give you headwinds for most water crossings above 45° north. I started in Minnesota and I thought about going west until I had a look at prevailing winds. I’m in St Petersburg, Russia and have had a push most of the way.

Interesting journey. Nice flying low and slow. Looks like too many trees for Iceland.

After a flight to Lukla yesterday with a buddy, I took a look at Everest. Couldn’t get back to Lukla due to the real weather and some rather nasty turbulence! So ended up back at Phaplu which was a lot easier :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Flew the entire British coastline in my favourite airplane in the sim so far, after the obligatory Mach Loop circuit :smiley: when the sim is good…it’s REALLY good and a great way to reach 100 hours (upload://iRPulOVVRBm9AntY5AmZ9aMa8yc.jpeg)

4 Likes

checked out Taku0707’s Tokyo Disney (three years teaching and touring and I never went in person). It looks great. Tie that in with the Japan Update and Samscene 3D and Tokyo is gorgeous, making me very nostalgic. Now, I just have to find the Tokyo Midnight Diner.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Spent 6 1/2 hours waiting for the game to install, only to have it download around 17Gb of data over a gigabit connection in that time frame. Whatever. Had this same experience at launch. Come back 15 minutes later and the installer has crashed. Restart the installer and it refuses to download anything. Progress bar continues to reset and the info box resets constantly, informing me that its attempting restart whatever package its trying to download.

Another hour passes; no progress. Fine. Axe the entire thing and start completely over.

Currently sitting and waiting for the install. See you in roughly 32-36 hours if this continues.

I’ve just flown over the falls from New York to Toronto in the 787, a bit higher than you were. I intend to fly round Toronto and Niagara tomorrow in a Cessna. Great screenshot

Thank you.
I believe I was 1700’ above ground when I took the pic.

Nothing. Couldn’t face launching it in case of more bugs.