What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I flew in the Cirrus from Catalina to Long Beach. In game weather showed clear sky’s which was wrong. REX weather gave me about 90% correct although ATIS still spits out random stuff. Overall a good flight as I flew the localizer into RW30. I had just stayed at the Marriott hotel next to 30 so it was cool to see it correctly on final. Taxied and parked. It was enjoyable

1 Like

Been attempting to fly the C Caravan in New Guinea with live weather into some unbelievable dirt strips in the mountains. Not all went well… :rofl:
Hats off to the the guys who do it for real.

2 Likes

Thanks, I kind of knew that (the winds are usually from the West here as well) but never considered when I decided to travel West, good to know.

Luckily I keep most legs quite small so a headwind is usually not an issue. For this big leap, I waited for some tailwind.

1 Like

Some settings (Bing Data!) got disabled automatically at some point. So the screenshots are with less than ideal scenery. Not sure if that influences the trees though. Never been to iceland, sadly. I was just happy to see a runway :stuck_out_tongue:

138 countries under my belt, and only 103 to go… Maybe its time that I get out and clean the windshield? At least it’s time to get the old gal serviced?

43,416 NM traveled so far, and 169:35 hours later. Good times!

2 Likes

Looks awesome - ignorant question, but where can I download this? What is the plane? I def want something to enjoy the (soon to be updated) UK coastline…

Check out @GotGravel’s Savage Carbon, a spiced up version of the standard Zlin Savage:

2 Likes

Not sure if right thread - can someone recommend a plugin that gives me a bit more purpose when I’m flying. I forget the name - you take passengers, they rate your landings, etc? Much appreciated )

Today I saw this just after take-off. When it works, it really works. What a scene.

7 Likes

You could check this one out:

There’s also FS Economy and some commercial packages like On Air and Air Hauler. But I don’t know those.

1 Like

Thank you Monk!

Sunrise over Gulf Islands, BC

5 Likes

Checked out Hiroshima yesterday. A creator, FreakyD has been building up several cities in Japan, Hiroshima being one of them. I’ve been there twice, so seeing familiar buildings and streets is the draw of this game. So looking forward to the coming of helicopters.

5 Likes

The add on you are referring to is Self-Loading Cargo. Its an old one but still fun, in fact it’s a hoot when things get rowdy in the back. Link below. There is a video on it too.

Self-Loading Cargo

Heading down the West Coast of Africa. Angola Big Skies:

4 Likes

Are those Tundra tires?!
BTW very cool-I’ve flown a 172 over those islands a few times in real life.

yes they are.
got the mod here:

1 Like

Tested my new Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, I am finally happy with the performance in every possible scenario.

2 Likes

Took my Cessna Citation Longitude to 40,000 feet… because I can.

Jim-Sim

2 Likes

On my South-American tour.

1 Like