What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

5 Likes

@GentlestCurve98 @LameLefty

Please do not post or make reference to any map data streaming that isn’t Bing; the official streaming data.

Thank you.

Really enjoying using the MCDU on my iPad with the latest dev version of the FBW A32NX. Never seen anything like this for flight simulator before, very cool stuff!

5 Likes

Lower Loon Creek flight with the worst weather conditions. For some intense icing adventures.
I could not resist getting the Turbo Arrow because it has great and realistic engine management, engine failures, engine maintenance, no disgusting G1000 cockpit - and a T-tail and a turbo. Oh and study-level including all circuit breakers functional and more… :ok_hand: Which means it has everything I want from a plane.

Even with overboosting the engine and the overboost warning light on it´s a truly difficult start. Not even the Mooney M20 can do this.

Finally airborn.

Unfortunately the Arrow is not a winter plane.

Oh oh…

Where are the deicing switches, where are they…

Getting ready for emergency landing.

Aw nothing beats a warm container home - surrounded with Yetis!

One of the BEST cockpits ever designed. You can go to … all G1000 cockpits with no spirit no flair and no uniqué character!

This will be the shelter until the weather clears. :slight_smile:

Oh many people might think “meh why should I get something like this booooooring slow Arrow when I can get all these jets?” - I can assure you this plane is one of the best! Unlike all these trash-jets barely resembling what you see in REAL fighter jet simulators pumped out monthly the Turbo Arrow is absolute beautyfully crafted.
With utmost attention to detail a wonderful steam cockpit with realistic illumination and perfect textures awaits the pilot. Endless gauges everywhere and engine management, engine failure, engine maintenance, realistic turbo and overboost functions and more are simulated to get some intense PMDG Cloudmaster feeling and realism. Overall a PERFECT plane!
(And by the way I cannot navigate with this GPS edition I think it´s called GNS120 or something - but it looks absolute gorgeous and fits the overall style of the cockpit mood perfectly. You can if course activate a GNS750 with huge screen for perfect VFR navigation too, just like in the Carenado Mooney M20 and the Carenado Seneca V. But this old GPS triggers my interest and I will see if there are YouTube tutorial videos to learn how to navigate with this and to see how realistic it´s simulated :slight_smile: )

***** out of five stars for the little cozy romantic and wonderfully crafted with perfect attention to detail study-level Arrow.

5 Likes

I do love the JF Arrows with their simplistic avionics but sometimes the G1000 has its place. Right now I’m doing an Americas tour in the Quest Kodiak and I can’t imagine navigating through the cloudy valleys of southern Chile without synthetic vision and the overall situational awareness the G1000 gives you, especially with the ever-evolving NXi-mod.

For pure VFR flying though I totally agree with you. I’m really excited for the Twin Otter with its steam gauge cockpit. I bought the Milviz Porter a couple of months ago in hope for a steam gauge version but for some reason it’s never released :frowning:

1 Like

NZ is fortunate to be one of the best represented countries in the world inside of MSFS. Be sure to check out NZA Simulations who have a great bunch of both freeware and payware airports released. Flightbeam’s NZWN isn’t far away, there’s a great NZNP working it’s way towards release and NZA have been posting teasers of both NZCH and NZMC that will enhance the country even further!

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip.

1 Like

I just made it in from work. Wheels up in 10, headed from KDSF (Louisville, KY) to KCTL (Charlotte, NC)

3 Likes

@zkdos that’s great link firstly.

My favourite place to fly is New Zealand. Some brilliant scenery and some real challenges. However, does the link accommodate us Xbox simmers?

1 Like

Inbound to a challenging airport, Narsarsuaq Greenland, with my B737-MAX-8 home cockpit.

6 Likes

I flew from Islamabad to Multan in the A320neo (Asobo Version) with live weather. Everything looked fantastic, clouds and rain. I nailed the landing no problem.

C172, vicinity of Nice, France

5 Likes

Totally agree. It’s an awesome idea that’s really well implemented.

Looks cold, but that is summer for Antarctica. What is winter? :rofl:

Flight in the FBW A32NX from EGGD to EGPH cruising at FL240, quite a bit of turbulence and head winds of 100Kts+

4 Likes

Leg 5 of Weather Escape Tour. From Casablanca in Morocco to Gran Canaria in the Spanish Canary Islands. The next flight will be down to Cape Verde, either Espargos, Boa Vista or Praia, which do you recommend?

Nice flight but take a look at the jetways in Casablanca at the start. All the jetways are messed up and cut through the middle of where the aircraft park. :weary:

That aside quite a nice flight straight towards the rapid fading Winter sun. The winds aloft were very much in line with that forecasted in real life at the various different heights. Live traffic also, the flight paths were real but the lag is +5 minutes as calculated with flightradar24 feed which is within +10seconds of reality.

1 Like

Took the Riva for another spin today!

2 Likes

checked my brakes today…

6 Likes

I like the livery! I worked for AA (sort of, actually Sabre the reservations people) for a bit so flew ‘non-rev’ with AA for a few short years. Happy days…

Winter Escape - St. Barts to St.Thomas

Snow-bound in Real Life, so joyride around the Caribbean!

5 Likes