What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

LEPA/EKCH on VATSIM with Real Weather working perfectly. After many months with VPilot disconnecting non stop, I finally found the solution to the problem, and can enjoy seeing all the other airliners flying arround me, during a busy Friday evening in Europe!!
Now I just have to use a day reading and testing how to make the modelmatching vmr files work, because i was flying in a world of A320 Neos and 747-8 and 787-10s. But I wasn’t getting disconnected all the time. It was already a nice victory :partying_face:

4 Likes

Flew the latest experimental version of the FBW A320neo from Los Ángeles to San Francisco. This version includes a fully functioning TCAS and many other improvements.

1 Like

I just tried to perform a landing & the whole TV screen went black seconds before touchdown. So I basically wasn’t able to do anything in MSFS today.

On my Xbox Series X, I flew the ICON A5 from Key West to Pineville, Louisiana, about 9.5 hours, earning my Saddle Sore achievement.

2 Likes

0V7 to KTEX which is now one of my favorite approaches, I was stunned by the beauty of the scenery and landing at rwy 09 was such an experience

4 Likes

Fought most of the day with the sim trying to get it to run decent, since the patch live weather seems to have tanked my machine, reinstalled physx turned on live weather, better but still kinda of eh…But this is what I saw between KCLE and KBUF…

The live weather kicked in (after about 10 min) and I thought I lost my terrain LOD until I got closer:

And realized it was snow cover, though Lake Erie isnt frozen yet, so theres that issue there to the left,

I thought the ice looked solid enough, so I headed out over that way, and put down on the ice cap, I rolled to a stop and then fell through the ice … didnt think to snap that failure LOL!!!

3 Likes

More fun in the FlyingIron Spitfire. I just finally - after almost a year and a half with the sim - got some rudder pedals this week, and I’m trying to get used to them. Retraining my muscle memory to use my legs for the rudder instead of trying to twist my joystick, and use the pedal toe-brakes instead of clicking a button to actuate the brakes, is tough after so long. And this landing shows it, lol.

2 Likes

Made a compilation video of some of the mods @kingdmac3365 and I made over the year in 2021 -
Thanks all for your support !

2 Likes

Hours in VR <3

On departure from runway 27 KSAN San Diego beautiful clouds sunset.

4 Likes

Adjusting to playing with motion reprojection off and enjoying the smoothness and sharpness.

I flew the newly updated DA62 out of Huddersfield airport (both freeware on flightsim.to) and then took the King Air down the length of the Isle of Man.

Loving the live weather, ability to use the toolbar in VR along with reverse thrust working as normal!

Then tried some landing challenges, Lukla, Quito, and Bulgaga.

1 Like

Had a huge amount of fun flying around Monument Valley in the United States. The scenery is just stunning and my aircraft is beautiful, and I tested if Microsoft Flight Simulator is aware of density altitude. If it is, and you go to the weather panel (the cloud icon) and increase the temperature, your engine should have to work harder, and you will have reduced engine power, at least at elevations above 4000 feet above sea level, and monument valley is at 5100 something odd feet.

The result? MSFS works perfectly. Unlike some other flight simulators. I have been having controller issues lately but tonight they’re not bothering me, and I’m able to fly.

This is awesome.

4 Likes

Love the photos and the storytelling. One of the first times I took off in my Turbo Arrow I had a similar experience. I was just learning the aircraft so didn’t realize there was no deicing to speak of… needless to say it was a quick trip back. :slight_smile: One of the things I really like is the sound mix as well. They did a very good job with that.

Big fan of the Turbo. Have you purchased the Kodiak? I’m really liking that plane as well.

What is “motion reprojection?”

I too love the Nat Geo liveries!

Prior to today I had only done a full canyon run under 3500 with two planes, the F-22 and the CY-57.

Today, I completed under 3500 with two more planes, the F-16 and the F-14. The F-14 being way more difficult as it’s much heavier, but more rewarding because of it.

1 Like

Just spend some money of Simple Traffic and download the vmr for it. Easy to find with google and else just PM me. Worth every penny!

Sorry not 100% sure on that, I’m a PC user myself!

Motion reprojection is a feature used in VR

1 Like

Little trip around New England while pretending to drop off aircraft to their owners. Not sure where I’ll be headed to next. Started in Nantucket and I’m currently north of Hartford.

Kack–>kbos Beechcraft King Air
Kbos–>Kpsm Robin DR400
Kpsm–>khie Caproni Vizzola C-22J
Khie–>kbdl Cessna Citation CJ4

1 Like