What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I landed here (see the little yellow plane in the middle of the picture), in the Himalayas, at 4100m altitude!

4 Likes

Hayward Executive in San Francisco CA to Viva Las Vegas NV. 01:20:00 ETE thanks to the PT-6A Vertigo. Had to carefully manage climbouts as FLC is still defective on seemingly G3X equipped birds (it’s something to do with the AP, not the Garmin). Hazy Palo Alto, hot and dry once we got out to the desert passing Palmdale and the restricted airspace around China Lake NWS. Managed the descent for a good curve into 8L, sidestepping to 8R.

4 Likes

Departure from Luke AFB, Phoenix Arizona for low level operations over the Verde River.

Cruising to waypoint at 22,000ft

The Verde River below and a break in the clouds, let’s break here and roll down to see if we have our 900ft letterbox to proceed VFR

5G break

Low level over the township of Cottonwood pictured from the ground, everyone racing out of their homes to find that the racquet is indeed a military plane

Some GoPro shots from the Cockpit Low Level over the Verde

Low level high Alpha manoeuvre from ground level

Very noisy egress with a touch of reheat, a picture you can literally hear!

5 Likes

Enjoyed some new and old add-ons around Jamaica. First time there as well.

3 Likes

Wow! When did this happen?

A 172 flushed in the moonlight:

Getting experience with the PC-6 taking short passenger flights around Paris (aka: ■■■■ this title is insanely cool!):

1 Like

I decided to do this leg 100% on manual, no autopilot, no external view and thus I flew from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (DNAA) to Bafoussam Airport (FKKU). I had a lot less chance to admire the view, but I had my moments:

(No cheating I only had the drone more for the screenshot)

I also tried to remain around the altitude where clouds were and had fun zigzagging between them

All in all this was a fun flight

2 Likes

Nice, but get that disgusting stock G1000 away from me!

Finished a journey around the world, participating in this event: Around the World Event

Flew over 33.000 NM in the JF Hawk T1 (“main route”)

plus a lot of “intermissions” in other aircraft, so overall more than 48.000 NM and over 135 hrs of flight time.

Here are some of my favorite screenshots from this journey:

Suez:

Cairo in a PT-17 Stearman:

Dubai:

Mumbai:

Himalayas:

Ko Hong Island (Thailand):

Hong Kong:

Mt. Fuji:

Deline (CYWJ - Canada - Northwest Territories):

Cook Inlet (Alaska):

Harvard Glacier (Alaska):

NYC:

London:

Somewhere high over England:

More in my visual diary (and sorry for posting more than 10 pictures :slight_smile:)

14 Likes

I purchased a Embraer 170/175 & Boeing 777-200ER & Jetliner School expansion pack…
Then I worked out the 777-200ER wasn’t as cool as a 777-200LR and the Embraer’s autopilot is annoying and forces you to do manual takeoffs and landings because it’s so terrible at being an aeroplane unless it’s in the sky, and likes to lose power unexplained on approach even when you’re flying it yourself, but I still love it for fitting at the terminal gate in Eugene (KEUG), jetway and all, even if you can’t customise the registration and choose a fictional livery for it. I’m learning to like it.
I’m able to get British Airways in and out of Eugene from London with it, but that’s it. I also get Delta around with it. I haven’t flown the US Airways on it, but when I do, I know to put the call sign CACTUS on it. Ooh, and my favourite Japanese airline JAL has a livery on my 777-200ER I will want to try, just wished the 747 expansion had JAL though, I loved 747s with JAL, still, I prefer JAL over ANA (for some reason)… And I’d be using Tokyo’s Narita Airport with it over Haneda… Haven’t been to Japan yet (in this game or in real life) but, that’s my Geeky Guns N’ Roses fandom coming out with that.

The aeroplane here I wished the game had in that livery, but, it’s 2022, a 777-200ER’s better than nothing.

So far I’m Delta, Speedbird with those liveries I’ve flown.

I think after all that, I still like my private jet that comes with the game however, I am happy I’ve got my airlines on, a bit.
They’re not really fantasy airlines, but, fantasy routes I guess.

I’m still working on learning the Embrears and where to put down my Boeings and that Airbus.

Does that Jamaican livery come with the chopper, or… Is that some PC only magic custom job?

I was thinking of getting that helicopter but I was worried it wouldn’t fit on my road in this game.

livery is on flightsim.to.

I’m on Xbox console only… and I think flightstream doesn’t apply to me.

I got my Airline Routes on…

I decided I wanted to make US Airways my airline out of KEUG, and run a hub of some sorts from KEUG for US Airways and a notorious E-170.

US Airways 1776 KEUG - KPHL
Call Sign CACTUS

This aeroplane forces me to do manual take offs and landings because it doesn’t know how to do them itself, I’m learning (I bought it last night)…
Found out it’s difficult compared to a 747 but fits everywhere a 747 doesn’t for me (so far). But I was up and away and I let the AI Pilot take over once KPHL was set in and confirmed in this E-170.

I landed it… I have this thing now, where, I go on to approach, hit pause, take off the AI Pilot, save this E-170 from crashing, get it around and put it down myself, it’s how I successfully land these things, so far - which requires some work on my part, which is neither here nor there with me but I would love it if these things can take care of themselves like the Boeings do (or if Boeings and Airbus’ was jetway up and park up at KEUG and places)…

Question:
I’m a noob to this game but… If I fly in from KEUG anywhere on this game will other people I see see KEUG over my plane?
I noticed it before but on the ground in Philadelphia, I noticed and noticed the name and the Callsign too, so I screen shot it to ask this.

I assume this thing just came in from KLAX…
Question, this is automatically display it (sometimes I don’t see it), or, will I have to find a setting in this game in order for me to display this info for others to see where I’m flying from?

But I was down in one piece.

I choose having that jetway do that back at KEUG over the AI Pilot knowing how to taxi off or take off or land… It seems.
KEUG - KPHL US Airways 1776
Landed.

Yesterday, last night, I was doing KEUG - EGLL with a British Airways livery with the Call Sign: SPEEDBIRD BAW468, and, that was going well nice and pretty skies and cool activity/traffic/screenshots, but, I went to my approach and booted me, I was done with the game yesterday after that. Today, came on to give it another chance, was fun enough.

I just had an awesome idea with my activities, a sort of ‘win win’ if you will…

Airlines **both fantasy and real-world flying my own fantasy (range questionable) routes and my own heavenly wishes and a small private jet and a private 747, and whenever I’m doing a fantasy real world airline or even a fantasy one, it’s my movements I want to do, only I’m going commercial, sitting in First Class :slight_smile:
I get to have my private jets, I get to have my airlines, I get to use airlines that exist, EVERYBODY wins. Fun…

So on that note, I did make into KEUG from EGLL but… I wasn’t able to go home, that was British Airways… Then I took US Airways to Philadelphia/KPHL from KEUG today, and now I’m in Pennsyvania/Philadelphia in this game, now me, probably enjoying being there. That’s it, that’s what I’m going to do. It’s my first week of MSFS on Xbos with Xbox Pass, bought some DLCs already.

It’s a bit of a mess, but I got my FSM-GA box in to round out my re-tooling to VKB hardware (mostly). I specifically configured all of this to fly the Skyhawk JT-A. About the only things I need to touch now with the mouse-look is any of the Bezel Items on the Garmins, which I can live with using a combination of Instrument Camera Views, which I’d needed anyway. Very nice to be able to start-up, operate and shutdown using actual hardware buttons.

2 Likes

Looks pretty good externally Dan. Cockpit graphics seem very realistic too. How high would you rate the instrument / systems fidelity? How does it fly?

(I suppose I could jump over to the model-specific forum and see what everyone has said)

Do you have DCS?

Never flew anything before, but have seen some vids. The systems keep getting more complex, compared to the beginning, so I know they are improving authenticity.

No, I don’t do DCS.

Update of the H145 and took a spin around LA when the “rain” was moving in. Some interesting changes.

9 Likes

This somewhere off of Baja:

Then off to Niagra Falls:

Whoops:

Something a bit slower:

Maid of the Mist?:

That is all!

6 Likes