What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Proceeded into the Alps on my way to Mount Etna with the FK9. Leg LSZC - LSPM

I thought to just follow the valley’s, but I made a wrong turn somewhere, so I was lost for a moment. Then had to climb in a circle to be able to hop over a mountain someone had put in my way. Then after that mountain, acknowledged my failure and enabled the GPS map to re-orient. I wasn’t far off, but enough to be confused.

Quickly later I had a visual on LSPM and spent the rest trying to lose the height I had acquired.

The challenging part of the navigation: I had planned some landmarks but everything was snowed in, even highways etc … so it was really hard to identify specific things.

Photo Book

Weather looking much better than yesterday!

I had to get fuel, but the Load Saved Game famously does not show the toolbar. So I used the “repair and refuel” shortcut which filled me up with fuel 100%.

Shame because this airport is full of fuel trucks apparently …

Easy navigation:

What is this …

Oh no, I am lost, maybe salvation is over that giant mountain over there … I spent the next 10 hours circling with a vertical speed at 300 ft / min. That 100% fuel didn’t help I guess.

I made it!

Slightly off course

I guess this isn’t the runway after all, with a windsock in the middle… oh well!

Let’s go skiing …

Simair (the dotted line was the plan …)

https://simair.io/logbook/Monkfish/flight/65947

4 Likes

I completed the Jack of All Planes achievement – my last plane was Robin DR400-100 Cadet – that was the hardest one for me to finish.

2 Likes

The Bleriot XI was on sale for 5 euro and I could not resist.

I think I did fairly well:

Update, simair log:

https://simair.io/logbook/Monkfish/flight/65955

6 Likes

:yum: LOOOL (tip: use rudder… NOT the aelerons…these were build into the wings and euuh… don’t sim very well)

(thx for +1, last week posted this… under the bridge at La Coruna Portugal (it’s the Gnome version…)

5 Likes

Me too. Been off that bird for a while. Some of my landings are logged in spite of the fact that I’ll drag a wing as I turn from the runway or drop the nose a bit and bend the prop. MSFS is satisfied, but my Plane Captain is one unhappy Sergeant.

Flew the Junkers JU52 from CSU2 to CYSK, on an island in the Hudson Bay, I want to go around the long way of Hudson Bay just to check it out and it might be shorter flights looks like the weather is finally dying down as well

1 Like

Early morning at EGKK :sunny:

3 Likes

Completed the Patagonia bush trips.
Strong wind, short air strips, long distance to fly = Fun

6 Likes

I was landing at Buochs LSZC few months back and I found VFR chart at vACC Switzerland
There is visual approach to 24. It is longer right pattern around the mountain.

2 Likes

Made a video about an event hosted by the Virtual USA Flying Club last Friday

1 Like

I can’t get enough of Chicago lately so heres some random shots that include the Chicago Executive airport (payware) and also DD’s KMDW and Landmarks. been playing with Freestyle filters lately too.

6 Likes

C172 - Malmö to Copenhagen EKCH over Öresund Bridge

5 Likes

Still there… after all this time :smiley_cat:

10 Likes

I saw the two wheels first and thought I was seeing ET.

Flew my FBW A320 from Vancouver to Seattle in strong winds that made the CAT 3 landing challenging!

2 Likes

Well once in awhile MSFS would freeze once you select Fly.

So deleted Data and reinstalling the whole thing 7 hours and counting 56.26GiB of 123.31GiB intalled. :cry:

Much more acquainted with the F18 and warrior mod - works AOK. Got the displays the way I like 'em. Left North Island (nice mod, but needs miljets) for some mountain ravine running to Anza Borrego…

turned for the coast, passing over Tustin (nice mod), Long Beach (older mods still working), and finishing at Mugu NAS (needs mod love from top to bottom).

1 Like

I just had to see what’s going on with the PBY. I like the progress that this aircraft from French-VFR has made. Although it is Freeware, still a WIP, a long way off, only basic interior textures and many items don’t work, the audio experience of the engines now included in 0.7.7 already makes flying it enjoyable for me. It may not be high fidelity audio yet, but it sounds like a PBY both on the ground AND in the air (internally and externally). The PBY is the only float plane I really want.

It also appears that I will be donating a sum to Jankees for a livery (one that I’ll enjoy flying in) for it in the distant future too.

6 Likes

Nieuport 17 flying to Honolulu

2 Likes

I have to redo all my Honeycomb Bravo profiles because it seems AP Default Settings now work far better than what I programmed in.

1 Like