What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Another flight with friends, this flight we have gone from Malaga to Santiago de Compostela, this time we have tried the A330, which by the way are going very well.

4 Likes

Went to Osaka Friday night, went out Friday night to Mother Hall.

Didnā€™t find anything here for 2 days.
Itā€™s a whole lotta generic in Osaka, Iā€™m not Japanese, but Iā€™m almost offended.
Willow Grove, PA, has more detail than most cities in Japan on MSFM, and Osaka being big, just meant more generic nothing.
But I found Mother Hall on the map and went to it and than was disappointed buzzing this place.
I thought I could see some Sumo but the Spring Dasho was over before I got to Japan and Tokyoā€™s Summer Dasho wonā€™t start until May, however, I didnā€™t even bother to go find and buzz the stadium/arena because this city was so generic, it just wasnā€™t worth my time and energy. God, I fell in love with Tokyo so much, it had everything and more to find, I never knew when I spent my 8 days there that the rest of Japan on MSFS would be so generic.

ā€¦
My friends have gone home with their pets, my private jet took them then came back for me as I went to buzz nearby Kyoto in my Velocity.

My first time in Kyoto, Japan, but you wouldnā€™t know that since this looks like a clone of that thing I found in Hiroshima.
Still looked cool enough for a screenshot or two though, the way this way laid out.

Then I went off to Kansai KIX/RJBBā€¦

I never knew it was local.
In all my planning of this, I must have overlooked that.

I went for the sakura/cherry blossom, 'tis the season!

ā€œWelcome to Kansai.ā€
My first time in Kansai today.

I saw the odd purple-ish-looking tree in Tokyo, I just went in hope.
But, MSFS wasnā€™t having any of it.

I could why see the internet told me this was the place to go to see the best cherry blossom/sakura in real life though.

I had enough,

It was time to go to Mt. Fujiā€¦

1 Like

The problem with Mt. Fuji is it isnā€™t photographic at all.

I found Gotemba RJGO but my mapping tool hasnā€™t heard of it.

My jet doesnā€™t fit into RJGO!.. Clipped the wing on a building landing because somebody put a stupid airport in the way!..

Iā€™ve got one more or two more stops in Japan, and that last stop is just to get the big aeroplane back to London from Tokyo, so really, one more stop. I genuinely got excited about this as I came into land at what was my penultimate stop on this Japanese leg of this tour & holiday/vacation-thing, I mean, before the jetā€™s wing clipped the airport and sent me into some bushesā€¦
Right now, in the game, Iā€™m at Mt. Fuji. It is my first time here, but, I saw it already flying from Tokyo HND/RJTT - Fukuoka ā– ā– ā– /RJFF when I first left Tokyo.

1 Like

I know I fell in love with Tokyo when I first saw it, but, Osakaā€™s detail sucked so much, Iā€™m half amazed I got so lucky spending all that time in Tokyo, because, I didnā€™t know it was so great - and half feeling ripped off over the rest of Japan.
Yeah, Fukuoka had the big writing on their Pool & Skate Park and Hiroshimaā€™s airport had the name written on it, but, cā€™mon MSFS.

I buzzed this Philadelphia suburb I know in America (Willow Grove) the other week way before I even thought about going to Japan and their Best Buy in Willow Grove has more detail than Osaka, Japan on this thing, and thatā€™s like Japanā€™s 2nd city, no?

Just saying.

1 Like

I liked it.

All the buzzing around I did in Osaka these past 2 days and finding a lot of nothing but generic ā– ā– ā– ā–  Iā€™ve grown to hate, Mt. Fuji was awesome.

Tokyo in this game had it all.

Tokyo Dome
Kabukicho
Shibuya
Roppongi & the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo
etc and things I found and got to look up and see on this game.

When I think about all the things Tokyo has, and I never knew I had it so good, makes me feel all warm inside reflecting on my virtual time in Tokyo and all the fun I had buzzing that place.

The only beef I had with Tokyo was Disneylandā€™s castle was flat and a decal on the ground, but that decal flatness of the Disneyland castle showed its silhouette and its iconic shape and that was fun to look atā€¦
Compared to the rest of Japan on this gameā€™s detail, that flat decal that passes for Disneyland Tokyo looks fā€™king amazing.

1 Like

I have only flown NYC like you flew Tokyo. I just passed through when we crossed in the air. I have a sense of the town, but nothing like you saw!

This sim is remarkable. You can get quite microscopic.

Meanwhile, I am fighting with my peripherals.

Iā€™ve got plans to buzz NYCā€¦

Iā€™ve got plans to buzz a lot of places, but, NYC is one of themā€¦
And I am half tempted to move into cities like I did Tokyo on that up-and-coming tour. I know for sure Iā€™m doing that with a city or 2 at least, maybe NYC like Tokyo, but, Iā€™d buzz NYC regardless of if I stay there a week or not.

I first saw One World Trade Center on this game in my initial week when I was doing airline fun in that basic 747 livery that comes with the game for free coming into JFK this one time/my first/ā€˜so far only timeā€™ when I was still learning this game - when I didnā€™t know there was a velocity to go exploring in.
I thought that was cool, seeing One World Trade Center and being put right over it when I skipped to my approachā€¦ I play on Xbox and this game has an achievement that unlocks when youā€™re so close to a landmark, an achievement called ā€˜rubber neckingā€™ā€¦

I saw One World Trade Center and tried to get this achievementā€¦

I havenā€™t got it and since forgotten about it and landed on a bunch of neat buildingsā€¦ I landed on and touched Tokyo Skytree, and by that time I noticed things on this game, like that yellow star on the map, and Tokyo Skytree has one of those yellow stars, so I gave up trying to get that ā€˜being within so many metres of a landmarkā€™ achievement when I landed on one that even had a star put there by the game and got nothing.
I got a bunch of other Xbox achievements flying around Tokyo in my velocity last week, but not that landmark one called Rubbernecking.

I first buzzed Los Angeles out of Burbank for the Hollywood Sign, because thatā€™s where I was in this game when I discovered that Velocity, I even gave it an American Reg and play like I bought it thereā€¦ But I also found other buildings like U.S Bank Tower and Bank of America Centerā€¦ I want to go back and buzz Los Angeles some more, and use LAX for a first time.
It was my first day buzzing, I buzzed California, went up to Palo Alto for Silicone Valley, buzzed Google, couldnā€™t find Apple Park, figured ā€˜Microsoft gameā€™ā€¦ then I got lazy and jetted over San Francisco and under Golden Gate Bridge, then went to Napa Valley to buzz itā€¦
I should go back to San Francisco huh/me thinks.

Right now, my plan isā€¦ Finish Japan, head back to London, Buzz England, start the first leg of my North American tour-thing.

California was like a day, albeit one long 5-hour session of a day.
Italy turned into 3 days and I thought that was long.
Japan turned into 2 weeks with 8 magical days in Tokyo not knowing any better about Japanā€¦
My North American Tour is so bigā€¦ I might not even finish it if I start this new job Iā€™m getting my license for and I get hired and have to go to work, but, itā€™s going to be in 3 legs, broken up with European legs mostly around the UK, hell, mostly around my native London, but, other places here too, that itā€™s going to go, when I get back to England on this game; England buzz, North American Tour leg 1 (USA & Canada), back to England and Europe buzz (like one place not in the UK though) and then North American Tour leg 2 (USA & Mexico) ā€˜Iā€™ve written it down, so, I sort of know where Iā€™m going nowā€™ā€¦ back to Europe for UK and Amsterdam buzz, but, like, mainly UK, with Amsterdam being the only part of that not in the UK, then back to North America & The Caribbean for the 3rd leg of that to wrap it up before finishing in Europe (because thatā€™s home for me).
I have given myself another home in Oregon in this game, but, all my ā– ā– ā– ā– /stuff is British, so, coming back to London makes sense between these North American legs.
Itā€™s like 3 North American legs and 3 European legs, and we could say Japan was my warm-up tour at Tokyo Dome, I donā€™t know.

I think my buzzing tours are going to get longer.

Then I want to do something else in this game that involves Paris but not buzzing it, and I havenā€™t been to France yet on this game, so, I may end up sticking Paris in at the end of my North American tour thatā€™s done in legs where I come home to Europe, Iā€™m thinking, Paris (& London) to finish that tour up.
Since Iā€™m from London, I want to fly around the world in 80 real-time simmed hours the same route Phileas Fogg and Passportout did in Around the World in Eighty Days. This means going to Paris, (and places) but like Fogg, only caring about getting back to London to win this wager with stopping, so not stopping.

Iā€™m still working on how Iā€™m going to do that one though, but, after this tour with North American and European legs where I come home in between North American legs to buzz things here.

Planning this North American Tour, I took a favourite Musician/Band andā€¦ Looked up a real past tour to get an idea for dates and locations

http://www.slashparadise.com/bands/slash-snakepit-tour-2000.php
to work out things like, ā€˜how long onā€™ ā€˜how long offā€™ (Hence this idea of tackling it in legs where I come home in-between), and, copy its pattern, not its places, but, its general patterns of doing things in legs and warm up tours even.

Then I eyeball stuff to add in, and Iā€™m going to go for poetic license or two, on this North American tour, doing a flight or two just because itā€™s something novel in the airports names or cityā€™s reputationsā€¦ Youā€™d see, if I have time and do what Iā€™ve started to work on/plan, when I start my North American tourā€¦

Itā€™s going to go;
Finish Japan, come home to England, then head back out on the road starting the tour in the US and doing like a bunch of legs between North America and Europe and the Caribbean and finish it Paris before doing my Around the World in 80 days London to London thing, going from the Reform Club to the Reform Club circumnavigating the globe on that routeā€¦

Like how seeing my friends in Japan and seeing Japan with them after Tokyo was my reward for sticking to Tokyo for so long because I said I would, Around The World in 80 Hours will be my reward if I finish my 2022 Tour that I guess warmed up in Tokyo with 3 nights in the Tokyo Dome but 8 days in that city for those 3 nights.

Some of coming back to England and places in the US may be my downtime in that fiction though, so, weā€™d see, but, if I do it, copying Around The World in 80 Days in 80 hours will be what I earned if I complete my tour though.

It gets tough, I have a plan, I throw it curveballs, go exploring, and I find myself having to fight the urge to deviate from it wanting to go to another country or city, so, I like to make up these in-game rewards for myself because, after a while Iā€™m tempted to leave, but I say Iā€™m somewhere so I stick to it which then becomes fun and its own reward, though as I say, sometimes the challenge is sticking to it, so a reward to get excited about/work on (like figuring out what city when and where and for what) is always a treat for finishing what I set out to do.

1 Like

Sankt Gallen Altenrhein to Wienā€¦ once again, made more interesting by swell creator modsā€¦

4 Likes

Ahhhhhhh! Earthquakeā€¦

I rolled over it while coming to a stop, and went from high to low side, so I survived it.

2 Likes

I got back on to climb Mt. Fuji in my Velocity starting at Gotemba RJGO.

Iā€™m not gonna lie, the pictures I took here were doctored beforeā€¦ My Velocity broke down on me and I couldnā€™t control it, so I just had to load it and have it suspended in the air, and I made it look like I buzzed Mt. Fujiā€¦ Came back on, full control, I wasnā€™t going to let this opportunity pass me by.

Hereā€™s what happened at Mt. Fuji, Japan earlier when I regained control of my Velocity.

Doing this though, I couldnā€™t help but get all;

ā€œFollowing you, I climb a mountain, I get excitement at your feet.ā€

ā€¦That climb up Mt. Fuji from Gotemba RJGO was a little longer than I thought itā€™ll be, like 15 minutes of going up that thingā€¦

Then I saw something I didnā€™t see before when I was doctoring my shots to save my tripā€¦

Somebodyā€™s been building buildings up here?!
So I buzzed them/landed at them.
& that was it.

Mt. Fuji, Japan, done!

Then I came off.

1 Like

I was in Mt. Fuji / RJGO in the game, got back on, it was the middle of the night, flew off to Kochi KCZ/RJOKā€¦

I didnā€™t trust the short runway that my private jet didnā€™t fit at for a take off at Gotemba RJGO, so I skipped it lest I hit a building or a tree (again)ā€¦

Once again, my mapping tool canā€™t find Gotemba RJGO, so I couldnā€™t share the route here, but I flew from Mt. Fuji Gotemba RJGO to Kochi KCZ/RJOK today.

Skipped to cruise to avoid any takeoff mishaps, then skipped again to the final approach & landing.

Canā€™t seem to find this other picture I took of me on the ground, but it was nighttime anyway, so, you wasnā€™t missing out on much, just the letters RJOK in the background behind my private jet, but it was all dark anyway so you couldnā€™t see much/ā€œWelcome to Kochi/First time here and this airport, etcā€¦ā€

Iā€™m going to do what I came here to do, then thatā€™s it, back to London when itā€™s all said nā€™ done.
2 weeks Iā€™ve been here, going to head back to Tokyo from here, then catch the big aeroplane back to London.

Took the good old 152 on a flight around the Swedish island of Gotland.

The island is located in the Baltic Sea and is the biggest island in Sweden.

Managed to tour the island and land at Visby Airport before the sun set.

I forgot how good the stock 152 is. Once I flew it from New York to Los Angeles and since then it has been improved with the new prop physics etc.

1 Like

Flew the Junkers JU52 from cysk to CYER across the Hudson bay the long way because somehow it becomes James Bay in the southern tip of the Hudson Bay

Very easy leg on my trip to Mount Etna in the FK9: LSPM - LSZL

Weather was clear skies and still. Route was: follow the valley up to the start of Lake Maggiore, where LSZL is conveniently located.

There was nothing challenging, just enjoying the views.

I do notice Iā€™m beginning to want an FK9 which is a little more accuratly modelled in the systems department. I notice starting up the engine heats up the oil to the green in a matter of seconds. Not really with the Rotax 912 Iā€™m used to, where in winter we can wait quite a few minutes for it to even get in the low end of the yellow. And we even use a tape on the radiator to keep it from running too cold. Nothing in this FK9 at the moment.

Next stop, maybe Milan or something.

Photo Book

Looks like the sun is beginning to set in my saved game. Iā€™ll have to update my date in my saved game soon: it just continues from last time, as if I didnā€™t park for days. So in theory, I guess I couldā€™ve done all these legs (EBZH - LSZL) in one day of flying?

The town of Biasca

Wouldā€™ve expected a less sharp ā€œstopā€ of snowy terrain. Like maybe the snow line climbs in altitude? But Iā€™m not really someone that has seen a lot of snowy mountains so I wouldnā€™t really know.

Blue skies and golden sunshine

Leaving the day, and the Alps behind. Two legs to cross them, I thought it would be a more heroic effort in all honesty.

As per usual, Iā€™m always too high for some reason

Full flaps and crab all the way down, itā€™s the Ultralight way ā€¦

Letā€™s go water skiing

Simair:

https://simair.io/logbook/Monkfish/flight/66177

2 Likes

Also, after long thinking, finally went ahead and bought the Just Flight Turbo Arrow on sale for 29,99 euro. Itā€™s first payware aircraft I bought (apart from the 5 euro Bleriot yesterday). But I wanted to experience something more substantial.

Update did a circuit in it, works wonderfully smooth:

4 Likes

Ah, no kidding?! I have been flying hops in and out of Buochs for a week now and found that right sweeping turn around the mountain to be very natural. The tower was right!

Im going to love descending into that picturesque blind turn even more now, thanks for the info!

1 Like

Next stop, London!

ā€¦

I went out this morning in Kochi to catch that famous sunrise as my last thing to do in the land of the rising sun, James May when he went to Japan in James May: Our Man in Japan went down to tropical warm volcanic soil Japan in Okinawa, Karl Pilkington on An Idiot Abroad season 2 when he went to Japan, the last thing he did in Japan was climb Mount Fuji, so when planning my trip in Tokyo last week, I decided they took all the good endingsā€¦ Then I decided a Japanese Sunrise, in a place called Kochi because Google told me about sunsets and sunrises there.

Kochi, Japan

I arrived in the middle of the night 2 hours before sunrise, I missed it, got back on, played timelord a bit, then I decided to ā€˜be Picassoā€™ and play God with the weather and the clouds to try and get a Daruma Sunrise.

Then I went back to live settings and left for Tokyo Narita.

Kochi KCZ/RJOK - Tokyo NRT/RJAA

I didnā€™t even bother skipping this flight, I enjoyed it throughout.
It wasnā€™t too far, it was my last one on this trip and all, so I enjoyed it.

I got it into me thatā€¦ This thing must have been coming from Tokyo Narita to Kochi because I could see it on the map coming right at meā€¦ So when we passed in the air I took this.

Mount Fuji! I went there yesterday, climbed it in my Velocityā€¦ Did you know itā€™s got things and buildings at the top?! I didnā€™t, until I went and buzzed it and landed at them. Here is me here looking at Mount Fuji/looking for those buildings too, now.

Tokyo Dome!!! - I got all happy and excited to see Tokyo again, and I was flying over it looking down at things I now knew, and that right there is Tokyo Dome - way cool!!!
I had my little teenage fangirl moment even though Iā€™m a 35 year old man, I got all excited about Tokyo and then seeing Tokyo Dome was awesome.

Then that was it. Next stop, London!

ā€¦

Nowā€¦ Iā€™m going to do a live landing and departure like I did when I came to Japan on the game, andā€¦
Nonstop flights from Tokyo to London last 12 hours and land around 3 pm, and itā€™s now 2:15 am and I landed 10 minutes agoā€¦
Iā€™m going to take off, and come off, and do what I got to do this morning, then come back on at 3 pm my time and sim it again and land it.

I came to Japan on Monday the 28th of March/and left England on Sunday the 27th of March (12 hour flight/8 hour time difference)ā€¦ I took up residency in Tokyo all week for 8 days, then went off around Japan.
Itā€™s now 10:15 am, I leave at 11 am Monday the 11th of April and Iā€™m due to land later on Monday the 11th of April around 3 pm UK/my time.

2 Likes

Deconstructed the Great Barrier Reef Bush Trip - picked my own plane and weather.

10 Likes