What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Flew another leg in Junkers JU52, CYER to CYRT and almost ran out of fuel but still made it

1 Like

Enjoyed an evening flight in the A330-9 from KMIA to KIAH, I really enjoyed the sunset during my descent

4 Likes

Left Japan.

Japan Airlines JL 88 Tokyo (NRT) - London (LHR)
Boeing 777-200ER JAL 88 RJAA - EGLL

Don’t hate me, but I thought I saw a ‘mushroom cloud’ on my way out today.

Cockpit view! I haven’t used this in a while. Looks nice, sounds nice, flies like a dream…
This was one of my smoothest take-offs ever, even remembered to turn on the seatbelt sign on the ground and off once we were up.
Next stop, London.

If only that was a rainbow blowing out the engines and a firework exploding from my rear, either way, I thought this looked pretty.

This too (I thought looked pretty). Almost like ‘the chosen one’.

I’ve forgotten how to operate the shades, and I never have been able to get the cabin door open, yet. Looks cool though.

Travel with
JAPAN AIRLINES
Tokyo - London

I got bored so I started taking pro shots too today.

One last look at the main island for this trip.

I had a better time than I thought I would in Tokyo, let’s just put it like that, and, Fukuoka and Mount Fuji were real highlights of the trip outside of Tokyo, but I got to see amazing places and MSFS generic renditions of all cool things throughout, has been a fun couple of weeks for me.

I’m going to land this thing (hopefully) around 3 pm London time, get that live landing and whatnot. Goodnight!

2 Likes

I flew it until I was out of Japanese airspace and ATC range.

It literally felt a little bit dirty and not as clean out here, but, alas, I was free.

“I’m free.”

Then I took some shots for whatever, pretty sky/amusement/whatever ‘outside of Japan’ today, and then came off.

2 Likes

FBW A320 EGGD to EGPH, weather fine and clear until Edinburgh

6 Likes

I looked out the window, but now I’m reminded of this game/MSFS

3 Likes

I was about to ask you what LOD values you were using for that? :wink:

1 Like

Nothing, however, I did aim it away from this patch of dirt…

I should find a window cleaner.

1 Like

I reached Cape Town today in my African tour. As a reward for reaching the halfway point I was finally getting some topography and it was gorgeous:

3 Likes

What a great flight! Took off from KORL (Orlando Executive) and had a glorious 4h24m flight to Vegas (KLAS). Turned photogrammetry off - no regrets! Shot the ILS to runway 26L, and despite malfunctioning ATC (only heard my transmissions, not theirs) the sim behaved beautifully and this was one heck of a great flight. Welcome to Vegas! YT link to approach and landing:

3 Likes

Been working on this video for the last 16 nights with all the warbirds I have.

What a Wonderful World

2 Likes

“I wished there was this much water!”

:laughing:

That got me.

Cool video!

1 Like

AIG-AIM and legendary Air Kiribati

1 Like

Flew the Junkers JU52 from CYRT to CYUS just to keep going more North

1 Like

Last time on Star Trek Voyager;

“And now the conclusion.”

How cute, the game’s asking me where in Japan do I want to go today? :smiley: Little does it know…

I had a crazy dream on the aeroplane though, slept through the flight, at first, I thought we crashed, you see, in my dream, I was on the flight home, only, I knew how to control it, got the option to turn a twelve hour flight into an hour forty five minute flight and went for it for some piloting hours or whatever, right - vivid dream, only, when I did it, we crashed! ‘XBox Cloud Gaming for you’…
Then I forget what happened after that then in this in this dream, just before I woke up well refreshed I might add - we were back in Japan! Only it was night? Same aeroplane, same flight, only we were still in Tokyo and it was nighttime.

Then I was woken up for landing and heard some other aeroplane outside, first this thing overtook us, and I was wide awake and over London and it was still daylight out some 22 hours later from when I saw the sunrise in Kochi this morning, and this aeroplane outside was loud, I didn’t see it from First Class, until I saw it flying close to the ground and I only looked at it because I hoped to witness a crash (sorry)… -

“I’m home.”

I came on, landed it when I said I would, got buzzed myself,

came in like a celebrity in this Japanese Airlines livery Boeing 777-200 ER, landed and forgot how hectic Heathrow is, when I landed somebody was leaving the runway, people drove through me again here to take off as I taxied to the gate and people were flying all sorts of directions in the sky and making loopty loops… Every time I went to the cockpit point of view too, an aeroplane taking off would photobomb me, but I’m home, feels good to be home.

Japan was nice and Tokyo’s amazing! Definitely will be going back to Tokyo, Japan!

2 Likes

I had bugs and trouble shooting issues this morning that are otherwise on going if I didn’t walk away from them…

I couldn’t wait much longer, I was home, back from Japan in this thing, I left London to buzz this thing in England before the start of my North American Tour.
My VoloCity broke down on me, worked beautifully until Saporro last Thursday, has been hit and miss for me ever since, worked in Kochi, Japan, then I came home to England and, it never worked for me in London when I landed and it was daylight and I wanted to sim it going from Green Park to Thornton Heath to simulate me taking the Piccadilly Line to Green Park from London’s Heathrow Airport where I came in from Tokyo yesterday afternoon…
Couldn’t do that. Oh how did I try.

I tried to buzz it still when I gave up on my Volocity.

“Look Ma’! I can see my house from here!”

By this point, my attention to detail went out the window and I didn’t care what the aeroplane looked like, I just wanted to see Thornton Heath, Surrey, England back from Japan / as soon as I landed it I worked out I wanted to fly Green Park - Thornton Heath ‘because Heathrow and Piccadilly Line and me’.
I tried buzzing this in a bid to somehow get my Volocity to work again? I was like ‘maybe I should load this location into the game so it works with Xbox Cloud’ I don’t know, don’t ask me, :slight_smile: madness is found in that thinking, but, this was me past point of concern, even was thinking
'I just came back from Japan and now I’m a Kamikazee!

Aiming for Thornton Heath Railway Station (as yo do).
Trying to buzz in this thing

This is why I don’t go buzzing in these things.

So I got out a new aeroplane!
Took off from LCY/EGLC at this point, I didn’t care, I went from trying to sim coming back to Thornton Heath from Central ‘London’ to ‘I need something I can Buzz in! that works!’… Flew out of LCY/EGLC

First time piloting one of these things…

Truth be told, I loved it!..

Can’t go Buzzing in it though!

So close, but so far away!
I was not a happy man!

I came off, didn’t publish, went to bed. That’s why I never posted about coming home until I woke up at Crazy o’clock.

1 Like

save your pennies & buy or build a PC to continue the flight experience of MSFS? MSFS is currently part of Gamepass so it’s free to play if you have GP ultimate.

1 Like

Today, I couldn’t wait, I was back in the UK, like 4 am… Still dark out, hopefully, I thought, hopefully my flight from London LCY/EGLC (my base on MSFS due to proximity and Oyster Card) would be enough time to give the sun to rise… I use EGLC as home.

I had this idea in Japan but I was all about doing the idea I was on at the time, to see all I could see from that plan and smile all I could smile (loved Tokyo)!..

So I’m in Japan and I’m all like…
‘I know what I want to see!’
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Big surprise, tell no one, do what I’m doing, sit on this idea, see if one of you other users beat me to it like you have a couple of other ideas I’ve got (I’d just do them anyway despite seeing other people do them too)…

This was me at 4 am this morning, flying out in my private jet to my big idea being all like
‘I’d fly out now to my idea and do my idea at day break’…

London LCY/EGLC - Yeovil EGHG

Seems my mapping tool hasn’t heard of Yeovil.

… No, it was still dark even though I didn’t skip the flight.

110NM, I thought it probably wouldn’t, and I was right.
I also Goggled what time sunrise would be, so, I knew, but I flew it in hope.

“Welcome to Yeovil, first time here and at this airport.”

Jumped into my Volocity, it didn’t work today again…

Tried, tried, and tried again, today.

:crazy_face:

So annoying…

In my trying, the sun came up…

Looked way pretty.

But my bug/problem shooting.

So I got a new aeroplane to buzz in!

Registered it G-SPOT, it’s now a new plane at my disposal.
‘Turns out the game didn’t like that registration idea for my new aeroplane’.

But it worked.

Unlike that stupid VoloCity.

Cerne Abbas Giant, everybody.

Right now in the game I’m at Cerne Abbas and my private jet’s in Yeovil.

2 Likes

The early morning over UK, westbound

9 Likes

That’s what I mean, I pay my Game Pass, they said the game was good enough for Xbox, I already bought some things at the marketplace I now regret since this game doesn’t work as advertised.

Why should I have to upgrade when they’re in the wrong for saying I could use it with what I’ve got in the first place?