What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Today’s flight on my around Canada and US journey is Roswell NM (KROW) to Tucson AZ (KTUS).

Take aways

• Caranado PA44-180 Seminole is a dependable ride, worth the $
  • Flying on the XBOX series X is only manageable with a keyboard and mouse to help setting headings, altitudes and frequencies with any confidence
  • XBOX crashes - last two legs the sim has crashed taxiing to parking after landing (thankfully not mid-flight)
  • American south west is stunningly beautiful

Amazing scenery around El Paso, along the Rio Grande Rift, through to Tucson in the Sonoran Desert. This has been one of my favourite legs of the whole journey so far!

West of Roswell NM

En route to El Paso TX

Where New Mexico, Texas and Old Mexico meet

Leaving El Paso - amazing scenery, so close to town!

Approaching Tucson AZ from the south

On final, KTUS

Next legs, Phoenix/Deer Valley AZ (KDVT), Winslow AZ (KINW) and Telluride CO (KTEX).

Cheers!

4 Likes

A short sunset-flight from LFBO, Toulouse to LFRS, Nantes in-sync with the realworld flight :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Caught some fellow F-35 enjoyers with the carrier pack just of the coast of LAX.

3 Likes

Teleported back to Zambia and the C208 which I’m using to follow the Zambezi. This leg from Senanga (FLSN) to Sesheke (FLSS).

Photo Book

No dirt strip for a change:

Simair: SimAir.io

2 Likes

10 images, please.

Quick Flight from Toronoto Pearson down to Disney World in Orlando!

2 Likes

Company Flight KSFZ-KBID

6 Likes

Flew the BAE 146 300 from RIKSI to RJCK

A quick late afternoon from Santa Barbara to San Simeon…

6 Likes

Last day of SimVenture 2022 was today, flying the famous Fisk Arrival with the real Oshkosh controllers! I have fond memories flying up to AirVenture in the back seat of my dad’s Long-EZ (and not so fond memories puking in the back seat):

n112tg

So this year I did the event with the IndiaFoxTecho Long-EZ. Flew the arrival about a dozen times over the past four days. The custom scenery that’s provided and the PilotEdge software that makes it possible worked great. The controllers are absolutely fantastic though. I highly recommend everyone try this next year. It’s one of the most realistic, immersive and fun things you can do in the sim.

Transition over Green Lake with a Cessna at my 7 o’clock:

Joining the railroad tracks at Ripon:

Departure lining up:

Departing with the Ford Trimotor:

This simulated event has given me the confidence to fly into the real AirVenture. The real N112TG is flying again and I hope to bring it back up there sometime soon.

7 Likes

I’m not a pilot but even just thinking about flying into Airventure makes me anxious. I’ve been there quite a few times over the years and it’s just insane how much air traffic there is. I give so much credit to every pilot who flies in. Some of my earliest memories of Airventure are riding up US 41 and seeing all the aircraft in the sky at once - and not only the arrivals and departures, but also the bell 47 rides circling around, the trimotor rides, the ultralights, more recently the goodyear blimp as well. It’s just incredible.

4 Likes

Thanks to Jetsimpilots awesome YouTube video channel I can finally use the ILS on the Fenix Airbus.

But that video was over one hour long and I had to write 24 pages to get all the information in this video. But there was a lot of other valuable information in this video too shown NOWHERE else, like cutting corners for example by flying a straight line through S-shaped waypoints, or create and elongated dottet visual line to the target destination runway just like the FLS does…

And some hints tips and details about the RAD NAV page, filling in stuff into the PROG page etc.

I still don´t understand that “managed descent” and “open descent” thing. A descent will always be dialing a new altitude and -2000ft per minute on the autopilot :smiley: (no matter what Airbus says *ggg) but I am too old school for letting the computer do everything.

If someone is interested ehm this is the channel, his name is not “Jetsimpilot” but he is always flying this Easyjet livery in all his videos:

2 Likes

I really wanted to do this, this year but I am stuck with an xbox version of flightsim. It looks fabulousl
I can’t wait until next years’ event!

Great pix!

Charter from Lake Tahoe to San Francisco… :smiley:
in the “Oh thy, I have sinned” (Captain Sim 777)

The morning sun was very “in-the-face”…

Cheers,
Nish

4 Likes

This is just a preview of good things to come.
Even sinners like you may be allowed to enter the PMDG 777 cockpit paradise after having fallen for the false winged-one, the Captain Sim 777.

1 Like

Downloaded AIG traffic, and I can’t believe what I’ve missed not using it. Did a Southwest Airlines flight from Denver KDEN to George Bush Intercontinental Airport KIAH. Best approach since I started using the sim from an ATC (default) prospective couldn’t get a word in edge ways there was that much landing, taking off, report traffic in sight.

Flight around the US border continues. Continuing from 9S2 (Scobey) in northeast Montana, flew about halfway through the state to KSBX (Shelby). 256nm flight, around 2 hours 9 minutes of flight time. Decided to fly IFR this time even though the situation didn’t require it, flew the RNAV 23 JIKBO approach.

I put in that I wanted the YENUP transition but for some reason it kept on giving me the WEBVO, which takes you at a weird 45 degee angle out, up to 9k, before bringing you back down to YENUP at 7k. Just deleted the WEBVO from the G1000 flight plan as I just wanted the YENUP transition.

Another very little multiplayer flight, I saw one Darkstar when taking off, looks like another failed attempt as I saw him quickly dropping down from 120k feet. Only saw one other multiplayer plane the entire trip, this is the second trip in a row (yesterday was crossing from North Dakota into Montana) with very little multiplayer. Granted, these are morning flights and I know this isn’t a popular and/or populated area but still is strange compared to being on the east coast and having my screen full of multiplayer planes/jets.

Taking off from 9S2…

Midway through flight, nice little canyon area in northern Montana…

Starting to see some of the mountains of western Montana and Glacier National Park in the distance…

Landing at KSBX…

4 Likes

3 Likes

Nothing - I’m building a new PC to run it better :slight_smile:

do they fly at real altitudes, not just low ones?