What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Lovely afternoon flight today from Zurich to Athens!

It was late afternoon local time climbing out of LSZH.

Live weather was spectacular flying high over southern German/eastern Austria, heading towards Italy.

By the time we got to the coast of Greece, it was just about sunset local time.

The blood-red moon began to rise as we descended into Athens.

Welcome to Athens! I hope everyone enjoys their weekends.

8 Likes

Had a proper night flight from Bergerac Roumaniere (LFBE) to Rochefort St Agnant (LFDN). I wanted to do this using VOR and ILS, but somehow ILS was not captured even though I think I set it up right. I’m not sure if it’s on MFS side, or I did something wrong, so in the end I had to use a bit of GPS to get there.

Last checks before take off

I just love night light cities, shows the shiluette of the aircraft just fine.

I pressed printscreen while on final, just forgot to save it once landed :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Every now and then I’m reminded how beautiful this game can be. YBBN-YBCS.

8 Likes

Pattern work at KBFI’s Seattle Delivery Center (parked outside the 3-802 building)
Scenery and livery available at flightsim.to

1 Like

Not much yet… flying Junkers around San Jacinto Memorial POI, Texas

plenty of airports around, to land it

4 Likes

There’s beautiful clear weather on the west coast of British Columbia today so I flew the Twin Otter VFR from Victoria (CYYJ) to Anahim Lake (CAJ4), then from Anahim Lake to Bella Coola (CYBD) before heading back down the coast to Victoria. My aircrew didn’t want to have to use oxygen so I stayed below 10,000 feet and followed the valleys. That was relatively straight-forward with the aid of the paper VFR charts that I followed throughout the flights.

Tantalus range of the Coast Mountains:

Chilcotin Plateu with Coast Mountains in the background:

Total flight time was just over 4 hours. There was some weirdness with regard to snowcover in valleys that wouldn’t have snow cover at this time of year, and the topography in the Bella Coola valley was embarrassingly bad (Canada really needs a world update!), but it was a still a lot of fun!

6 Likes

Isn’t that near the capital of Australia? I think I remember seeing that there.

Flying AYMH Mount Hagen > AYPY Jacksons Port Moresby then onto YBCS Cairns later today
Some showers hanging around AYMH this morning on departure

3 Likes

Nope. Wrong continent.

Just another beautiful day in this sim. Flying across Australia to YPPH.

4 Likes

Take off from AYPY in a reasonable crosswind… landing into YBCS was after dark so no pic

2 Likes

Flew YSCB-YSSY with the FBW A320 Neo:

YSCB:

YSSY, parked beside Ross Smith Avenue:

This is a very short flight that I’ve done in real life in a Qantas 767-300ER (flown by Captain Sutton who is well known) and it’s just as in real life, by the time you reach top of climb it’s almost ready to go back down again. The view of Lake Burragorang is quite impressive too on approach into Sydney.

This is also worthy of celebration since I had no crashes to desktop this time despite changing back and forwards from 2D to VR. Resetting Open XR and Windows Mixed Reality portal seemed to solve it. That’s the second flight I did today with no CTDs. Fingers crossed they’ve gone.

3 Likes

A 50min flight around Aoraki/Mt. Cook National Park, flying over glaciers, mountains, Lake Pukaki and Tekapo and, in the end, landing at Glentanner Aerodrome

9 Likes

Took the GotGravel Vertigo out for a spin around California, starting at L35 Big Bear (there’s a great freeware scenery).

Climbed like a rocket up to FL320 and just joyrided (joyrode?) up the Central Valley at about 425 KTAS, enjoying the view of California’s breadbasket. Because I hadn’t fueled up, I ran out before I could reach San Francisco, but I came a lot closer than I expected!

Tanks ran dry between Fresno and Merced; I descended at 2000 fpm, maintaining glide at about 140 KIAS for some time; when I got lower I slowed down the descent a bit. Ended up making a pretty good dead-stick landing at KSCK Stockton, itself only a hop and a skip from the San Francisco Bay out on the coast. :wink:

6 Likes

I pretended that the airspace above San Francisco is not heavily congested and took the Discus for a sightseeing tour of one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

7 Likes

Some gliding here also !!

4 Likes

I went out a tour of the Cabo Verde islands, in the FSW 414AW.

3 Likes

Late Night Flight for OIMM to OIII. First time AIG worked perfectly - round trip (no jamming, no AIG TC CTD, etc., of course the AI planes still fly at the same elevation as your plane, but that seems to be the Sim issue).

2 Likes

Sydney to Melbourne flight.

Flying over Strathfield (with the rail yards at Enfield in the background):

Turning towards the south west, Prospect Dam is visible:

Melbourne after RWY34 landing:

8 Likes

Did an awesome flight yesterday from Manchester Airport to Atlanta, on a Qatar Cargo 747!

Nice cloudy landing too.

4 Likes