What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Picked up the Lion Heart Creations Learfan! So far, I really like it. Did a couple laps above Los Angeles.

Haven’t done a full flight yet, as it’s nearly 5am. I did leave my initial thoughts it the release thread though.

Practiced following a victor airway in VFR. Flew over the ‘mountainy bits’ between Redding, California and Eugene, Oregon, mostly following V287 in C172. Started with a shorter route, just to Weed (O46) near Mt Shasta, then extended it, adding the airway in the G1000’s flight planner with the knobs. :wink:

A nice thing about the victor airways is that they have a minimum obstacle clearance altitude listed for each leg – so you can sail right over the mountains without worry. Highest segment I had to bump up to 12,500’, but most of it I ran at 8,500’.

This route can be done by VOR, but I let the modern GPS handle it. :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome parallel landing with an AI aircraft at Cincinnati Airport.

12 Likes

This morning turned off PG and all of a sudden the games runs fine:

2 Likes

If you are talking about the 787, go to the camera in the menu bar and select HUD camera. It‘s not as good as in plain view but I can live with that. Lets say its about 85% of it’s potential.

Sightseeing flight around Dubai (with Orbx Dubai City Pack).

7 Likes

Meacham Field (Forth Worth) to Matagorda Bay.
39 years ago six italian guys did this flight on three Cessna C-150 landing at Pierce Field, an abandoned airfield. So, I thought to simulate it on a 152 taking off from runway 35, turning right and then going south flying over Fort Worth, Sycamore, Hillsboro, Waco.

Here I was passing over College Station

Landing at Brenham for refueling (like they did in their flight)

Eagle Lake

Over Matagorda Bay

3hrs 10min later: at Pierce Field, the abandoned airfield (but not in the sim)

9 Likes

Today I went mach 10 for my first time in the darkstar. I reached 25% fuel and decided to slow down. Apparently the scramjets stay on even after flipping off the switches. Then my turbines flamed out and I crash landed and “damaged my landing gear”. I think FS should simulate broken gear. That would be a lot of fun.

Apparently there is a hard limit at 175k feet and your plane will not climb even with a positive VS. Also the camera glitches out, but I’m not sure wither that’s the altitude or just mach 10, or maybe both?

Flew from ODBM to VRMV in the Maledives. Small international airport, but not really suited for my A320 fenix.

Lot of smog out of Dubai

3 Likes

Flew my FBW A230 Neo from NZCH to NZQN.

2 Likes

This is my last entry for my Across Canada and US journey.

The final legs were Jasper/Hinton AB (CEC4) - Prince George BC (CYXS) - Terrace BC (CYXT) - Masset BC (CZMT) - Sandspit BC (CYZP) - Port Hardy BC (CYZT) - Vancouver BC (CYVR).

In contrast to the flatness of the US plain states and the Canadian Prairies, BC looks as though it was carved with an axe, a rugged landscape characterized by snow covered peaks, coastal fjords and countless islands.

I started in late February, beginning with a C150, finishing with the Piper PA44-180, and covering 20,000 KM. The weather has been varied, from frosting windshields and nearly invisible snow covered runways in northern Ontario to humid rains on the Gulf Coast, to the dry desert through the US south west and mixed clouds on the BC north coast.

I’ve flown on the XBOX and for the most part it has been fantastic! Having flown flight simulators since the Sub Logic days on the C64 (ya, I’m that old) and experiencing the richness of the scenery in FS2020 I am startled by how vivid the memories of the trip remain.

Here are my final photos:

Climbing west, over the Canadian rockies

Flying north, up along the Rocky Mountain trench

Flying over the Coast Mountains en route to Terrace BC (CYXT)

Float plane touring over Haida Gwaii

Heading south from Sandspit (CYZP) to Port Hardy (CYZT) on the northern tip of Vancouver Island

Over the Georgia Straight en route to Vancouver (CYVR)

Flying into Vancouver 8R on a sunny Sunday.

Now, to plan my next adventure!

Fly safe :airplane: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Flew from Rochefort St Agnant (LFDN) to Brest Guipavas (LFRB) on a scenic route including a sports stadium a bridge and two light houses. Since clouds were really really low it inspired some reckless flying. It was a blast :grin:

That car just wouldn’t budge. I waited several minutes for it to move, but didn’t…

3 Likes

Thinking about the next flight, and going from where to where? What location could be exotic enough?

1 Like

I highly recommend the KINES2N arrival into Geneva on a clear moonlit night !

5 Likes

Also try to land at Bern at dusk/night :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Well this was clearly not Katta`s World *ggg next time I try Geneva or Bern.

Constant terrain warnings after take-off. But the turbines are powerful enough to ascent quickly. The Airbus was very light loaded, only 5 tons of fuel 9 tons of cargo and two passengers.

I wanted to fly an 8 by autopilot and return to the departure runway from the opposite direction, but there weren´t fitting waypoints in the vicinity to make that possible. This barely reminds of a “flight plan” so I decided to fly by hand. Returning to the airport…

I could not find the departure airport and accidentally crashed into the mountains by panning around the outside camera while looking for it.

Luckily there were at least one ton of battery-driven heating blankets with pre-loaded battery, tents, and camping gear in the cargo room!
But sooner or later the two hungry passengers will start to eat each other (or worse, me) like after the infamous Anden crash so I hope the rescue helicopter will be here until morning.

3 Likes

A talented new creator has been making liveries for the H145, and some active helipads, to use in Japan! Yay! So many for the 135, but that’s a limited puppy compared to the 145. So far, just the Kansai area. So, I took the EMT heli around from RJBB, to Nara, Kyoto, northern Osaka and Kobe…
Otanoshimini!

7 Likes

Flew to Corpus Christi from San Antonio in the Twin Otter with Invest 98L dumping rain over the area.

5 Likes

Just a quick short flight from Manchester Airport to Basel EuroAirport.

9 Likes