What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Trying out CRJ 700 on a short flight from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

4 Likes

Stupid ATC-controller in Santiago de Chile … :clown_face:

Nice view over the Andes Mountains in Chile:

4 Likes

Snap. Flew the very short hop from EIWT to EIDW in Cessna 152. Parked up and fired up the drone. Watched endless Ryanair, several Aer Lingus and occasional other airlines departing and arriving on 28L. All only around 60secs behind Flight Radar 24. FSLTL is Christmas come early.

3 Likes

I needed some directional guidance on my way north towards Canada.

6 Likes

Flew my PMDG 737-700 from Sitka to Ketchigan and did a “Hands Off” CAT IIa Autolanding.

2 Likes

Short flight, from Aasiaat to Ilulissat in Greenland.

Hand flying it in…

Just beat the sunset.

Next trip from here, is to Qaarsut.

Hopping from one location to the other and opening bases as I go (in AH2).

7 Likes

After spending the spring and summer flying around the US and Canada (~140 legs, 23,000 KM) I was looking for a new adventure.

Years ago, back in FS98, I flew for an upstart virtual airline (they just turned 24 this year) and I really enjoyed the experience as a pilot.

This September I started work on my own little VA, Trek Exploration Airways, to play with. After some spreadsheet work (built some code to generate passenger loads and destinations) and goofing around (scanning real work prices/competition) I launched my little airline. I fly the Flysimware Cessna 414AW. Awesome airplane, with a good useful load and can fly quickly above the weather.

The routes are to little airports in British Columbia, typically in narrow valleys or other challenging approaches. I have 10 routes and depending on the number of passengers, fuel burn, weather (headwinds kill fuel economy), my profit per route changes.

Today was a return flight from Revelstoke (CYRV) to Vancouver South Terminal (CYVR).

Some pix
Revelstoke BC

Routes

Boarding passes (random passenger and barcode generator)

Flight database (used to calculate profit/loss and track other flight stats)

CYVR visual approach (instrument approaches for RWY 26 have been non-selectable since WU11)

Vancouvver South Terminal

12 Likes

Cobbled together a tri/quad prop config for my Bravo throttle unit with spad.next; works with the Junkers Ju-52. Of course the DC-6 seems to treat the axes differently, so I’m gonna have to fiddle more with that later.

I’ve merged the prop pitch & mixture axes for all three/four engines, but have separate throttles. Works ok enough for now. :wink:

(nevermind the flipped reverser, I hit it while taking photos :smiley: )

7 Likes

checked out Chicago today

7 Likes

I made it to Alaska thanks to favourable weather in the region. Had concerns to stay grounded due to a bad weather forecast. Started where I left the aircraft at Prince Rupert (CYPR) and made my way north into south Alaska.

On the way into Alaska

First stop was Metlakatla Seaplane Base (PAMM) approx. 20nm south of Ketchikan (PAKT).
While I was fiddling with the water handling in moderate winds (in reality the handling of the C172 Float is abysmal when winds hit more than 5kts), a Coast Guard ship arrived and moored at the local harbor.

From PAMM I decided to cut it short because of increasingly choppy wind conditions and only made a relatively short hop to the Yes Bay Logde (78K) approx. 35nm north of PAKT.

Beached at 78K

Let’s hope the weather stays somewhat passable the next couple of days so I can continue my way north.

6 Likes

I like how Madagascar looks in the sim.

4 Likes

Flew the Cessna 170b from EGPU to EG13

2 Likes

Then flew the Cessna 170B from EG13 to EGEY

2 Likes

And then flew EGEY to EGPI with the Cessna 170B

2 Likes

Bilbao-LEBB (airport by Beautful Model of the World) to Lisbon-LPPT (MK Studios).
AI Traffic by AIG

7 Likes

Floating around over a cold Oktober morning

8 Likes

I tried my luck with Vatsim once more. I found a smaller airport that had its tower online, so I flew some practice circuits without Vatsim, then connected to it, asked for a radio check and got no answer… Waited for a few minutes then dialed in unicom and started to taxi to the runway. As I was aproaching it, I switched over to the tower to make sure, where he was answering this time: he has to log off

Well, maybe next time

4 Likes

Started the first long trip in my recently purchased PAC P-750 XSTOL. Australia-Nepal.
First leg today was meant to be Griffith to Gladstone, but ran out of time in the real world so decided to finish up in Toowoomba.
Leaving YSDU Dubbo (forgot to get shots leaving Griffith)

Joining the circuit for YNBR Narrabri

Mount Kaputar National Park just northeast of Narrabri

She’s got a bit of a sad look about her, that’s why I just had to buy it :heart_eyes:

Lining up on final for runway 11 YTWB Toowoomba, this aircraft is really easy and enjoyable to fly!

Full flaps, configured for landing :+1:

My team was ready on my arrival, as always :wink:

6 Likes

Foggy mornings have been the order of the recent days here in LA and even in San Diego. Still practice TO and landings in this beast. Each time is a learning experience. Some day my take-offs and landings will both be straight. Best source of technique and encouragement has been Into the Blue Simulations on YouTube. Cheers. North Island NAS

6 Likes

Flew my PMDG from KSAN to KLAX with real traffic

1 Like